Macron supports U.S.-Iran dialogue, floats himself as 'honest broker'

webfact

1 hour ago, Morch said:

I did not put words in your mouth, and stop with your bogus "against forum rules" bit. After a series of posts which basically amount to 'it's not fair', 'it's not right', 'it ain't nice' - hard to call it any other way.

People choose or support leaders for all sort of reasons, not just the one you mentioned. And even so, it can be argued that trying to amend the agreement would contribute more to overall stability long term. If you wish to pretend believing every politician is a righteous boy scout, that's up to you.

Holding that reality is more complex than your over-simplistic narrative is not "muddying the waters".

To use your own 'argument' - one could claim that if Iran was truly interested in stability, or getting out of this mess, it would simply cease uranium enrichment, and do whatever it takes to restore the agreement. It could be said that Iran failing to do so, focusing on 'you go first', 'Trump reneged on the agreement' and so on is pathetic and gambling with people's lives.

But, obviously, such moralizing or 'reasoning' is only ever applied to other parties, not those you support.

As for your scaremongering - there is no war, and there are no nuclear weapons. Get a grip.

TVF rule 16) You will not make changes to quoted material from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. This cannot be done in such a manner that it alters the context of the original post.
...You are using quotation marks to quote words that I did not write. Stop doing so please. If you want to fantasize and paraphrase, then paraphrase, but don't misquote.

Well, I suppose your it is what is routine and "reality is more complex" is at least a variation on your usual obfuscatory theme of it's all in the too hard basket .

More disinformation
>>one could claim that if Iran was truly interested in stability, or getting out of this mess, it would simply cease uranium enrichment, and do whatever it takes to restore the agreement. It could be said that Iran failing to do so, focusing on 'you go first', 'Trump reneged on the agreement' and so on is pathetic and gambling with people's lives.

"do whatever it takes to restore the agreement" i.e. roll over,Iran, allow us to renege on the deal we originally signed but about which we have since changed our minds.  Allow us to set new terms that will emasculate your defenses. And allow Macron to help us do it.

Iran has offered to cease uranium enrichment immediately and simultaneously when USA lifts sanctions.

Trump did renege on the agreement. The peace wrecking ball proposed a long list of impossible preconditions to recomply, basically telling Iran to stop defending itself, so that Israel can act with impunity. Which he knew Iran could only refuse. Biden is doing the same.

Iran has offered synchronized detente through an EU mediator. Biden is the one insisting Iran 'you go first' while at the same time hinting he may want to change US obligations when it's his turn. Who can blame Iran for mistrusting USA?

Iran's offer of slowly slowly this for that, then this...is perfectly reasonable and understandable in the circumstances. Solves the Mexican standoff. Could all be done over a period of days/weeks, and the world could breath more easily. The ball's in Biden's court.

Edited by dexterm
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, dexterm said:

TVF rule 16) You will not make changes to quoted material from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. This cannot be done in such a manner that it alters the context of the original post.
...You are using quotation marks to quote words that I did not write. Stop doing so please. If you want to fantasize and paraphrase, then paraphrase, but don't misquote.

Well, I suppose your it is what is routine and "reality is more complex" is at least a variation on your usual obfuscatory theme of it's all in the too hard basket .

More disinformation
>>one could claim that if Iran was truly interested in stability, or getting out of this mess, it would simply cease uranium enrichment, and do whatever it takes to restore the agreement. It could be said that Iran failing to do so, focusing on 'you go first', 'Trump reneged on the agreement' and so on is pathetic and gambling with people's lives.

"do whatever it takes to restore the agreement" i.e. roll over,Iran, allow us to renege on the deal we originally signed but about which we have since changed our minds.  Allow us to set new terms that will emasculate your defenses. And allow Macron to help us do it.

Iran has offered to cease uranium enrichment immediately and simultaneously when USA lifts sanctions.

Trump did renege on the agreement. The peace wrecking ball proposed a long list of impossible preconditions to recomply, basically telling Iran to stop defending itself, so that Israel can act with impunity. Which he knew Iran could only refuse. Biden is doing the same.

Iran has offered synchronized detente through an EU mediator. Biden is the one insisting Iran 'you go first' while at the same time hinting he may want to change US obligations when it's his turn. Who can blame Iran for mistrusting USA?

Iran's offer of slowly slowly this for that, then this...is perfectly reasonable and understandable in the circumstances. Solves the Mexican standoff. Could all be done over a period of days/weeks, and the world could breath more easily. The ball's in Biden's court.

Wake me up when you're a MOD on this forum. Until then, kindly stop with your nonsense. And I get it, you don't want to accept reality for what it is, instead preferring some oversimplified narrative fitting your world view and agenda. That's fine, but not going to change things one bit.

Once again - expecting the Biden administration to do stuff, while harping on what's moral and righteous is alright, somehow when this is applied to Iran, and you're back to who-started-it, who-goes-first and so on. As said earlier, more focused on finger pointing than anything else.

• Sad 2