Anyone have a good reply to spam?

Seeall

I get 10 emails/day with I inherited misslions just  fill out all this info...  kept thinking one day I will reply...  actually I have a server the will send them endless emails all day from endless unplocable address...   then I thought, I bet sonmebody out there has

aready made up a good reply...   like how much u have for investment.. ah    3.5 inches......   feelin me?  lol   love u all..

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, timendres said:

thanks but I fail to see how to benefit from this.. if u send back to the spammer it will have no impact

what we need is the forms filled out.. looking real....

waste their time...

one retired lady in one of my old trading groups go fed up with nugerian scams so she replied seemingly real...   

but of the months she started to loose it ficionally

ahhh my dogs sik.. ate some garlic what do you think?   if you care your will coonsider my lovely dog blah blah bal

was quite amazing and funny and yes sad.....   but Poop upon u mr scammer....

8 hours ago, Seeall said:

I get 10 emails/day with I inherited misslions just  fill out all this info...  kept thinking one day I will reply...  actually I have a server the will send them endless emails all day from endless unplocable address...   then I thought, I bet sonmebody out there has

aready made up a good reply...   like how much u have for investment.. ah    3.5 inches......   feelin me?  lol   love u all..

Try SpamTitan not expensive and effective. Alternatively you could do as James Vietch does. Check him out on YouTube

21 hours ago, Seeall said:

The spams I get are sent from No-Reply addresses. You are fortunate.

5 minutes ago, elgenon said:

The spams I get are sent from No-Reply addresses. You are fortunate.

You could try contacting the company who the website - hence the email address - registered the domain name. They have a responsibility to look into these issues.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, elgenon said:
6 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

You could try contacting the company who the website - hence the email address - registered the domain name. They have a responsibility to look into these issues.

Don't think it is companies. Thanks

Is it a web-based email account - like gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc? They all have a policy to terminate spam.

If it's another domain name, then if it's an individual or a company, anyone who registers a domain name has their website/email service provided by a web-hosting company.

In this case it's the web-host you need to contact.

3 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Is it a web-based email account - like gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc? They all have a policy to terminate spam.

If it's another domain name, then if it's an individual or a company, anyone who registers a domain name has their website/email service provided by a web-hosting company.

In this case it's the web-host you need to contact.

I always report the spam. Just just keep on a'comin'.  Wack-a-mole style.

21 hours ago, Seeall said:

aready made up a good reply...

Spam mails are send from robots, so returning anything to the address makes no sense, as all incoming mails just end up in a black Cyber hole, and you need a lot more incoming traffic to disrupt the mail server, more like a real DDoS-attack.

Quite some years back I ended up with not 10, not even hundred, but several hundred incoming spam mails when I opened my business computer in the morning. By that time it was practice to advertise mail-addresses on home pages, and thereby easy for robots to crawl the web for email-addresses. The bad thing was, that business mails were hidden among the spam, so everything needed to be checked and sorted; really waste of precious time...☹️

Later, when mail-forms replaced email address-advertising, just a reply to some sort of business, or web-shop, could result in massive amount of spam; or even from someone that had hacked a customer database with emails, and selling the email database.

I changed to a system using multiple alias addresses instead, so when I for example signed up to something I could use their company name, or a short for it, @ MyMail.domain; i.e. my bank's email contact address is [email protected]. If I get anything unwanted, I know immediately from where it originates – could still be a hack, and later resale of email adresses – so I just need to change that single alias, i.e. delete and create another, and of course the mail address by the webshop, or whatever, in question...????

Today I never receive spam...????

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I've not looked at that for a year or so now. It's a forum that encourages their members to scam the scammers.

I do remember one of the 419 members convinced some scammers they would be sent money if they joined a 'cycle for jesus campaign' and provided a lot of photos of them cycling about with sign on the back of their bicycle saying they were cycling to promote a church project. It wasted their time quite well.

There were loads of scammers who fell for this and the photos of them on their bicycles with signs on the back was hilarious.

Another scam bait was the Toilet Bike. Promised cash to the scammers if they attached a toilet to the back of their bike:

22 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Shame you didnt have something to find the correct forum ????

MOVED to IT

Best response is "delete"!

Personally I BLOCK the sending address or domain, then delete the offending email.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, khunPer said:

I changed to a system using multiple alias addresses instead, so when I for example signed up to something I could use their company name, or a short for it, @ MyMail.domain; i.e. my bank's email contact address is [email protected]. If I get anything unwanted, I know immediately from where it originates – could still be a hack, and later resale of email adresses – so I just need to change that single alias, i.e. delete and create another, and of course the mail address by the webshop, or whatever, in question...????

????

I use a similar solution but without creating aliases prior to registering somewhere - I just collect all incoming emails to the single account, and if I receive any spam to some address I add this specific address to the blacklist.

For exim it is as simple as follows:

begin routers

# collect messages for every possible email address
    unknown_users:
        driver = redirect
        domains = mydomain.com
        data = [email protected]
        no_more

where "[email protected]" is the only existing mail account on the server.

Edited by fdsa
  • Like 1

I replied with an apology saying I didnt really have a bank a/c at that time because it was frozen by the police after I was scammed by a Nigerian girl supposedly needing money for a lawyer.   However I would get back to them as soon as it was sorted out coz I could surely do with that unexpected inheritance from a distant relative Id never heard of before..

I never heard another thing.