Fit to fly - 72 hours?

Yes, within 72 hours from first port of departure. There are some, very rare, instances where people have been rejected at a stopover if it (by then) passed 72 hours. This, however, is not supposed to be the rule so I shouldn't be too worried about it. 

Edited by aldriglikvid

3 minutes ago, johnbarley said:

Haha, that's hilarious. An online physical.

From the other side of the world no less (24/7 from the looks of it) and cheap as chips compared to local online consultations. Makes a bit of a mockery of the requirement but it is what it is.

• Like 1

Recently returned from UK, now in ASQ.  I did Covid test in UK, and it included a Fit to Fly cert.  This was an e-mail with "Fit to Fly" as a prominent heading, aand the Covid results as a attachment.

At Heathrow and transit airport I was asked for F2F cert.  Showed print of this mail and covid test result.  

Accepted without question.

Originally I downloaded the F2F certificate from Thai Embassy web-site.  Showed it to a Dr. friend who thought it was nonsense; sometthing Thai gov. had picke up, mainly concerned with sick people flying in normal times.  Nothing at all to do with Covid

My impression was that this was of little importance to airlines and Airport authorities, just some extra thing that Thailand had imposed.

14 hours ago, johnbarley said:

Haha, that's hilarious. An online physical.

Believe it or not, a great many Fit to Fly certificates have been given after a telephone conversation with the applicant.  The Thai Embassy in London gives a list of sources and many of them do not conduct a physical examination, it is done by phone.

Calling it a Fit to Fly is in fact wrong. My Doc says a real Fit to Fly involves ECG's, lung function tests etc.  In this case, all they ask are Covid related questions.

However, be wary.  I have been told that quite a lot of people arriving at Heathrow Airport recently have been told their Fit to Fly certificates are not acceptable and were given details of a source that could provide them by phone - hopefully before the flight took off. 

That sounds like a scam to me - much the same as the guy that used to walk up and down the visa queue at VFS telling people their passport style photos were not up to standard - it just so happened that he could recommend a photographer downstairs.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 1

On 1/31/2021 at 6:49 PM, Salerno said:

Get it from Dr Donna in that case, around half an hour, video consultation.

dr_donna.jpg.0c11a9d1661bbb68f11c4eac0428c43d.jpg

Video consultation but not PCR test. This has to take a defined time because the test requires growth of the virus. 

• Haha 1

On 2/1/2021 at 12:41 PM, Clarkey611 said:

My doctor stated that she would only issue a Fit to Fly certificate with a negative RT-PCR test.

Managed to get both issued by the Wren Clinic within 24 hours.

Did you get them as 2 separate certificates? I've booked my test and FTF with the Wren clinic too

On 2/1/2021 at 1:47 AM, aldriglikvid said:

Yes, within 72 hours from first port of departure. There are some, very rare, instances where people have been rejected at a stopover if it (by then) passed 72 hours. This, however, is not supposed to be the rule so I shouldn't be too worried about it. 

On my flight (from Zurich) every single person that did not have a fit-to-fly issued less than 72h ago was rejected!

many people tried to call the doctor to quickly issue a new one and send to email as proof ...some succeeded.

3 hours ago, daviddunham said:

On my flight (from Zurich) every single person that did not have a fit-to-fly issued less than 72h ago was rejected!

many people tried to call the doctor to quickly issue a new one and send to email as proof ...some succeeded.

Yes, that's what I'm saying. But it's from your original departure if your flight have stopovers. 

On 2/3/2021 at 6:32 PM, Russel said:

Ok thank you very much 

NEWS

When you get to your hotel, they will wait a couple of days and then tell you that instead of being allowed out to the relaxation area  on Day 7 after the result of your first negative PCR test (Day 6), you will not be allowed out until Day 14 after your second negative test (Day 13) because that you are a big risk having arrived from the UK. This means that cleaning, if you want it, will not be available until that point. The sheets and towels by that time will be able to walk to the washing machine by themselves. 

Watch out for the scams such as having to pay THB 300 for having some clothes delivered to your room. In addition, you will be charged the following if you need extras:

20 ฿ Tea bag

25 ฿ Sachet of coffee

25 ฿ Sachet of milk creamer

15 ฿ Sachet of sugar

The hotel will sell it to you in a pack of 10.

I suggest you bring all the you need to cover the 16days, 15 nights

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Clarkey611 said:

NEWS

When you get to your hotel, they will wait a couple of days and then tell you that instead of being allowed out to the relaxation area  on Day 7 after the result of your first negative PCR test (Day 6), you will not be allowed out until Day 14 after your second negative test (Day 13) because that you are a big risk having arrived from the UK. This means that cleaning, if you want it, will not be available until that point. The sheets and towels by that time will be able to walk to the washing machine by themselves. 

Watch out for the scams such as having to pay THB 300 for having some clothes delivered to your room. In addition, you will be charged the following if you need extras:

20 ฿ Tea bag

25 ฿ Sachet of coffee

25 ฿ Sachet of milk creamer

15 ฿ Sachet of sugar

The hotel will sell it to you in a pack of 10.

I suggest you bring all the you need to cover the 16days, 15 nights

It is 72 hours from first point of departure

Not all ASQ hotels are the same

To start included two free laundry items per per day

I had no problem getting extra water or coffee no charge

Gym was closed by order of Govt same for any extra rules for UK

One pair of socks is one item. Not even getting dressed for first few days I did not use the whole allowance.

I arrived after dinner time thus  advised I could order from the room service menu gratis. There was a gift hamper of snacks and fruit on arrival. Twice as much food as I want 3 times a day. Quality one would expect of a 5 starr buffet. The only extra charge was for  Chang Soda flats six packs  and one night I had a  vanilla bean Gelato.

• Like 1

I found this address issuing online fit-to-fly certificates: https://gogodoc.com/fit-to-fly-health-certificate/?gclid=CjwKCAiA9vOABhBfEiwATCi7GO2U1BNToBHnH1NV8O2aagk--IexZiEuWH7G6vyUzLPO-YSUj4Zk3RoCEAoQAvD_BwE

However, since I'm not flying from the UK, being associated with the UK and its "variant" is not a good idea. Fancy being prevented to board because I was very recently declared fit-to-fly "in the UK".

On 1/31/2021 at 7:49 PM, Salerno said:

Get it from Dr Donna in that case, around half an hour, video consultation.

dr_donna.jpg.0c11a9d1661bbb68f11c4eac0428c43d.jpg

But only when you fly from Thailand? Otherwise it is cheating. A doc who never saw you gives you a health clearance?

Yes, this is Dr Donna. Anything goes. Know the woman.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Letseng said:

Otherwise it is cheating.

Cheating 555

What's the difference getting it from a Dr in Bangkok via video consultation or from a Dr in your home country via video consultation? Nothing, apart from a few more Baht in your pocket instead of theirs.

• Like 1