Have You Seen The Ping River Lately?

richard10365

I was out bike riding by the Riverside Restaurant. I stoped for a bit and noticed the river is up. I was there a week ago and from what I saw today, it looked to be up more than a foot. I think Chiang Mai is in for some big floods this year.

I think the tropical storm has now been upgraded......

Probably means more rain on the way...... Time to dust off the link to the Flood Control for the year...

But not to worry yet as the river is only up about a foot of so at this time;;;;

Photo was taken about 15 mins ago.... on the East Bank of the River , looking North,,,,,

So not to worry yet,,,,, will try and get another same position shot tomorrow AM for all to see...

Gonzo

post-22124-1179143315_thumb.jpg

Get out your hip-waders!

At Ang Kaew reservoir (CMU) it went from about a meter under the spillway, a few weeks ago, to a roaring raging spillover.

An amazing transition in such a brief period of time.

Glad to be living on relatively high ground.... :o

I think the tropical storm has now been upgraded......

Probably means more rain on the way...... Time to dust off the link to the Flood Control for the year...

But not to worry yet as the river is only up about a foot of so at this time;;;;

Photo was taken about 15 mins ago.... on the East Bank of the River , looking North,,,,,

So not to worry yet,,,,, will try and get another same position shot tomorrow AM for all to see...

Gonzo

post-22124-1179143315_thumb.jpg

That's great, but the bank heights do vary at different locations.

from opposite the Dukes (Burp)..it was almost over the edge..