Crackdown on corrupt firefighters

geovalin

Minister of Interior Sar Kheng has ordered authorities to crack down on firefighters and fire truck drivers asking for bribes from homeowners in exchange for putting out fires.

During the celebration for the International Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims in Kandal province yesterday, Kheng said if a firefighter refuses to put out a fire and waits for the owner of the house to pay a bribe first, the local authorities are at fault. He instructed all provincial governors to look into this issue and make sure it does not happen at all.

He said that sometimes fire trucks cannot reach fires due to bad roads or clustered housing, but if the trucks can reach the fire they are obligated to put it out straight away.

He added that the fire trucks belong to the state, the petrol is state-paid and the firefighters are state-paid civil servants. “You must not take money on the missions. Do not do it as a business for yourself. It is not right. I ask all capital and provincial authorities to pay attention to check the problem, solve the problem and do not let it happen.”

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50809850/crackdown-on-corrupt-firefighters/

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, geovalin said:

to crack down on firefighters and fire truck drivers asking for bribes from homeowners in exchange for putting out fires.

If a fiery come up to for a bribe i'd set his pants on fire that's for sure, how rotten can you get? what next? ambulance staff asking for bribes to help people in need?...

• Like 1

instead of posting this  and that services/governments offices,  etc... are corrupted I think it would be must easier and a shorter list to just publish which ones are NOT corrupted  555

for the hardliners:  Sarcasm intended

Edited by Mavideol
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, geovalin said:

firefighters and fire truck drivers asking for bribes from homeowners in exchange for putting out fires.

will firefighters and truck drivers accept cheques in case the homeowners is short of cash?

how inhuman can a human become?!

14 hours ago, ezzra said:

If a fiery come up to for a bribe i'd set his pants on fire that's for sure, how rotten can you get? what next? ambulance staff asking for bribes to help people in need?...

Cambodia is very corrupt. I had a worker get hurt took him to the hospital. They wouldn't touch him until I paid. I had to run out and get cash, once I paid in he went.