Education Visa to 60 day Tourist Visa

Hello,

I understand that you can’t renew your education visa now.

I got one when I saw Covid becoming a problem in April last year.

my current school said I can pay all the money in advance and get the visa amd not have to go to immigration.

I think it will be a different visa.

does anyone know if it is possible to go from

an education visa to the tourist visa situation and pay the 1900baht every 60 days.

it would be a lot cheaper and more legit than the volunteer or university visas that you don’t volunteer or go to university.

do you need a letter from your embassy etc?

many thanks ???? 

You do not have to be on a tourist visa entry to apply for the 60 day covid 19 extension. Any type of visa entry can get the extension.

You would have to cancel your current extension based upon attending school before applying for it.

Some schools and agent can arrange for you to get additional extensions for attending school beyond the normal 12 month limits. You would not be applying for a new non-ed visa.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You do not have to be on a tourist visa entry to apply for the 60 day covid 19 extension. Any type of visa entry can get the extension.

You would have to cancel your current extension based upon attending school before applying for it.

Some schools and agent can arrange for you to get additional extensions for attending school beyond the normal 12 month limits. You would not be applying for a new non-ed visa.

Thank you so much ????

2 hours ago, Petekiwi said:

I got one when I saw Covid becoming a problem in April last year

Did you use an agent. If so then I would suggest you contact them to see if change to based on volunteering is an option.

Otherwise you could start obtaining 60 day covid extensions. Almost certainly issue will be extended beyond March.

On 2/11/2021 at 9:08 PM, DrJack54 said:

Did you use an agent. If so then I would suggest you contact them to see if change to based on volunteering is an option.

Otherwise you could start obtaining 60 day covid extensions. Almost certainly issue will be extended beyond March.

I got my Ed Visa through a Language school. 

I'd like to go to using the 60 day extensions for now when my Ed Visa runs out on April 11

I hope they continue to extend covid 60 day visas

1 hour ago, Petekiwi said:

I got my Ed Visa through a Language school. 

I'd like to go to using the 60 day extensions for now when my Ed Visa runs out on April 11

I hope they continue to extend covid 60 day visas

I'm thinking it's a given. Just obtain your covid extensions.

On 2/11/2021 at 6:50 PM, ubonjoe said:

Thank you ???? 

I went to immigration today and they said exactly what you said.

I just have to cancel my ed visa by Mar 31 and then apply for Covid Visa 

On 2/14/2021 at 4:11 PM, DrJack54 said:

I'm thinking it's a given. Just obtain your covid extensions.

Thank you ????

I went to immigration today and they said I just have to cancel my ed visa by Mar 31 and then apply for Covid Visa 

Archived