Celebrity DJ admits alcohol secretly brought in at his birthday party

snoop1130

Celebrity DJ admits alcohol secretly brought in at his birthday party

By The Nation

800_66d5ec11c096248.jpg

After completing his first 15 days of treatment for Covid-19, celebrity DJ Techin Ploypetch, aka “DJ Matoom”, admitted in an Instagram post that his friends had secretly brought alcohol to his birthday party. The January 9 party ended up infecting at least 26 people.

He said his friend brought the alcohol in from outside because the hotel where the party was being held refused to serve any in line with government regulations.

The DJ also apologised for his irresponsible behaviour.

Meanwhile, Techin has chosen to stay on in hospital until he has fully recovered even though doctors believe he is well enough to go home.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30402251?utm_source=category&utm_medium=internal_referral

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2021-02-04

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

He said his friend brought the alcohol in from outside because the hotel where the party was being held refused to serve any in line with government regulations.

But allowed it ti be brought in?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, YetAnother said:

who cares about that ?? the alcohol didnt spread the virus; an ongoing illogical thai war against alcohol 

Imprinted on them - I discussed this with Thai friends - they just said 'well, when people drink alchohol they're more likely to take off masks and talk loudly so banning it's good'.

They also need to ban shoes, hammers, screwdrivers, forks... indeed anythingi for which you can cook up a fairy tale in which it can be made to look bad.

Allowing 2 units per person, for example, at restaurants for reasonably isolated groups would be 'sensible'. Putting stupid x's around the table is not.

Junta treats them like kids, they learn to prefer that because it's imprinted from Thai School days...

• Haha 1

Wasn't he called the "super spreader".

Shame to give him this name. Super should mean super.

Imagine a Lionel Messi not scoring goals or Hamilton not winning a race.

Would they be called super....

Forgot, that's only for the neighbours from My.....

Good for him not blaming the hotel for serving alcohol , i geuss all the drinks that where sold where put on the roombill so it looked like no alcohol was being served at the party. A thai party without alcohol ??? I think he wouldn't have had his party at the hotel in the first place if he was told they wouldn't serve alcohol .