Covid-19 60 days extension after extending visa exemption

Hi all!

My visa exemption is expiring on 21st february and I was wondering if I could ask for a 30 days extension first and then on 24th of March (before 31st March), I could ask for a 60 days Covid-19 extension? so I can stay an additional 3 months.

Also does anyone have the Bangkok immigration link to get an appointment for permission of stay extension?

Will I need to show a return ticket, insurrance (my insurrance is only valid 3 months), proof of accomodation or bank statement to get the extension?

Thanks

Shaka

You can apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension.

Appointment site. http://203.151.166.132/immigrant_queue/booking/ You will apply for it at the office at Muang Thong Thani.

No need for insurance and etc that you mentioned.

You will only need to complete a affidavit stating the reasons your need the extension that immigration will give to you when you apply.

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension.

Appointment site. http://203.151.166.132/immigrant_queue/booking/ You will apply for it at the office at Muang Thong Thani.

No need for insurance and etc that you mentioned.

You will only need to complete a affidavit stating the reasons your need the extension that immigration will give to you when you apply.

Thanks! I already take an appointment, I supposed i have to choose extension by tourist visa, STV (counter J ) even i f I enter with a visa exemption?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I went to Phuket town immigration and everything went smooth.

I first wanted to ask for covid 19 extension, but the immigration officer adviced me not to do it.

He said I better apply for a 30 days extension first, and then in one month for a 60 days covid 19 extension before 30th March.

He told me that he was pretty sure that there won't be any extension of the covid 19 visa amnesty after 30th March and that I won't be able to extend again.

Also make sure you have a hotel reserved on the day you applied for the extension, they will check if you are really staying in the province.

Shaka

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, shaka300 said:

He told me that he was pretty sure that there won't be any extension of the covid 19 visa amnesty after 30th March and that I won't be able to extend again.

Not too sure about that.

Anyway the good news is that your covered to mid March and can then get covid extension that will cover you till mid May. Excellent.