Thai Elite Visa stamp before and after expatriating

Hello, here's a question for those who have experience.

If one gets a long term Thai Elite visa, then acquires a second passport and expatriates their initial country at a later date, what is the process for moving the visa to a new country's passport?

2 hours ago, xraymikek said:

Hello, here's a question for those who have experience.

If one gets a long term Thai Elite visa, then acquires a second passport and expatriates their initial country at a later date, what is the process for moving the visa to a new country's passport?

I suggest you contact them about directly this, it's routine to have a new visa issued when the passport expires and you get a renewed passport but you seem to be talking about something very different here.

Your use of the word 'expatriate' is a little confusing - to me this word just means you're leaving your country but you remain a national, are you renouncing your nationality and giving up the passport or just getting a second nationality at some point?

Can't you continue to use your original passport? Member applications are made based on security checks tied to certain countries so I would definitely check with them in advance if you will need to do this.

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

Can't you continue to use your original passport?

I had the same question.  Can I use my original passport?  Well, depending on what country you're from, there may be an open question as to whether the country that issued it is still in business when the time comes to renew.

And if you're going for the 20-year visa, then after the initial stamp you're looking at two renewals.

It's peer to the question, what happens to me if I'm in LOS on a 20-year and my country goes tits up and now I can't renew my passport but I've still got X years on my visa?

My question would be if one renounced their citizenship in the country with the Thai stamp and gave up the passport.

I would imagine you could present both passports and they could switch the visa. However, I was hoping someone on the board actually has completed this process and could help share some details.

• Like 1

If you believe the scenario of losing your original nationality after being granted an Elite visa is a realistic possibility, you need to agree in writing with Thailand Elite how this will be handled. Generally, Thai Immigration is not going to like such a scenario at all. If Thailand Elite has not yet discussed such a situation with Thai Immigration, this needs to be negotiated and could take a long time.

• Like 1

Any bias against an individual who applies for a visa subsequent to entering the country on a different passport?

So, for instance, I go for the five-year elite, fly out of country on passport A, fly back into country on passport B, apply for the twenty-year... this is feasible?

9 minutes ago, Chang2 said:

Any bias against an individual who applies for a visa subsequent to entering the country on a different passport?

I don't think I would call it a bias. When a passport for another country is used to enter the country any previous permit to stays or visa applications in different passport would no longer be valid.

9 minutes ago, Chang2 said:

So, for instance, I go for the five-year elite, fly out of country on passport A, fly back into country on passport B, apply for the twenty-year... this is feasible?

If you applied for a 5 year Thai Elite visa or had one issued it would remain valid in the passport it was issued for.

After leaving the country and entering with a passport from another country you could apply for a new visa.

On 2/9/2021 at 6:12 PM, ubonjoe said:

A visa or permit to stay stamp cannot be transferred from a passport from one country to another one.

The visa and/or permit to stamp is lost when a passport from a different country is used to enter the country.

It just occurred to me that were a person to go with the 20-year elite they only get 5-year stamps at a time, right?

So just to be perfectly clear, if I apply under passport A for the 20-year elite, they put a 5-year stamp in that passport.  When the five years is up, do I get to use a different country's passport to receive the next 5-year stamp?

3 hours ago, Chang2 said:

It just occurred to me that were a person to go with the 20-year elite they only get 5-year stamps at a time, right?

They actually stickers not stamps. The visa is valid for 5 years and you have to get new one prior to the existing one expires.

3 hours ago, Chang2 said:

So just to be perfectly clear, if I apply under passport A for the 20-year elite, they put a 5-year stamp in that passport.  When the five years is up, do I get to use a different country's passport to receive the next 5-year stamp?

Your Thai Elite membership is approved and issued in a passport from one country. I am sure they would not issue a new visa in a passport from a different nationality.

• Thanks 1