Has anybody applied for an extension of stay for an STV whilst they have been in Thailand?

I'm interested to know if the rules are the same as when you make the initial STV application in your home country.

Will I have to:

Show that I've paid for an additional 3 months accommodation up front?

Show any further medical certificates or covid tests?

Show another 3 months of $100,000 medical insurance specifically mentioning covid?

Show another 3 months of 40,000 baht outpatient / 400,000 baht inpatient health insurance?

Show proof of funds to stay for another 3 months?

I wondering whether it's best to apply for an STV, or just get an SETV and apply for another visa when that runs out.

13 hours ago, HansumFarang said:

I'm interested to know if the rules are the same as when you make the initial STV application in your home country.

Will I have to:

Show that I've paid for an additional 3 months accommodation up front?

Show any further medical certificates or covid tests?

Show another 3 months of $100,000 medical insurance specifically mentioning covid?

Show another 3 months of 40,000 baht outpatient / 400,000 baht inpatient health insurance?

Show proof of funds to stay for another 3 months?

I wondering whether it's best to apply for an STV, or just get an SETV and apply for another visa when that runs out.

None of the above for me. They only wanted a current TM30 and 1900 baht. I did my extension in mid-January

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
42 minutes ago, sallecc said:

This was for STV (Special Tourist Visa)?

There have been reports a couple of weeks ago that some Imm Offices - in absence of any guidelines/regulations on STV extensions - simply required the same as when you applied for the STV, including the 100.000 US $ covid-19 treatment insurance (!).   Such shenanigans and widely differing requirements depending on where you applied, probably led to the Immigration Office issuing the attached Infographic.

STV regulations for extension dd March 2021.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

There have been reports a couple of weeks ago that some Imm Offices - in absence of any guidelines/regulations on STV extensions - simply required the same as when you applied for the STV, including the 100.000 US $ covid-19 treatment insurance (!).   Such shenanigans and widely differing requirements depending on where you applied, probably led to the Immigration Office issuing the attached Infographic.

STV regulations for extension dd March 2021.jpg

Does anybody knows what is the cheapest 40/400k option and minimum period? Thanks... My gf will apply for 90 days extension of her STV by the end of this month.

Edited by sallecc
Wrong text

12 minutes ago, sallecc said:

Does anybody knows what is the cheapest 40/400k option and minimum period? Thanks... My gf will apply for 90 days extension of her STV by the end of this month.

I did PM you a Guideline document outlining the process and with several tips on how to apply for the LMG Plan-1 (with 200K deductible) insurance, which meets the 400K/40K in/out patient health-insurance requirements. 

You can only subscribe to that policy for a full year, but the annual premium for someone under 51 years of age is only 3.900 THB.  An additional advantage of that insurance is that it does not require a medical to subscribe to it.

Screenshot pricing LMG-Insurance per age category.png

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, sallecc said:

Before getting the insurance I suggest she contact the office where the application will done to confirm what is needed.

The notification from the immigration facebook page is not all that clear about it being needed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1