Jump to content

Has anybody applied for an extension of stay for an STV whilst they have been in Thailand?


Recommended Posts

I'm interested to know if the rules are the same as when you make the initial STV application in your home country.

Will I have to:

 

Show that I've paid for an additional 3 months accommodation up front?

Show any further medical certificates or covid tests?

Show another 3 months of $100,000 medical insurance specifically mentioning covid?

Show another 3 months of 40,000 baht outpatient / 400,000 baht inpatient health insurance?

Show proof of funds to stay for another 3 months?

 

I wondering whether it's best to apply for an STV, or just get an SETV and apply for another visa when that runs out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is not clear what is required to apply for a 90 day extension of a STV entry. I have only seen one report and the office where the person tried to apply at told him the insurance was needed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, HansumFarang said:

I'm interested to know if the rules are the same as when you make the initial STV application in your home country.

Will I have to:

 

Show that I've paid for an additional 3 months accommodation up front?

Show any further medical certificates or covid tests?

Show another 3 months of $100,000 medical insurance specifically mentioning covid?

Show another 3 months of 40,000 baht outpatient / 400,000 baht inpatient health insurance?

Show proof of funds to stay for another 3 months?

 

I wondering whether it's best to apply for an STV, or just get an SETV and apply for another visa when that runs out.

None of the above for me. They only wanted a current TM30 and 1900 baht. I did my extension in mid-January

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 2/12/2021 at 3:10 PM, toolpush said:

None of the above for me. They only wanted a current TM30 and 1900 baht. I did my extension in mid-January

This was for STV (Special Tourist Visa)?

Link to post
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, sallecc said:

This was for STV (Special Tourist Visa)?

There have been reports a couple of weeks ago that some Imm Offices - in absence of any guidelines/regulations on STV extensions - simply required the same as when you applied for the STV, including the 100.000 US $ covid-19 treatment insurance (!).   Such shenanigans and widely differing requirements depending on where you applied, probably led to the Immigration Office issuing the attached Infographic.

STV regulations for extension dd March 2021.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

There have been reports a couple of weeks ago that some Imm Offices - in absence of any guidelines/regulations on STV extensions - simply required the same as when you applied for the STV, including the 100.000 US $ covid-19 treatment insurance (!).   Such shenanigans and widely differing requirements depending on where you applied, probably led to the Immigration Office issuing the attached Infographic.

STV regulations for extension dd March 2021.jpg

Does anybody knows what is the cheapest 40/400k option and minimum period? Thanks... My gf will apply for 90 days extension of her STV by the end of this month.

Edited by sallecc
Wrong text
Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, sallecc said:

Does anybody knows what is the cheapest 40/400k option and minimum period? Thanks... My gf will apply for 90 days extension of her STV by the end of this month.

I did PM you a Guideline document outlining the process and with several tips on how to apply for the LMG Plan-1 (with 200K deductible) insurance, which meets the 400K/40K in/out patient health-insurance requirements. 

You can only subscribe to that policy for a full year, but the annual premium for someone under 51 years of age is only 3.900 THB.  An additional advantage of that insurance is that it does not require a medical to subscribe to it.

Screenshot pricing LMG-Insurance per age category.png

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, sallecc said:

Does anybody knows what is the cheapest 40/400k option and minimum period? Thanks... My gf will apply for 90 days extension of her STV by the end of this month.

Before getting the insurance I suggest she contact the office where the application will done to confirm what is needed.

The notification from the immigration facebook page is not all that clear about it being needed.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...