Best ride hail firm in BKK currently

elgenon

11 hours ago, tonray said:

GRAB...only game in town outside of regular taxis

Apart from Bolt (Much Cheaper), Lineman & Indriver (haven't tried this one but it's where you offer how much you want to pay for the journey & the drivers either accept or you up your bid until they do)  

Grab are too expensive now & Bolt seems to always have a driver nearby 

On 2/8/2021 at 4:41 AM, Mike Teavee said:

Apart from Bolt (Much Cheaper), Lineman & Indriver (haven't tried this one but it's where you offer how much you want to pay for the journey & the drivers either accept or you up your bid until they do)  

Grab are too expensive now & Bolt seems to always have a driver nearby 

Thanks for the survey. Do you know if Bolt operates in Chiang Mai or Pattaya?

On 2/7/2021 at 4:08 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I never used the phone or any app to oder a taxi. There are plenty of them on the streets. And if one doesn't want to go or overcharge then use the next one.

taxi1.png

Yes, this is my preference but at times I have had many who quote a high price. One time I was going to meet a friend at Monument Circle from Suk, and it was very hot, and they all wanted an exorbitant amount. I was in the correct position on the road so they wouldn't have to turn around. But very hot out there.

And during rain the quotes are high and taxis are hard to come by. And on holidays prices are high.

I take my luggage out to Suk from my hotel, position my self so it's easy to get onto the highway, and still need to stop about 5 to get a meter to Suvarnabhumi.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, elgenon said:

Yes, this is my preference but at times I have had many who quote a high price. One time I was going to meet a friend at Monument Circle from Suk, and it was very hot, and they all wanted an exorbitant amount. I was in the correct position on the road so they wouldn't have to turn around. But very hot out there.

And during rain the quotes are high and taxis are hard to come by. And on holidays prices are high.

I take my luggage out to Suk from my hotel, position my self so it's easy to get onto the highway, and still need to stop about 5 to get a meter to Suvarnabhumi.

If you're at a hotel, why not just wait in the lobby and have the bell-staff get a cab for you?

I use Grab, And "GrabTaxi" car option, always by meter that they start after pickup + 20 Baht. Usually ends up cheaper than the App guess. I also pay with GrabPay connected to my CreditCard. Sometimes i give 20 or 40 extra tip after the ride

I don't use the "GrabCar" , "JustGrab" or "GrabPremium" they are expensive, but has a fixed price even if the drive take the wrong turn.

Outside Bangkok you might be forced to use "GrabCar" or "JustGrab" options because there might not be any "GrabTaxi" around.

13 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

If you're at a hotel, why not just wait in the lobby and have the bell-staff get a cab for you?

Last time I was at Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel I did ask the lobby to get me a Taxi, I waited 20 minutes and nothing, I asked their guard handling the taxis if I should order a Grab instead. He said "Maybe faster" and my Grab was there in a minute.

Edited by Eaglekott
Spelling corrections

On 2/9/2021 at 9:51 PM, Yellowtail said:

Because they have picked a driver who has a high price. The hotel also has taxis that also have the high price. I'd like to have a say in what I am paying. A choice.

5 hours ago, elgenon said:

Because they have picked a driver who has a high price. The hotel also has taxis that also have the high price. I'd like to have a say in what I am paying. A choice.

I just tell them by the meter, if they don't like, I tell the staff to get another one.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2021 at 5:53 AM, elgenon said:

Thanks for the survey. Do you know if Bolt operates in Chiang Mai or Pattaya?

I don’t but if you download the app & put a sample journey in, you should be able to see if you can book a car & if you can, cancel it straight away.

I used Bolt to go from my condo (near On Nut BTS) to BKK airport last Wednesday & it was 317 THB for an “Economy” car but a new Fortuner  turned up ???? 

Edited by Mike Teavee

1 hour ago, Mike Teavee said:

I don’t but if you download the app & put a sample journey in, you should be able to see if you can book a car & if you can, cancel it straight away.

I used Bolt to go from my condo (near On Nut BTS) to BKK airport last Wednesday & it was 317 THB for an “Economy” car but a new Fortuner  turned up ???? 

Sorry I should have said that I know that Bolt do operate in Pattay as I actually found out about them from a Pattaya Vlog  (either NDTVi or Rides4Kickz) & a couple of others have since said  positive things  about using them. 

22 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

I always though the name Fortuna was based on the word fortunate. You have confirmed this. 555

Rock on!

I can't do as you say , and probably won't be able to for a while. Thailand is keeping me locked down in the States. So I am spending my time doing research for when despicable Americans are allowed in.

I've used Grab Car regularly since just after it started up in BKK and have only had a couple of poor experiences, and even then nothing majorly bad.  They are quite reliable on the whole. 

Taxis are cheaper, sure, but it is not at all unusual that they are dirty and poorly maintained, without seat belts and with drivers who are rude, play tricks with the route and/or drive too fast and recklessly.