Airport Immi Going Through My 72 Page Full Passport

I've read hundreds of posts since the new visa rules went into effect Oct 1. There were many about potential horror stories of Immi going through passports examining all stamps and holding up immi lines for hours. My story:

came into BKK airport last night with a single blank page left inside my 72 page US passport. I was not entering with a visa. I have 8 years worth of Thailand stamps in this passport along with countless ones from other countries. The immi lady went through each page in record time before stamping me in with 30 days. Anyone who thinks this causes chaos for immi is mistaken. She ripped and roared through each and every stamp in less than 5 minutes. I am certain there aren't too many harder passports to go thru than mine. I need to go to US embassy for new passport this week as I have added pages twice and used em all up! I wish I had timed her but it was way less than 5 minutes.

This is good to hear for once. It should never take longer than 5 mins.........................

How hard can it be to go through a passport? As long as the imm officer has a brain and decent vision, it should be very easy for them to pick out the stamps that apply and make a quick caculation. Hopefully the next time we hear about long lines we will also hear about a new basic math traning course being introduced for the slower imm officers to attend.

Edited by aussiestyle1983

The immi lady went through each page in record time before stamping me in with 30 days.

When she was scrutinizing your passport, did you inform her "That's S-A-N-F-O-R-D, PERIOD"? Or how about "That's Fred G Sanford and the 'G' stands for 'gimme another thirty day stamp'"? :o

"...I have added pages twice...'

Hi Fred, happy to hear stories that are positive. I'm also curious about the second time pages were added. Can you tell me how they are numbered? Did you have them added in bangkok?

Terry

I need to go to US embassy for new passport this week as I have added pages twice and used em all up!

I'm in a similar situation. Is it possible to have pages added a third time? Or do you have to get a new passport?

My understanding is that it's entirely up to the consular official.

I encountered an American on a train ride who that had 3 additions ... AND it was almost full and he was going to be in need of a fourth soon... :D

It was as thick as a brick...

He almost needed a separate backpack to carry it in... :o

Must have noticed at least 20 countries while I ogled it.

My name isn't Lamont... and I'm no dummy.... but I was suitably impressed... :D

Edited by sriracha john

I encountered an American on a train ride who that had 3 additions ... AND it was almost full and he was going to be in need of a fourth soon... :D

It was as thick as a brick...

He almost needed a separate backpack to carry it in... :D

Must have noticed at least 20 countries while I ogled it.

My name isn't Lamont... and I'm no dummy.... but I was suitably impressed... :D

"Hush yo Mouth, You Heathens"

:o

Hi Fred.

So sorry to hear about your five minutes delay at bangkok airport.

It really is unfair of the Thai authorities to single out US citizens

for this atrocious treatment. :o

Tip - On you next trip do a side trip to Cox's Bazaar and pick up

a passport 'wink' which won't attract this unwanted attention :D

Naka.

I wish I had timed her but it was way less than 5 minutes.

5 minutes per person. :o

Is the immigration hall big enough to hold the queues??

I thought that immigration had computers to avoid this type of delay.