Small compressor recomendation

robblok

I am looking for a compressor that can do what those bigger units can do but smaller. Like 8-10kg weight and not as big. I will mainly use it to clean stuff like keyboards computers and others stuff. I bought a really small one but the power is just not enough. I want a bigger one.

Unfortunately I am not that technical and don't know what is good. Can someone find a link on lazada max price 5000 euro. My bottled air that i use for cleaning is expensive too. I am just a messy guy at times as i eat near my computer. That is why i often clean my keyboard (expensive one 6000bt or so). So i like to keep it clean.

I prefer one without those big expansion vats on wheels.

1 hour ago, robblok said:

I am looking for a compressor that can do what those bigger units can do but smaller. Like 8-10kg weight and not as big. I will mainly use it to clean stuff like keyboards computers and others stuff. I bought a really small one but the power is just not enough. I want a bigger one.

Unfortunately I am not that technical and don't know what is good. Can someone find a link on lazada max price 5000 euro. My bottled air that i use for cleaning is expensive too. I am just a messy guy at times as i eat near my computer. That is why i often clean my keyboard (expensive one 6000bt or so). So i like to keep it clean.

I prefer one without those big expansion vats on wheels.

Just search for “compressor air” like this, they are very quiet 36AF65CC-3AF6-4FDA-B992-DB0102890907.thumb.png.433b95f26ddc516d7dc53eed4e4333bb.png

any of these will do. Make sure that you get an air gun like this as it is adjustable 

390549DD-7A5A-4218-BCFB-BD22C486E0C4.thumb.jpeg.de556c621f2615c6650a7d309269ea08.jpeg

you can get one that’s useable for tyre inflation that has no tank.

C6913A78-FBDC-4654-8B80-6EE5C84D127A.jpeg.7b2a0229d316521f49863db681c80c07.jpeg

Edited by sometimewoodworker

These were the ones i seen but i was looking for the type that was more expensive but no tank and 220v. BUt cant seem to find them. These ones are the one i had in the past really big. I was looking for something smaller. 

Thanks for the help anyway. The big one was doing a good job but just too cumbersome. 

17 hours ago, robblok said:

These were the ones i seen but i was looking for the type that was more expensive but no tank and 220v. BUt cant seem to find them. These ones are the one i had in the past really big. I was looking for something smaller. 

Thanks for the help anyway. The big one was doing a good job but just too cumbersome. 

The battery one can charge from 220V

5 hours ago, PJHassselt said:

am not sure about the costs. Some people use for cleaning purposes scuba diving tanks. When they are full (200 Bar) you can clean many times your keybord. There are more advantages, no water, no oil in the air. Filling a scuba tank is quite cheap. 

Be extremely careful, as it’s very easy to destroy electronics with static, the dryer the air the better the static generation, and also easy to damage a keyboard with high pressure air.

Also filling as SCUBA tank is only cheap and easy if you live near a fill station. Otherwise it’s difficult and expensive.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PJHassselt said:

I am not sure about the costs. Some people use for cleaning purposes scuba diving tanks. When they are full (200 Bar) you can clean many times your keybord. There are more advantages, no water, no oil in the air. Filling a scuba tank is quite cheap. 

Im a diver and have a regulator and first stage. But filling a tank would be a bother plus a nozzle from a scuba tank is not as good as that of a compressor. But it certainly was an original thought.

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

@sometimewoodworker

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/900w-brushless-air-compressor-gdy-660-i1668668127-s4667208516.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.59.4a2a54d8xMnY24&search=1

is this a normal compressor too ? i mean its smaller and lighter but is it a full power compressor i can get a hose and nuzzle on. 

Gonna be real hard for you to use compressed air without a tank. Those things dont store pressurized air, they pump it on demand. 

To do what you want to do, youll need a compressor with a tank, and youll need to turn the regulator way down to 1 or 2 bar or else youll blow the keys off your keyboard. The tanks are usually pressurized to around 100-120 PSI 

1 hour ago, farmerjo said:

I bought one of those. It creates a lot of air-flow, definitely enough to clean a keyboard and a lot more.

And it's LOUD.

13 minutes ago, robblok said:

@sometimewoodworker

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/900w-brushless-air-compressor-gdy-660-i1668668127-s4667208516.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.59.4a2a54d8xMnY24&search=1

is this a normal compressor too ? i mean its smaller and lighter but is it a full power compressor i can get a hose and nuzzle on. 

No mention in this description about air delivery capacity which is the most important number.

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I bought one of those. It creates a lot of air-flow, definitely enough to clean a keyboard and a lot more.

And it's LOUD.

And can double as a vacuum for cleaning out AC condensate pipes.

• Like 1

I stick the flexible rubber nozzle onto the side, connect to the dripping end of the condensate pipe and point the beast away from me and suck all the gunge out. 

A lot easier for me when the AC blower unit was on the third floor and condensate pipe vented at ladder height from the ground.

Edited by VocalNeal