Regional Court of Appeal, costing B366mn, opens in Phuket

webfact

Regional Court of Appeal, costing B366mn, opens in Phuket

By The Phuket News

1613708511_1-org.jpg

The new Court of Appeal Region 8 building, standing opposite the site of the new Provincial Hall, officially opened yesterday (Feb 18). Photo: PR Phuket

PHUKET: The new Court of Appeal Region 8 building, costing B366.8 million, was officially opened at its site on Tha Kraeng Rd, on the south side of Phuket Town with a formal ceremony yesterday (Feb 18).

Phopphisit Sukkhapisit, President of the Court of Appeal Region 8, presided over the opening ceremony, joined by Phuket Governor Narong Woonchiew and a host of other provincial and Ministry of Justice officials.

The three-storey building, in Sino-Portuguese style, stands 83.9 metres long and 63.9m wide. The building covers 6,478 square metres, and provides a utility area of 22,401sqm.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/regional-court-of-appeal-costing-b366mn-opens-in-phuket-79075.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-02-19

5 hours ago, PatOngo said:

I wonder what the actual building costs were? ????

I've noticed travelling around the country that one comes across these edifices in the middle of nowhere.  One at the main junction in Phang Na comes to mind as does one on the main highway past Prachup Khiri Khan and another near Chiang Khan up north. Massive buildings with hardly anyone in them- the judiciary does seem to feather its own nest (remember the housing fiasco in CM as well?

9 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

I've noticed travelling around the country that one comes across these edifices in the middle of nowhere.  One at the main junction in Phang Na comes to mind as does one on the main highway past Prachup Khiri Khan and another near Chiang Khan up north. Massive buildings with hardly anyone in them- the judiciary does seem to feather its own nest (remember the housing fiasco in CM as well?

I was thinking the same thing.  There's also newly constructed, huge one outside of Chiang Kham in Phayao province. Very majestic looking set at the top of a hill serving a relatively sparsely populated area.