BBC World News barred from airing in China

webfact

On 2/13/2021 at 3:24 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Agree.

BBC is so woke now that I rarely watch it, except when the ads are on on other international news channels. It does like to show lots of programs about Africa and lots of football for those that like such, but impartial reporting about American politics is IMO absent.

I think for some posters the absence of impartiality means that a news service had a bad habit of reporting exactly what ex-President Trump said.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posters' personal taste for the BBC (apparently largely based on coverage of anything but things China) is little to do with China's actions and policies, in this case. It's not that China cares one bit for balanced reports, or that Chinese media outlets are allowed much that resembles quality reporting and journalism.

Further, most media/news outlets are composed of different section, such as news, analysis, and opinion columns. The bias tends to be more noticeable with the latter, but that's how opinions are, perhaps. Most serious venues, the news section per se is alright. There are, of course, instances where the choice of items covered and the degree of coverage may be effected by political leanings, but doubt it comes to a point meriting wholesale rejection.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2021 at 8:53 AM, blazes said:

Yes, I've watched this. It is an excellent example of how to be "factual" and yet utterly biased.  Not a single attempt to explain where Trumpism comes from and  WHY it is so threatening to the elites who run the show in Washington.

You mean the elites like Wall Street and the major banks?

11 hours ago, tgw said:

I underlined the true parts in this sentence.

But the BBC is certainly one of the most reputable left-leaning news broadcaster in the Western block.

As Stephen Colbert once said something to the effect that "It's a well known fact that reality has a liberal bias."

• Like 1