Elderly woman who cares for sick son makes plea to Phitsanulok motorists

webfact

Elderly woman who cares for sick son makes plea to Phitsanulok motorists

11pm.jpg
Picture: Sanook

A Facebook post showed an elderly woman on a motorcycle with sidecar attachment with an unusual sign for other motorists. 

It said in big bold letters: Be careful - Don't go into me

It went on to explain that she was a 68 year old woman from Bang Krathom (Phitsanulok) who admitted to not being a good rider. 

She said in the sign that she had to take her handicapped son who could not walk for kidney dialysis three times a week. 

She repeated that her eyesight was not good and requested that people did not go into her. 

The posts inspired netizens to ask how they might help the lady. 

Source: Sanook

• Like 2

On 2/2/2021 at 10:10 AM, brianthainess said:

Maybe she should fix the tail light thats not on, and get some installed on the side car Nah thought not TIT.

Why does the bike need a tail light on in broad daylight and how do you know that the one that is fitted isn't working?

17 minutes ago, Matreusse said:
On 2/2/2021 at 10:10 AM, brianthainess said:

Maybe she should fix the tail light thats not on, and get some installed on the side car Nah thought not TIT.

Why does the bike need a tail light on in broad daylight and how do you know that the one that is fitted isn't working?

It's the law in Thailand that a motorcycle needs to have headlight and tail light on all the time, not just when it's dark.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

It's the law in Thailand that a motorcycle needs to have headlight and tail light on all the time, not just when it's dark.

ROAD TRAFFIC ACT, B.E. 2522 (1979), Part 2, Section 11, which covers that, only states that lights must be used when visibility is restricted at less than 150m.  There's no stated requirement for lights on motorcycles 24/7.

PART II

USE OF LIGHT OR SOUND SIGNAL OF CONVEYANCE ______ Section 11. At the time of not enough illumination to view people, conveyance, or obstruction on the path clearly within the distance of not less than one hundred and fifty meters, the driver on the road must turn on the light or illumination of the category, character, and condition prescribed in the Ministerial Regulation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matreusse said:

ROAD TRAFFIC ACT, B.E. 2522 (1979), Part 2, Section 11, which covers that, only states that lights must be used when visibility is restricted at less than 150m.  There's no stated requirement for lights on motorcycles 24/7.

PART II

USE OF LIGHT OR SOUND SIGNAL OF CONVEYANCE ______ Section 11. At the time of not enough illumination to view people, conveyance, or obstruction on the path clearly within the distance of not less than one hundred and fifty meters, the driver on the road must turn on the light or illumination of the category, character, and condition prescribed in the Ministerial Regulation.

In that case, I sit corrected.

How come a lot of newer motorbikes don't allow you to switch the headlights off? I have always been told you must have your lights on all the time, irrespective of the visibility.

I see hardly any motorbikes without headlights during the day.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Matreusse said:

M/bikes here you can't turn off the lights, hers is not working so it will still be off at night. Even a very old (front drum brake) bike of mine has lights on when engine running. 

Edited by brianthainess
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, bluesofa said:

In that case, I sit corrected.

How come a lot of newer motorbikes don't allow you to switch the headlights off? I have always been told you must have your lights on all the time, irrespective of the visibility.

I see hardly any motorbikes without headlights during the day.

Yep, if you see a M/C without lights during the day then they will be off at night also. see them here all the time ride at night with an indicator on, if they can be bovered init.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Matreusse said:

lights on makes a lot of difference in any weather and especially in poor lightning conditions, and even though things have improved, i think police should keep an eye out and enforce this common sense law

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

M/bikes here you can't turn off the lights, hers is not working so it will still be off at night. Even a very old (front drum brake) bike of mine has lights on when engine running. 

believe it or not but early 2000 it was actually the law to have the lights OFF in daytime, even as i was sitting waiting for

traffic light to switch on and couldnt interpret the policemans hand signals he walked over and turned my lights off.

cambodia to this day has that warped law

Edited by scammed

3 hours ago, brianthainess said:

When was that feature included as standard on bikes, then, and what year is her bike?!

17 hours ago, bluesofa said:

How come a lot of newer motorbikes don't allow you to switch the headlights off?

Perhaps it's a feature that the manufacturers voluntarily decided to include in recent years, on some bikes, without legislation forcing them to do it.

16 minutes ago, Matreusse said:

When was that feature included as standard on bikes, then, and what year is her bike?!

the law on lights on should have been made around 2005-2007,

and my guess is a year later it became standard new built

to have lights on at all time, and that is one of the best improvements on traffic regulations to have ever seen the light

in thailand

2 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

You Asked how long since lights where not able to be switched off i was only trying to give you some info END OF.

Still don't understand what drum brakes on your bike have to do with a discussion about rear lights on her bike!