Gas powered vehicle incinerates driver after horrific crash near Phetchaburi

webfact

Gas powered vehicle incinerates driver after horrific crash near Phetchaburi

8pm.jpg

Picture: Talk News Online

Khao Yoi police and rescue services responded after a Honda car collided with a power pole and burst into flames near a U-turn on the Petchkasen Highway southbound yesterday.

Lots of onlookers were staring helplessly as the fire blazed by the side of the road near the Petchsiam factory.

After the severe fire was extinguished the blackened remains of Krissana Kaewpleuak, 31, were retrieved.

8pm1.jpg

Picture: Talk News Online

His mother Panya said that her unemployed son would come to her place for meals and was on his way when the accident occurred.

He was driving a gas powered vehicle that clearly exploded causing the devastating fire after he lost control of the car.

Talk News Online called it a grim accident.

Source: Talk News Online

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-02-02

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, canopus1969 said:

Moral to this story - if driving a gas powered car don't hit power poles!

no Sir, the moral  is,  never drive a gas powered car.  They are a death trap in any kind of accident , be it  your fault, or someone else's. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Extremely grim. You can only hope that he was killed by the impact.

RIP young Man.

I would never  drive, or travel in any Gas powered vehicle after that really horrendous accident on the 36 route near the Bira Raceway several years ago in which many people died in this horrific manner while travelling in a Mini Van.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

What is it with Thais and poles? We read of these collisions every single day. And they usually seem to be on straight roads. I live on a long straight road and in my seven years here there have been around 20 accidents - I've lost count now - within 500 metres of my house, involving death, coma, amputations, overturned lorries, pickups in the roadside ditch. When Thais can't even negotiate a straight road you know there's a problem. Maybe, like yesterday when we were forced to pull over as a car came straight at us flashing his lights, they are forced off the road too.

I now refuse to go out at night as there are too many bikes with no rear light, or not even a front light as they come at you on the wrong side of the road, drivers who are clearly drunk, drivers driving down the wrong side of a dual carriageway. And so on and so on. The place is a lunatic asylum. Just today I saw three kids sitting in the sidecar part of a motorcycle - which is illegal, but it being illegal has no relevance in Thailand - with the boy driver showing off by weaving over the road and almost being hit by a pickup. Why is it that Thais have absolutely no awareness of danger?

You could also ask what is ich drivers and trees? 

Poles and trees are beside roads and that’s all there is to it! 

41 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

What is it with Thais and poles? We read of these collisions every single day. And they usually seem to be on straight roads. I live on a long straight road and in my seven years here there have been around 20 accidents - I've lost count now - within 500 metres of my house, involving death, coma, amputations, overturned lorries, pickups in the roadside ditch. When Thais can't even negotiate a straight road you know there's a problem. Maybe, like yesterday when we were forced to pull over as a car came straight at us flashing his lights, they are forced off the road too.

I now refuse to go out at night as there are too many bikes with no rear light, or not even a front light as they come at you on the wrong side of the road, drivers who are clearly drunk, drivers driving down the wrong side of a dual carriageway. And so on and so on. The place is a lunatic asylum. Just today I saw three kids sitting in the sidecar part of a motorcycle - which is illegal, but it being illegal has no relevance in Thailand - with the boy driver showing off by weaving over the road and almost being hit by a pickup. Why is it that Thais have absolutely no awareness of danger?

I believe they just don't care or think too mutt. Life is cheap in Thailand and Paradise awaits.

3 hours ago, Pilotman said:

no Sir, the moral  is,  never drive a gas powered car.  They are a death trap in any kind of accident , be it  your fault, or someone else's. 

In my past life in Queensland I used to assist a mate who fitted gas to vehicles professionally, I stress professionally. Tanks had to be tested to Australian standards and fitting supervised by a licensed / qualified mechanic who was legally liable for any faults. Many crashes happened but unless the tank itself was punctured very , very few fires, you could cut the supply lines and immediately after the release of pressure safety valve would close. After having said all the preceding there is no way I would ever have a car with gas in Thailand, why ? , does anyone here read the instructions...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Arkady said:

Reminds me of an accident in Bangkok when a gas truck spilled LPG over a line of cars coming down the ramp from the expressway on to Petchburi Road. About 30 people died either at the scene or in hospital later. Many could see it coming but couldn't get their cars out the traffic jam on the ramp.

I moved to BKK in Oct 1990 just a couple of weeks after that horrible disaster. The police had moved the burnt out cars to nearby Makkasan Rd and I still have etched in my memory the image of a Benz with blobs of molten alloy where the wheels had been.

It was reported at the time that after a small collision with a tuktuk and the tanker rolled over most people did not panic and run away from their vehicles because the fire didn't start immediately. That gave enough time for the invisible, but heavier than air, LPG to seep out and cloak the ground of the whole Petchaburi/Wireless Rd intersection. Eventually something sparked the fire after which the flames consumed all the oxygen in the air causing the vehicle engines to stall so even those not gridlocked by traffic were paralysed. It is hard to imagine the horror of being faced with the choice of jumping out of your car to instant incineration or wait inside for another minute.

I think it was close to 100 people that died which was then the worst man made disaster in Thailand's history until a couple of years later when the Kader toy factory fire in Phuttamonthon took over that dubious honour.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Arkady said:

Reminds me of an accident in Bangkok when a gas truck spilled LPG over a line of cars coming down the ramp from the expressway on to Petchburi Road. About 30 people died either at the scene or in hospital later. Many could see it coming but couldn't get their cars out the traffic jam on the ramp.

LPG or Benzin - same danger.

In the UK, most highways and motorways (not city streets) have armco barriers to deflect the vehicle from hitting and impacting the poles, bridges, supports thus avoiding sudden and catastophic damage to vehicles and occupants. Here I see barriers set up that provide exactly the possibility of fatal impact. Add that to all the other road dangers and it's a disaster waiting to happen. RIP.

The way this car is smashed, I doubt that because it was gas powered or diesel

powered mattered.  This fatal accident looks like speed was a factor.  RIP to the driver

and I am glad that more people were not killed in this crash.

Geezer

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Pilotman said:

But it is OK to drive a car with the rear seat passengers sat on 45l of gasoline?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

The way this car is smashed, I doubt that because it was gas powered or diesel

powered mattered.  This fatal accident looks like speed was a factor.  RIP to the driver

and I am glad that more people were not killed in this crash.

Geezer

True. There is a more enlightening article (chiangraitimes.com).

Driver was a woman. She was excessively speeding, overtaking multiple cars before swerving over the median strip to the other side.

Engine was thrown out from the impact! Oncoming vehicle ran into it.

8 hours ago, thedemon said:

LPG is an invisible gas whereas gasoline is a liquid which you can see. LPG is compressed whereas gasoline isn't.

When benzin is burning it is actually the gaz from the benzin that is burning. Not the benzin intself. I am sure you can find info on the internet if interested.