Returning to Thailand. Visa advice needed.

5 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Based on marriage/Thai family. The US don't offer the Non O single or ME based on retirement.

The UK no longer offers the Non O ME, only the Non O single entry for retirement or marriage/Thai family.

US and UK should be offering the same now as the US has moved on to the evisa system (e-application if not really an e-visa).  I'm not sure of all the changes but the US may well now offer Non O single entry based on retirement.

https://thaievisa.go.th/

Edited by treetops
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, treetops said:

US and UK should be offering the same now as the US has moved on to the evisa system (e-application if not really an e-visa).  I'm not sure of all the changes but the US may well now offer Non O single entry based on retirement.

Not according to the Embassy and Consulate websites as of yesterday.

The Non O single entry is only available for reasons of Thai wife/family or for Voluntary purposes

I'm not sure the e-visa system the US have gone onto, is the same as for the UK, France and China.

Maybe @ubonjoe knows. To be honest I haven't checked.

18 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Not according to the Embassy and Consulate websites as of yesterday.

It's only just gone live in the USA, maybe even only today.  One poster has already reported it must be used after he'd done all his prep on the old system.

22 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

I'm not sure the e-visa system the US have gone onto, is the same as for the UK, France and China.

I'm pretty sure it's the same system as I've used it before, and although it's had a revamp, the address and inputs are pretty much how I remember them.  Enter any country other than the ones you mention plus the USA and you'll be told to apply through the regular channels.

2 minutes ago, treetops said:

One poster has already reported it must be used after he'd done all his prep on the old system.

One poster stated he had obtained the Non O based on retirement, when in fact it's the Non O-A Visa he acquired for 200 USD. The Non O doesn't cost 200 USD.

5 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

One poster stated he had obtained the Non O based on retirement, when in fact it's the Non O-A Visa he acquired for 200 USD. The Non O doesn't cost 200 USD.

Must be a different guy.  The one I'm referring to hasn't obtained anything yet - still in the planning stages by the sound of it.

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is same same worthless site.

Not the same official Thai e-visa site though.

Official Website of Thailand Electronic Visa (thaievisa.go.th)

USA one: » Online Application for Thailand Visa (thaiembdc.org)

The USA one goes straight into the application form and is listing almost every available Visa, whereas the actually DC Embassy website only lists a proportion of those on the e-visa site.

Non O retirement available on the e-visa site, but not according to the US Embassy and Consulate sites.

Confusing already.

2 hours ago, treetops said:

Yes, it is the same e-Visa site for the US now.

The Non O is not available for the reason of retirement on the e-visa site, nor on the US Embassy/Consulate sites, whilst the Embassy in the UK will issue the Non O single entry for retirement purposes.

• Non-Immigrant Type (Retirement (pensioner aged 50 or above with a state pension who wants to stay in Thailand for no longer than 90 days) - single entry only)
  •  
  • Financial evidence e.g. A copy of pension statement if the applicant is a pensioner, or a copy of 1-month bank statement showing your income from pension, or 3-month bank statement of at least £10,000
  • Confirmation of legal residence in the UK or Ireland

Non-Immigrant visas - Royal Thai Embassy, London

Maybe the US Embassy/Consulates will update their websites to offer the same.

1 hour ago, treetops said:

Available as single entry only.

image.png.a3c0b00ef0b7e0e484d485dabaa886f1.png

Yes, there are two websites, the E-Visa application site and the Embassy website.

The E-Visa site offer the Non O single entry.

Find me on the US Thai Embassy/Consulate website where it states the Non O retirement.

It does on the UK Thai Embassy website.

12 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Wasn't there this morning I checked twice.

It has been there for some time. You just need to know where to look for it.

You start out on the main COE page (https://thaiembdc.org/visas/) and look for this. 

image.png.9c438743fb077cb164681ec554efd807.png

The link there takes you to this page.

https://thaiembdc.org/2020/09/30/nonimmigrantoaox/ and at the bottom there is a link for the non-o visa.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It has been there for some time. You just need to know where to look for it.

You start out on the main COE page (https://thaiembdc.org/visas/) and look for this. 

image.png.9c438743fb077cb164681ec554efd807.png

A link there takes you to this page.

https://thaiembdc.org/2020/09/30/nonimmigrantoaox/ and the bottom there is a link for the non-o visa.

Cheers Joe,

I didn't open that link as it stated long stay, which I associate with the Non O-A, not the 90 day Non O which I would refer to as the short stay type.  

12 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

That is good new for US retirees as previously only the Non O-A Visa was available based on retirement.

Did you notice that they 'smuggled in' the 400K/40K in/out-patient health-insurance requirement when applying for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement?

Hopefully this is only temporary and part of the CoE requirements during these covid-times.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

I didn't open that link as it stated long stay, which I associate with the Non O-A, not the 90 day Non O which I would refer to as the short stay type.  

I think they are including those with extensions of stay when they wrote long stay.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Did you notice that they 'smuggled in' the 400K/40K in/out-patient health-insurance requirement when applying for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement?

Hopefully this is only temporary and part of the CoE requirements during these covid-times.

It's been a long day Peter.

I think UJ puts a bit more than coffee in that cup to keep him going.

I couldn't even find the single entry Non O, as it's filed under (long stay) Visas.   :blink:

But to answer your question, no I didn't read it in it's entirety, but will later.   

17 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Ok, read it now.

It's a requirement at the moment anyway, but the Thai Embassy UK don't mention under the Non O section.

Just different Embassy and how they lay their websites out, same, same, but different.

7 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Ok, read it now.

It's a requirement at the moment anyway, but the Thai Embassy UK don't mention under the Non O section.

Just different Embassy and how they lay their websites out, same, same, but different.

Yes indeed, every Embassy does describe the requirements in 'their own way'.

But of course it would make sense if they kept the 'regular' requirements separate from the additional ones currently required for the CoE.  That way, when eventually things will have gone back to 'normal' (if ever ...), it would only be a matter of scrapping the CoE part.  By currently mixing the lot as the US Embassy is doing, the door is already slightly opened to keep that 400K/40K health-insurance requirement there, when the 'temporary' CoE requirements are loosened or stopped.

Maybe there is a method after all to their madness...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peter Denis said:

Yes indeed, every Embassy does describe the requirements in 'their own way'.

But of course it would make sense if they kept the 'regular' requirements separate from the additional ones currently required for the CoE.  That way, when eventually things will have gone back to 'normal' (if ever ...), it would only be a matter of scrapping the CoE part.  By currently mixing the lot as the US Embassy is doing, the door is already slightly opened to keep that 400K/40K health-insurance requirement there, when the 'temporary' CoE requirements are loosened or stopped.

Maybe there is a method after all to their madness...

Peter, you'd never make an Ambassador, you think logically.

• Haha 1