Where to rent a treadmill in Chiang Mai?

Kunjay

• 4 weeks later...

they rent by the day at local gyms... never heard of anyone renting exercise equipt though it is not a bad idea.. probably plenty unused around.. though you might be a market of one... 

first you need to pay for delivery and return when done.. 

5 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

they rent by the day at local gyms... never heard of anyone renting exercise equipt though it is not a bad idea.. probably plenty unused around.. though you might be a market of one... 

first you need to pay for delivery and return when done.. 

not to mention...deposit for security....just go on Lazada and buy one....cheaper

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tonray said:

not to mention...deposit for security....just go on Lazada and buy one....cheaper

hey Ton.. I guess that depends on how long the stay... not sure how buying/re-selling figures out.. I expect not great.. maybe look for a used one??

• Like 1

considering weight (your weight, its weight), price, ruggedness, cost of repair, etc. ... join a health club for whatever duration ?

i'd be curious to know if anyone here who weighs over 70  kg. has a frequently used  treadmill over one year old ...  purchased for  20k  baht or less  ...  that has not broken down.

if you go to a health club, you might get ... inspiration; or, guilt, that motivates you.

~o:37;

16 minutes ago, orang37 said:

considering weight (your weight, its weight), price, ruggedness, cost of repair, etc. ... join a health club for whatever duration ?

i'd be curious to know if anyone here who weighs over 70  kg. has a frequently used  treadmill over one year old ...  purchased for  20k  baht or less  ...  that has not broken down.

if you go to a health club, you might get ... inspiration; or, guilt, that motivates you.

To my shame I am well over 70Kg but my Horizon treadmill  puts up with it every day.

Bought about 5 years ago, am sure not over 20k

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JoePai said:

To my shame I am well over 70Kg but my Horizon treadmill  puts up with it every day.

Bought about 5 years ago, am sure not over 20k

There's nothing shameful about that. Anyone under 70 KG must be a woman.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, orang37 said:

I’m about 87-90kg (191cm) and have tried those sporting goods store sub $1,000 (฿30,000) treadmills in the past  They felt like they were going break just walking on them.

I went looking online for “gym quality” treadmills to see if I could find what I was used to using in the gym (life fitness) and was pretty shocked to see that they ran from $7,000 to $10,000 (฿200,000-300,000)

https://shop.lifefitness.com/platinum-club-series-treadmill

Edited by Airalee

24 minutes ago, Airalee said:

I’m about 87-90kg (191cm) and have tried those sporting goods store sub $1,000 (฿30,000) treadmills in the past  They felt like they were going break just walking on them.

I went looking online for “gym quality” treadmills to see if I could find what I was used to using in the gym (life fitness) and was pretty shocked to see that they ran from $7,000 to $10,000 (฿200,000-300,000)

https://shop.lifefitness.com/platinum-club-series-treadmill

A stationary bike would be a lot more economical I think. I picked up a pretty basic one for around 7k a few years ago and it still works fine. It's not pretty and it only has a basic odometer, heart rate monitor etc. but it seems to be built pretty well.

• Like 2

On 2/13/2021 at 9:06 PM, ChakaKhan said:

Go the mall and walk UP the Down escalator, and enjoy the view of the cuties shopping.. ???? Or just take a long walk...free

Hey Einstein, I’m sure the reason he is looking for this is because it’s Chang mai!

how is he supposed to go outdoors and take a walk!????????????????????????????????‍♂️????????‍♂️????????????????‍♂️????????‍♂️

• Like 1

You can find a Concept2 model 'D' rower locally for less than 60K (I realize a rowing machine is a completely different animal from a treadmill, but it's another option).  I imported one myself (several years ago) directly from their US distributor for less than 40K total including shipping and import taxes.

• Like 1

While shopping for apts in Cm Ive seen many places that have small gyms on location.....hotels as well

Seems a small fee to pay them to see if its a long term fit would be a idea..as most start exercising with grand ideals, then reality sets in

Is how gyms make money....human nature, and hidden fees

• Like 1

Bought this beauty on Lazada 3 years ago for 6000 baht. Probably 500 hours on it. I'm a 2.45 marathoner over 50 yo so it gets lots of hard runs. The trick is the incline and for this TM it has to be steep. 8 % at least but if pushing 100.kilos probly 10% or more.  

It is tiny and after cutting off the arms, I can carry like a suitcase when traveling. The Pic is on a trip to a race Phayao. 

On 3/12/2021 at 10:47 PM, Mark1066 said:

There's nothing shameful about that. Anyone under 70 KG must be a woman.

i am pretty sure you are in violation of more than one politically correct statute.

I for one am filing a grievance on behalf of the under 70 KG  demographic .  Oddly enough,

seems like more men are in that group than women  ????

Edited by rumak
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, atpeace said:

It is tiny and after cutting off the arms, I can carry like a suitcase when traveling

I did the same with mine.   Usually just put her in the suitcase when i travel ........

34 minutes ago, rumak said:

i am pretty sure you are in violation of more than one politically correct statute.

I for one am filing a grievance on behalf of the under 70 KG  demographic .  Oddly enough,

That was funny. You must be one of the vertically challenged mob. 55 

2 hours ago, sherwood said:

That was funny. You must be one of the vertically challenged mob. 55 

yes i am.    but i am a tiger when i get horizontal .   

and thanks for keeping your response SHORT.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, rumak said:

yes i am.    but i am a tiger when i get horizontal .   

and thanks for keeping your response SHORT.

Yeah.........right.

Modesty is definitely not one of your vices. Seventyish years old and still feels the need to boast (lie) about their sexual prowess. Who names themselves "knows a lot"?

5 hours ago, rumak said:

I did the same with mine.   Usually just put her in the suitcase when i travel ........

You seem to have a sense of humour.
That's what I usually do with my REAL girlfriend too.

That was a joke but you left it wide open. Cheers

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sherwood said:

You seem to have a sense of humour.
That's what I usually do with my REAL girlfriend too.

That was a joke but you left it wide open. Cheers

sometimes i can be like a 100 km away before i say  "  oops,  i think i forgot my suitcase"

oh, mai pen rai.    I can always get another one when i get there

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, rumak said:

Under 154 lbs or under 11 stone in English money seems a bit light for a full grown man but no offence was meant. I guess if you're short then you're in proportion.

30 minutes ago, Mark1066 said:

Under 154 lbs or under 11 stone in English money seems a bit light for a full grown man but no offence was meant. I guess if you're short then you're in proportion.

i take no offense,  as many of my posts are made tongue in cheek .  The height,  color, intelligence,  or sexual preference of other members makes little difference to me.

I do hate full grown men though.   ????????????????????