Palazzo On Ratchda

Shah Jahan

I have heard that the hotel where I normally stay the Palazzo on Ratchada has been raided and ravaged by the police as they busted some illegal activity going on there. Has anybody who lives in the area heard of this and knows what the current status is?

isnt that a hotel that caters to the skin trade kind of tourist. those not welcome anymore.

actually most of the hotels in thailand cater to the skin trade type tourist. i stay there because it encourages my customers to come an have meetings with me due to the locality and they actually have the nicest rooms in BKK for the price. All new with hardwood floors for 1700 baht

anyways I heard that it was staked out and busted by the police and that some sort of international drug syndicate was running deals through there and a bunch of the rooms got busted up.

anyways my client told me that it would not be a good idea to stay there for a while as there might be some lingering business/watchers and i dont want to get caught in the crossfire

So now i need to find a hotel of comparable quality and price in the Ratchada area - any recommendations are welcome. any i dont mean those 4 star dumps with old green carpet and people who know how to bow in sequence- someplace nice you know....

I heard the Atrium Botquie is nice - anybody seen it?

emerald is nice but they are very unfriendly to girls.

Agreed. Stay away from the Emerald. I stayed there for 1 week then moved over to the Palazzo. Emerald cost me 600baht to bring a lady up to my room!! Palazzo didn't even care.

I stayed at Palazzo for 6 months during a part time work experience, and thought Palazzo was the best all around. I got a great junior suite at a great price and everyone was nice and friendly the whole time I was there. No problems ever. I would never stay anywhere else. Girl friendly, guest friendly.

emerald is nice but they are very unfriendly to girls.

Agreed. Stay away from the Emerald. I stayed there for 1 week then moved over to the Palazzo. Emerald cost me 600baht to bring a lady up to my room!! Palazzo didn't even care.

I stayed at Palazzo for 6 months during a part time work experience, and thought Palazzo was the best all around. I got a great junior suite at a great price and everyone was nice and friendly the whole time I was there. No problems ever. I would never stay anywhere else. Girl friendly, guest friendly.

I know - its one of the best hotel room for the value money (stay in the studio room) i have found across the world (seriously) and forget about the location - easy access to the Ukraine embassy you know.... :o

I need to know if there is some place in the area that is comparable.