Buying a computer at JIB.

FlorC

8 minutes ago, FlorC said:

So they're like JIB.

I haven't seen any , and before people mentioned them here , I had never heard of them.

While I can't open advice.co.th , strangely your link did open for their Dell laptops but everything is in thai, no english button to see where their outlets are , nor does the chat function work.

Are there any in the Phrae area ?

I opened a few links to laptops but no mention of the onsite warranty.

And the bad thai/english keyboard.

Buying from Dell through an authorized dealer you do get the onsite warranty and maybe a non thai keyboard ?

Well invadeIT mentions the onsite warranty.

image.png.0c7ccbe7df4ca5b2bc9f35abd5e28fc5.png

There's one just down the road from Big C. Keyboard looks like this:

image.png.d67dc04b20e0c8dac52c1874bf23ad77.png

46 minutes ago, FlorC said:

So they're like JIB.

I haven't seen any , and before people mentioned them here , I had never heard of them.

While I can't open advice.co.th , strangely your link did open for their Dell laptops but everything is in thai, no english button to see where their outlets are , nor does the chat function work.

Are there any in the Phrae area ?

I opened a few links to laptops but no mention of the onsite warranty.

And the bad thai/english keyboard.

Buying from Dell through an authorized dealer you do get the onsite warranty and maybe a non thai keyboard ?

Well invadeIT mentions the onsite warranty.

The homepage advice.co.th requires enabling javascript and third party scripting for full functionality. Other parts of the site, like the Dell laptops, don't need all the extra scripting but will still be missing some functionality.

Maybe you're using an Internet security program that is blocking the necessary scripting for all of your browsers?

For what its worth I bought a Lenovo laptop online from InvadeIT and was very satisfied. And their website invadeit.co.th is a complete opposite to advice.co.th in that no scripting or third party connections are necessary to navigate their site.

On 2/6/2021 at 10:25 AM, FlorC said:

I need to buy a new computer and my local JIB store seems the best.
There they say only Lenovo and HP give 2 year on site warranty, this means
a tech of that company comes to the JIB store to repair it within the week.
Is this true , and really only those two ? I want to verify that this is so , but on

their (bad) website there is no email to contact headoffice.

Dell comes to your house next day to repair back in europe , not here ?
Weird that you can't order on Dell's thailand site , and no prices on there too.
I don't want to buy a computer that JIB or me has to send to Bangkok to repair

and that I lose for 3 weeks or more , and potentially comes back , not well repaired and/or damaged .

Sorry, but I don't get what the drama is here. If you want an on-site warranty, you have to buy it.

Your story about Europe simply isn't true. On-site warranties are not bundled with consumer laptops.

You want to buy the cheapest and plastickeyest laptop and expect to get an on-site warranty? Forget it. They come with business devices.

If you want it for the laptop that you have chosen, it will cost you between 1200 baht and 2600 baht for a 3 year on-site. But of course you knew all of that; because you aren't dumb and know how to navigate a website.

https://store.hp.com/th-en/default/laptops-tablets/personal-laptops/hp-essential-laptops/hp-laptop-15s-du2051tx-1m8w3pa.html

https://store.hp.com/th-en/default/

If you intend to buy that laptop then I strongly suggest that you choose to include the three year on-site warranty.

In addition to this, they have some somewhat misleading discounts on the HP website. One emblazoned a 15% discount storewide(!) until you read the small print where it states that the maximum discount is 500 baht. Better than nothing. But wait....If you stay on the page long enough without choosing to purchase, a pop over will emerge. It will encourage to enter an email address. If you do that, you get a spin of the wheel of fortune. They know the people like anything that looks like gambling.

I 'won' a 5% discount.

HP.png.3a96a6cd6932e2f6a7a6b1d61de29e63.png

Good luck.

21 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

Sorry, but I don't get what the drama is here. If you want an on-site warranty, you have to buy it.

Your story about Europe simply isn't true. On-site warranties are not bundled with consumer laptops.

Whilst you're correct for virtually any other manufacturer, DELL equipment comes with DELL premium support. On-site is part of the package - no extra charge.

I always buy DELL or Apple for this reason, the service is exceptional when something goes wrong.

Edited by 2530Ubon
  • Like 1

I have bought 2 Dell computers in Thailand. Both had 24 hour on site support. A 2 year warranty for a desktop and 1 year for a laptop. Extended warranty available, at a cost of course.

As I previously stated I needed support for the  desktop. They arrived within 24 hours excellent service.

34 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

Whilst you're correct for virtually any other manufacturer, DELL equipment comes with DELL premium support. On-site is part of the package - no extra charge.

I always buy DELL or Apple for this reason, the service is exceptional when something goes wrong.

JIB Thailand make no mention of any special kind of warranty for the consumer device at the OP's price point: https://www.jib.co.th/web/product/readProduct/44579/122/NOTEBOOK--โน้ตบุ๊ค--DELL-INSPIRON-3505-W566155260ATHW10--BLACK-

If it is a Premium on-site warranty, then they have made a major error in not making any reference to it.

They are official dealers, so it would benefit them to add "on-site".

For example, iTrinity mention it:

AMD Ryzen™ 3 3250U Mobile Processor : 4M Cache, up to 3.50 GHz
4GB,, DDR4, 2400MHz up to 32 GB (additional memory sold separately)
256GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive
Optical Drive : NONE
15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Anti-glare LED Backlight Non-Touch Narrow Border WVA Display
Integrated graphics with AMD APU
802.11ac 1×1 WiFi and Bluetooth
Integrated Widescreen HD 720P Webcam with Dual digital microphone array
3-Cell, 42 WHr, Integrated battery
Microsoft® Windows 10 Home 64bit + McAfee® LiveSafe™ 12 month Subscription
2Yr Premium Support: Onsite Service – Retail
Adapter 2 Years Warranty / Battery 1 year Warranty

Ports & Slots
1. SD Card Reader | 2. USB 2.0 Gen 1 Type-A | 3. Wedge-shaped lock slot | 4. Power-in | 5. HDMI 1.4 | 6. RJ45 | 7. USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A | 8. USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A | 9. Audio jack
Dimensions & Weight
1. Height: 18.0 mm – 19.9 mm (0.71″ – 0.78″) | 2. Width: 363.96 mm (14.33″) | 3. Depth: 249 mm (9.80″) | Starting Weight: 1.83 kg (4.04 lbs)

https://itrinitydell.com/product/notebook-dell/inspiron/3000-series/new-inspiron-15-amd-w566155260athw10-3505-bk-w/

Edited by Eindhoven

Thanks 2530 , the place of the location is wrong , I 'm pretty sure , but I've found the right location , it is between Lotus and Immigration.

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@18.1533639,100.1586605,3a,75y,288.49h,92.19t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sTNXDhI5fOtpWhCEwfCHMHw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=en

I had seen it but never realised what it was.

I will check it out next time I go to the city.

2 hours ago, KeeTua said:

The homepage advice.co.th requires enabling javascript and third party scripting for full functionality. Other parts of the site, like the Dell laptops, don't need all the extra scripting but will still be missing some functionality.

Maybe you're using an Internet security program that is blocking the necessary scripting for all of your browsers?

I have old browsers , with javascript enabled but no third party scripting. No security program blocking , I think...

A lot of websites don't work in one or the other. Usually no problem , just now with Advice non of them work.

Although I would buy a Dell online ...from Dell , buying online fron InvadeIT is not doable.

Though they have nice ones with full Dell onsite warranty incl in their price.

2 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

No drama man.

I started this to verify JIB's warranty on HP's , they say 2 years , fixed at their store in a week.

In europe it isn't bundled , but i didn't say that.

When ordering you get the option of buying 1 to 4 years next day onsite repair as an extra with an extra cost (Dell).

Because of some posters here that aren't very satisfied of HP , I'm looking at Dell's and wonder about their onsite warranty in thailand.

The Dell I looked at on InvadeIT , came with the 3 year onsite included in the price.

Looking at your link to the HP , the 2 years onsite costs 2590 THB , and it is not included in the JIB price.

So JIB lied or didn't mention that I must buy it extra ?

Edited by FlorC

1 hour ago, elfpattaya said:

I have bought 2 Dell computers in Thailand. Both had 24 hour on site support. A 2 year warranty for a desktop and 1 year for a laptop. Extended warranty available, at a cost of course.

As I previously stated I needed support for the  desktop. They arrived within 24 hours excellent service.

Yeah , but how/where did you order and buy it ?

1 hour ago, Eindhoven said:

JIB Thailand make no mention of any special kind of warranty for the consumer device at the OP's price point:

You are right . JIB doesn't mention what kind of 2 year warranty. Comparing makes it difficult.

itrinitydell is cheaper and gives the full onsite warranty , but like InvadeIT , it is only on line or at IT Mall Fortune Town.

7 minutes ago, FlorC said:

You are right . JIB doesn't mention what kind of 2 year warranty. Comparing makes it difficult.

itrinitydell is cheaper and gives the full onsite warranty , but like InvadeIT , it is only on line or at IT Mall Fortune Town.

Does it make a difference if you have an on-site warranty? You can always call JIB head office to check the warranty if you want to buy from them. The good thing about having a local store is having your hands on a product in order to check the quality of the build. 

27 minutes ago, FlorC said:

No drama man.

I started this to verify JIB's warranty on HP's , they say 2 years , fixed at their store in a week.

When ordering you get the option of buying 1 to 4 years next day onsite repair as an extra with an extra cost (Dell).

Because of some posters here that aren't very satisfied of HP , I'm looking at Dell's and wonder about their onsite warranty in thailand.

The Dell I looked at on InvadeIT , came with the 3 year onsite included in the price.

Looking at your link to the HP , the 2 years onsite costs 2590 THB , and it is not included in the JIB price.

It might mean that the two year warranty with JIB's HP is return to base. You pay extra for on-site. Cheaper for their three day on-site. Next Business Day is 2590 baht.

Look for an IPS screen within budget. The ones at which you look do not appear to have IPS screens. Make sure webcams are at least 720p capable at 30 fps.

39 minutes ago, FlorC said:

No drama man.

InvadeIT has a three year warranty on cheap Inspirons?? I doubt it. Two years on-site more likely. Why is it that you cannot order from them?

3 hours ago, FlorC said:

Yeah , but how/where did you order and buy it ?

Bought my Dell desktop from Wattana, Pattaya. I went to their shop in Pattaya and bought it  2 years warranty. That was about 5 years ago, still working perfectly.

I had already  told you this in the 3rd comment. Dell computers come with at least 1 year Warranty, which includes 24 Hour on site service.

May be a good idea if you read the replies.

15 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

Does it make a difference if you have an on-site warranty? You can always call JIB head office to check the warranty if you want to buy from them. The good thing about having a local store is having your hands on a product in order to check the quality of the build. 

I can't call, I have no telephone and asking questions and answers in broken english ,is not good. I want email or chat that I can copy and re-read. Spoken words are cheap and fade away.

The bad thing about a store here is : Before the pandemic , they had 10 to 15 or more computers in plastic cover in their store. Since around april 2020 their store has no computers .

If it doesn't sell in one store where it has been displayed for sometimes months ( battery!!!) , it goes to a different store where they ordered it.

A reason why there is no stock one day and the next there is , from other shops or returns > used by some one else.

I'd rather buy from Dell direct.

Look for an IPS screen within budget. The ones at which you look do not appear to have IPS screens. Make sure webcams are at least 720p capable at 30 fps.

If I buy a cheap 15,6 inch HP to tie me over , it doesn't have to be IPS screen , because I would buy a 4k external screen for photo's , video....

I don't use a webcam. Ever since Skype stopped on winXP , many years ago , I haven't used my external webcam , I havent even installed the software for it , when I changed HDD's and reinstalled XP in 2015.

InvadeIT has a three year warranty on cheap Inspirons?? I doubt it. Two years on-site more likely. Why is it that you cannot order from them?

The one on invadeIT , I was looking at , did have 3 years , it was the Dell XPS , not a cheap one though. They deleted that one today , it's not anymore on the list of 17 inch models.

The cheaper inspirons have 2 years onsite.

If I have a problem , I can go to my local JIB , or now even Advice , or if bought directly from Dell online = ok. (but not possible in thailand).

But buying from invadeIT online you have to go to Hua Hin ...

Btw : anyone know what happened to Hardwarehouse ?

They used to be everywhere like JIB , but now ?

12 hours ago, elfpattaya said:

May be a good idea if you read the replies.

I do read them , elfie , but with many replies and different posters , I forget.

I don't even know what Wattana in Pattaya is. I haven't been in Chonburi since 2012 , although my car's licence plate still says Chonburi ...☺️

Bought a HP desktop in Bangkok last year online at the HP store, comes with 3 year warranty. The model I ordered was not available anymore (though still displayed as 'available' on their website) but they replaced it with a newer model with slightly better specs. at no cost.

If you have the HP assistant installed you can check when the warranty expires. 

I think I 'm first going to take a look at the Advice store in town.

Maybe revisit JIB to ask for more info about onsite repair , since I can't email or chat with their headoffice. ( I don't telephone).

You folks give me things to think about , like buying better.

It is hard to say how long I (we) will be stranded in thailand because of the corona . Do I want to wait 'till 23 - 24 ?

If I had been in europe as planned last fall , I probably would have bought the 17 inch 16-10 screen XPS .

I hate 16-9 for a laptop. I still have to do without the new batch of AMD CPU's 7nm , but the intel cr-p on 14++++++++++, or dodgy 10nm and with the side attack stuff that is less with AMD. Of course Dell and Intel  are bound together for premium models. (yuk !)

I was surprised to see the 17 inch XPS with 4 k screen and  3 years onsite at InvadeIT for 99.999. Even with the devalued euro , that is still a good deal , but I would rather have the 1920-1200 HD screen , a lot cheaper , and 4k on 17 inch is ridiculous. (and of course without the thai keyboard)

G7 would be the cheaper option , but it has only the 16-9 screen.

On 2/9/2021 at 10:19 AM, FlorC said:

How did you contact Dell in Thailand ?

I called them with the sales number on their website. They passed my details on to an authorised Dell dealer in Bangkok who contacted me, I gave them the specifications I wanted and they sent me a quote. This was five years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Been to my local Advice store , with a larger selection of laptops than JIB.

On the Dell's there was a sticker about the premium warranty.

The lady at the shop said to call Dell when broken and they will come to fix it at my place within a week.

Logical . Thailand is a big country and next business day repair like back in my smaller country would be near impossible.

No Dell's for less than 20k. Cheap acer starting from 12k.

Lots of Lenovo and Asus.

Went to JIB too and now they tell me repair onsite (at my place) is an extra for the HP's not in a week at their store like they told me last year.

What a big difference between Dell US and Dell.th .

So much more to choose from the US site , but you have to import it and buy it from bestbuy or amazone > that what the indian chat guy told me ...

Truth be told , not everything on the US site is available on euro sites.

On 2/20/2021 at 11:58 AM, FlorC said:

Been to my local Advice store , with a larger selection of laptops than JIB.

On the Dell's there was a sticker about the premium warranty.

The lady at the shop said to call Dell when broken and they will come to fix it at my place within a week.

Logical . Thailand is a big country and next business day repair like back in my smaller country would be near impossible.

No Dell's for less than 20k. Cheap acer starting from 12k.

Lots of Lenovo and Asus.

Went to JIB too and now they tell me repair onsite (at my place) is an extra for the HP's not in a week at their store like they told me last year.

What a big difference between Dell US and Dell.th .

So much more to choose from the US site , but you have to import it and buy it from bestbuy or amazone > that what the indian chat guy told me ...

Truth be told , not everything on the US site is available on euro sites.

Well, what exactly's your issue now? If uptime's critical to you, then have a backup machine and sync'd disks or cloud storage with similar configs and keep them updated. If my main beast goes down, I can just as well use either of two spares, desktop or laptop, or even my tablet while I'm carrying out a repair. I've also got an updated portable Linux SSD I can plug into any machine anywhere. 

We've had 2 weeks of this dithering now. Buy the d@mn laptop, man.

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1