Can I travel to Thailand during this month Feb 2021 ?

AMichigan

1 hour ago, AMichigan said:

I researched found different sources and confused me. What do I need to prepare extra documents compare to the normal circumstance not COVID-19? 

Travel: USA to Bangkok and Bangkok to USA.

Thanks,

AJ

Thailand is right now not open, to foreigners, for general travel into the country except for people in certain specific categories (apart from certain diplomats etc), e.g. foreigners who hold specific visas connected to having a Thai family, foreigners who hold Thai work permits or a Thai Certificate or Residence.  

On the other side of the story have you established what restrictions might apply to US citizens leaving the US and entering the US at the moment.

Also can you qualify for/obtain a Thai COE (Certificate of Entry) to enter Thailand, and do you know what airlines/specific flights are approved to bring foreigners from the US (and other countries) into Thailand at the moment?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AMichigan said:

Thanks for the info. I need to read and find out more. Had no idea about COE or Airlines before.

it will set you back $4-5000 USD for everything to get in on top of airline tickets. two week quarantine. extra insurance. possible quarantine returning to the USA. 

have a friend who had to fly to a different city in the USA to get the test that alone cost him $600. 

• Like 2

If you're from Michigan, you're servicing consulate in in Chicago https://www.thaiconsulatechicago.org/pages-Visa.html  I'd suggest you start there, read all the requirements, then consult a worthy website like https://www.facebook.com/groups/275821990252759/   They have helped countless expats navigate the COE/airlines/insurance/ASQ/Visa requirements.  If you have a question, you can usually get it answered within a few hours.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

it will set you back $4-5000 USD for everything to get in on top of airline tickets. two week quarantine. extra insurance. possible quarantine returning to the USA. 

have a friend who had to fly to a different city in the USA to get the test that alone cost him $600. 

Not much different for travel from Europe (Germany).

I personally know one guy who did it. No idea how he survived two weeks without booze (heavy drinker) :sad:

A couple of logs/vlogs on the internet about the procedure.

And of course also here in the forum ("COE", "ASQ", "STV", quarantine).

Not sure whether this Los Angeles thread is of help:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1205520-stv-from-los-angeles-consulate-qs-re-accommodation-insurance/

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Not much different for travel from Europe (Germany).

I personally know one guy who did it. No idea how he survived two weeks without booze (heavy drinker) :sad:

A couple of logs/vlogs on the internet about the procedure.

And of course also here in the forum ("COE", "ASQ", "STV", quarantine).

Not sure whether this Los Angeles thread is of help:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1205520-stv-from-los-angeles-consulate-qs-re-accommodation-insurance/

You can put booze in your suitcase and duty free 

18 hours ago, Ireland32 said:

You can put booze in your suitcase and duty free 

He took some. Spirits instead of beer.

He said that there was no customs check to be seen at all.

(don't touch the poisonous baggage :tongue:)

But don't rely on that.

On 2/14/2021 at 8:03 AM, AMichigan said:

I researched found different sources and confused me. What do I need to prepare extra documents compare to the normal circumstance not COVID-19? 

Travel: USA to Bangkok and Bangkok to USA.

Thanks,

AJ

If you are in Michigan you need to go to Thailand to thaw out! Tell them that!