E-Type visas available now online for travellers to Cambodia

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has announced that the E-Type Visa, aimed at short term travellers to Cambodia, is now available online. The online service had been previously suspended, in the wake of restrictions imposed by the Cambodian Government due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Travellers had been required to apply directly for  visas at Cambodian Embassies or Consulates worldwide.

The E-Type Visa is single entry only and valid for 30 days stay in Cambodia. Once issued it has a 3 month validity. However, travellers to Cambodia will still be required to supply valid health insurance as well as supporting documents such as a sponsorship letter from a Cambodian business or a certificate of employment.

In addition,  the normal 14 day quarantine after entry to Cambodia will be in place. The new E-Type Visa can be applied for at https://www.evisa.gov.kh/home

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50816296/e-type-visas-available-now-online-for-travellers-to-cambodia/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, scoupeo said:

and what about quarantine ? how much does it cost ?

Reference -  Cambodian Ministry Of Health requirements for latest E-Visa:-

Regular foreign travellers shall upon arrival:

• Undergo quarantine (in a designated facility) for 14 days;
  • Deposit USD2,000 (for use in setting off against test fees, transportation, and any other expenses. Remaining amounts will be refunded to the traveller); and
  • Purchase a health insurance package for COVID-19 treatment through FORTE Insurance Company’s webpage https://www.forteinsurance.com/covid-19-insurance/ which costs USD90 and is valid for 20 days.

Expenses: Quarantine accommodation costs USD60 – USD75 per night. Other expenses will be subject to MOH Announcement No. 564 dated 11 June 2020 on Pricing Policy for Foreign Travelers Entering Cambodia Receiving COVID-19 Test, Quarantine, and Treatment Services at Public Hospitals

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Alas, I hate to do this because the news of the online E Type visa excited me. As noted on the Cambodia Expats Online (CEO) forum by several who dived deep into the application, including their resident visa expert, there is only ONE nationality on the dropdown menu,  Taiwan.

I know, it makes no sense to offer the visa to only one country after Cambodia made such a bold announcement about the online sale of the E Type visa. The Khmer Times did not do its due diligence. 

I hope this was a mistake by the Cambodian government but it's not looking good. The theory is that it's a way for Cambodia to get around Big Brother's insistence it owns Taiwan and is therefore not to be offered visas. But the Taiwanese are big investors in Cambodia.  

I am hoping there will be some more positive news. 

If you're looking for the thread on CEO, it's easy to spot: NEWS: E-type (Ordinary) Visa available online

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp
More details