Queue at DLT Jatuchak - Question

tominbkk

Hi All

I have everything prepared to get my drivers license.  I went to a driving school, they are registered with DLT, I have done all practical training, physical tests, theory tests and everything else.  I have my certificate of completion from them and all documents prepared for the license application (checked off and complete according to my ajarn), so all I need to do is submit them and wait for them to process it and prepare my license.

My instructor said that depending on the queue I may have to wait til another day.  I therefore plan to get there an hour before opening and try to be front of line.  I did try to use the DLT app but it does not work for foreigners unfortunately.  So I just have to go in person and check it out.

In your estimation do you think I will be able to get the process done on the same day?  I just don't want it to be a multiple day / trip project.  I realize nobody may have a definitive answer but your guesstimations are revered.

Oh!  My district is Bangkhen, and the Jatuchak main office covers my district.  I'm curious, am I obligated to use that branch to apply, or could I do it at any branch in the province?  

Thanks

19 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Do you have a certificate of residence from Immigration to confirm your address? (Or a work permit or yellow house book)

You can probably do it at any DLT branch in Bangkok.

Hi Yep, I have everything ready (got it from immigration, took two weeks to deliver to the house).  My driving school confirmed I have all documents.  I've decided I will go to the Jatuchak DLT just to be safe, as it states that Bangkhen is under its jurisdiction.  I'm just trying to be as efficient as possible in getting this done....time is $$$ for me.  There is no clear info on whether I can do it at any DLT or not.  If I could, I would get in Pathumthani but I am not in that jurisdiction.

Edited by tominbkk

20 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Do you have a certificate of residence from Immigration to confirm your address? (Or a work permit or yellow house book)

You can probably do it at any DLT branch in Bangkok.

Oh also, for your info, the new work permits do not have your address in them, so cannot be used.  So if you have the new WP you still have to get the residence certificate.

12 hours ago, tominbkk said:

There is no clear info on whether I can do it at any DLT or not.  If I could, I would get in Pathumthani but I am not in that jurisdiction.

You can do it at another DLT.  For example, my district is closer to DLT Bangchak in Bangkok but I renewed my DL in the Cha-am branch which was friendly and not crowded.

I went to Jatuchak (Mor Chit) DLT building 4, to re-new my 5yr license 2 weeks ago.

Yes, get there early. I got there at 6.45am and was first in the queue. They will only accept 50 foreigners every day. By 7.30am they were almost at the limit.

There's a tent outside the building. That's where you have to wait. The chairs are marked (Foreigners/Thai).

The whole process was very efficient.

Good luck.

I obtained car and bike licence last week at Chatuchak. I used an agent, not that it's in anyway a difficult process but to obtain a day where the company had a slot. I still had to arrive at 7.30am and of course still had to provide all the docs. Residence certificate etc.

Good service from BSR (bike rentals)

For the 2 licences fee was 1900b.

Wasn't too crowded think could have been seen without use of agent just did not wish to stuff around. 

Hi all

Yeah got in line 7:30, by 8:15 the 50 people hd already been used up, so get there early.  All my documents in order, and they gave me a 2nd queue card - for one month from now when I will go in to take the photo and get license.  In hindsight I should've gone to a smaller DLT I guess with smaller lines but at least I know the whole process is over and I just have to wait for the product now.

• Confused 1