Bruce Springsteen stars in Jeep Super Bowl ad, his first ever commercial

snoop1130

Bruce Springsteen stars in Jeep Super Bowl ad, his first ever commercial

By Will Richards

Bruce_Springsteen_Letter_To_You_-696x442.jpg

Bruce Springsteen during new documentary 'Letter To You'. Credit: Apple TV+

Bruce Springsteen has appeared in his first ever commercial – watch his appearance in Jeep’s Super Bowl ad below.

After resisting corporate partnerships for most of his career, Springsteen has finally become the subject of an advert after being chased by Jeep’s head of marketing Olivier Francois for a decade.

The advert, which is soundtracked by an ambient score created by Springsteen and his producer Rob Aniello, tackles the theme of a need for unity, similar to that which Joe Biden preached in his inauguration speech when becoming US president last month.

“Fear has never been the best of who we are,” Springsteen says in the advert, which is created at a chapel that, in a symbolic move, claims to be in the very centre of the United States. The advert is named ‘The Middle’.

Full Story: https://www.nme.com/news/music/bruce-springsteen-stars-in-jeep-super-bowl-ad-his-first-ever-commercial-2874378

36 minutes ago, Morch said:

Bob Dylan and Neil Young selling rights, Bruce Springsteen doing ads. What's the World coming to?

All about use it or lose it. Dylan & Young made smart business decision. All explained here.  https://www.vice.com/en/article/qjpj9d/why-would-bob-dylan-sell-his-entire-catalog

I was shocked by USA tax treatment which makes massive difference. US tax very high.  Dylan said that when he died his estate would probably sell his work so he thought better to manage the estate and asset this way.  I think he is brave and realistic to accept his mortality and to prepare for when he is gone. 

Springsteen smart too because he monetize his greatest asset himself.  He is old now at age 71. Not much more time to go. Closer to grave age than he is to middle age.  Maybe he understand importance to get as much value out of his assets too. Too bad he waste on jeep. 

2 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

All about use it or lose it. Dylan & Young made smart business decision. All explained here.  https://www.vice.com/en/article/qjpj9d/why-would-bob-dylan-sell-his-entire-catalog

I was shocked by USA tax treatment which makes massive difference. US tax very high.  Dylan said that when he died his estate would probably sell his work so he thought better to manage the estate and asset this way.  I think he is brave and realistic to accept his mortality and to prepare for when he is gone. 

Springsteen smart too because he monetize his greatest asset himself.  He is old now at age 71. Not much more time to go. Closer to grave age than he is to middle age.  Maybe he understand importance to get as much value out of his assets too. Too bad he waste on jeep. 

I get it, I get it....but still. No bad feelings, really, just a bit of meh ending.

Brilliant ad.

Certainly the best of a great batch ths year.

Perfect book-end to his Innauguration performance.

17 minutes ago, lockyv7 said:

hope that old clunker he was driving had a heater. 

Watch Springsteen’s Jeep Super Bowl Ad, His First Commercial Ever

In the mid-1980s, then Chrysler chairman Lee Iacocca approached Bruce Springsteen and offered him a large pile of money in exchange for the use of "Born in the U.S.A." in a Chrysler ad. Iacocca kept his money and Springsteen kept his song.

It was shot in Kansas, Colorado, and Nebraska, and there's no new Jeep pitched in the piece, only a web address that steers viewers to a site focused on future products. Springsteen appears behind the wheel of a 1980 Jeep CJ-5 that Variety reports is his own. 

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a35439773/bruce-springsteen-jeep-super-bowl-ad/