Second wave of Covid all under control except for Bangkok and two provinces, top doc

webfact

Not from what I hear via the jungle drums in the north east . Was told about some rich clown who had Covid and decided to go to Bkk to party with friends despite knowing he had Covid and then he returned to home area and threw several more parties with live music etc . Now load of them are infected all because some rich idiot thinks they are exempt from rules and regulations ! 

4 hours ago, jvs said:

Except for a little place called Bangkok where 12 million people live!

No worries.

...Amazing Thailand...only 3/5ths not affected..i would say that is catastrophic and a complete and utter failure...brace yourselves folks.

So Bangkok is in lockdown and no one can enter or leave to contain what would be the last nail in the coffin of Thailand's already decimated tourist industry and businesses, of course not its under control what could possibly go wrong.

1 hour ago, DavisH said:

Nearly all of them were in Samut Sakorn, you forgot to add. Only 2 in bkk. 

3 in BKK, but how many of the walk-in individuals were Thai?  The majority possibly"? All it takes is one person to be a super spreader, as they are now finding out about one of the Thai pork sellers from The Ampawa area who is now linked to a total of 87 cases: 22 in Samut Sakhon, five in Phetchaburi and one each in Bangkok, Ratchaburi and Suphan Buri. ....start to think outside of the box.  Glad to see you could give a flying .....about anywhere outside of wherever you may live and even then that's suspect.  Spread is spread......No testing and it just mysteriously goes away.

7 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Saying that , that means that it isn't under Control.

Sort of like having your cake but not eating it too, or wait isn't that Having your cake and eating it too, So it is either under control or its not, they can not have it both ways.  As someone famous once said, It may happen, it may not happen, we will just have to wait and see....

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Sort of like having your cake but not eating it too, or wait isn't that Having your cake and eating it too, So it is either under control or its not, they can not have it both ways.  As someone famous once said, It may happen, it may not happen, we will just have to wait and see....

It won't happen overnight but it will happen .   ????

6 hours ago, realfunster said:

If accurately reported, I am astounded at what is being said here, particularly point 3 regarding domestic workers. I would have thought the bigger issue in Bangkok was celebrity parties :whistling:. Anyhow, how did these mostly unregulated domestic workers get the virus and get into Thailand ? Or did they pick it up in Thailand ? What have the responsible authorities done about any of this ? 

Aside from being distasteful, this narrative does not bode well for effective monitoring and control amongst Thai citizens, if COVID is painted as only being a problem with the great unwashed coming in across the border. 

In trying to avoid any blame, a dangerous game is being played here. 

You think too mutt. Government says it is all under control except for the little matter of 12 million people. Now be quiet and slurp your rice soup and leave the statements to those who don't give a damn.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mike Rodik said:

never miss opportunity to blame some one else

how long are those myanmar people ALREADY in thailand ? months ? years ?

remember last year with the super spreader event in the boxing stadium ????

Tom Jones sang. "It's not unusual."

6 hours ago, realfunster said:

If accurately reported, I am astounded at what is being said here, particularly point 3 regarding domestic workers. I would have thought the bigger issue in Bangkok was celebrity parties :whistling:. Anyhow, how did these mostly unregulated domestic workers get the virus and get into Thailand ? Or did they pick it up in Thailand ? What have the responsible authorities done about any of this ? 

Aside from being distasteful, this narrative does not bode well for effective monitoring and control amongst Thai citizens, if COVID is painted as only being a problem with the great unwashed coming in across the border. 

In trying to avoid any blame, a dangerous game is being played here. 

They can't help themselves can they ? Blame anyone and everyone who is non thai.

This pandemic has brought out the best and the worst in people.  Charity for fellow man sitting next to blatant xenophobia.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Am I missing something here they say 2 provinces Samut Sakhon plus Tak and Bangkok  have Corivirus cases

So why is Bangkok not in lockdown when  people can still travel to other provinces plus Pattaya and other tourist areas ?

Especially with Chinese New Year coming up 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You think too mutt. Government says it is all under control except for the little matter of 12 million people. Now be quiet and slurp your rice soup and leave the statements to those who don't give a damn.

Is this considered fake news and will the DES arrest their counterparts for passing on untruthful information, Nah I didn't think so.

4 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:

Not from what I hear via the jungle drums in the north east . Was told about some rich clown who had Covid and decided to go to Bkk to party with friends despite knowing he had Covid and then he returned to home area and threw several more parties with live music etc . Now load of them are infected all because some rich idiot thinks they are exempt from rules and regulations ! 

Rules are made for other people to observe, not me.

• Like 1