Second wave of Covid all under control except for Bangkok and two provinces, top doc

webfact

This blame game is ridiculous. Show us the evidence. How did they arrive at this conclusion? Where are the statistics? What about those selfish and moronic hi-so's drinking, gambling and sex parties? What about the officials who let Thais and others enter the country without going into quarantine etc etc....

• Like 1

20 hours ago, webfact said:

In the central Thai province of Samut Sakhon the authorities were subjecting Myanmar migrants to the "Bubble and Sealed Factory Accommodation Quarantine" strategy keeping the migrants in factories and homes and treating them if they fall sick.

So sad in this day & age.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mike787 said:

Second wave will be followed by several more....this <deleted> is going on forever.  Experts say the only thing we can hope is when the pandemic will decrease to become an endemic. 

A bit like corruption, it's here to stay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, jvs said:

Except for a little place called Bangkok where 12 million people live!

No worries.

Quite a few from Bangkok on Jomtien Beach last and will be next weekend, good news not one has Covid....

17 hours ago, sitti said:

same as in UK, EU, US, blaming all on Asians over there

Very true. And quite many hate crimes targeting Asians around here. Disgusting... 

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-nhs-staff-fall-victim-to-anti-chinese-hate-crimes-amid-fears-violence-will-rise-when-lockdown-ends-12206686

Re: In Bangkok the main problem was asymptomatic Myanmar people working in homes spreading the virus to Thais.

I would like to see the scientific evidence on this statement!

Wonder how many of the Myanmar Bangkok house slaves are legal.

On 2/8/2021 at 6:48 AM, Emdog said:

Only Bangkok and 2 other provinces, so no worries? It's like saying "only one room in the house is on fire"

You mean, like:

We have a few hornets under roof!

So, make sure, they are all killed.

Let‘s burn down the house !

????

????????

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, berrec said:

Wonder how many of the Myanmar Bangkok house slaves are legal.

Well ... „slaves“? 

I assume, you have strong evidence for that ?

Unfortunately, I am only aware of 2 families, having Myanmar staff in the household:

1) 3 young girls, paid monthly. Huge 290sqm apartment in Bangkok, the grandkids also often there, but for 3 easily manageable. All 3 sent to school, paid by the family.

2) Family in Central Thailand, managing a big hotel. 2 Myanmar girls staying with Khun Mae, keeping her apartment clean, regular salary, eating with the family and also attending family outings.

Their family is living ~10km away in a small settling of mainly Karen from Myanmar - I have seen their houses and how the family is living ... I bet, the girls prefer to be „slaves“ ...

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2021 at 3:55 PM, DavisH said:

Can't be justified for BKK residents. There are only a handful fo cases out of 10.7M residents. You must be Australian. Lock down a damn city because of one case. 

1) not Australian. 

2) Bangkok is a red zone. Other red zones have been locked down, why not Bangkok. Are the residents too elite to accept what the rest of the country has to endure or are their noses stuck too far up their <deleted> to care about the rest of the country. 

Edited by Keesters

• 4 weeks later...

Lack of mask wearing was a problem. 

I see this every day with the culprit almost always being a farang. 

With the majority of Thai people including little kids wearing their masks correctly is it too much to ask the farang community to do the same. 

• Like 1