Is It Still Worth Moving To Thailand?

chang

jerks like me ..

In this score we agree Edonista. More than that, you are perhaps the lowest wan_k_r I have ever read in this forum.

Bragging about his wealth, complaining about his visa allowances with no arguments, uncapable to get a woman in his own country, taking sexual advantage of poor and needy ladies in this country......in sum a self confessed sample of the worse scam bag and sex tourists that Europe releases.........

Over and out for me..I have a better fish to fry.

qwertz, I would suggest you to open a new topic about visa for over 50's...cheers.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Retirement visa for over 50s - easy?

Where's the hook?

I'll get standard UK pension plus a small supplement from Germany when I retire.

Hardly a fortune.

I have it in mind to work on a little, part time as I can do my work online.

There must be stumbling blocks somewhere if chose to do this in LOS.

It can't be that easy, folks.

What's the catch? Umpteen 100k B in the (Thai) bank that you can't touch?

So many guys on this board bashing the visa system, doesn't sound like settling there as a pensioner is a viable option unless you snag a Thai wife, good or bad.

Not bashing here, it's an interesting thread but I lost sight of the bottom line about 50 posts ago.

Help me please to see the light here, I'm due to retire soon and considering options right now.

P.S. I don't give a toss about edonista and co. and their carnal pursuits, there's more than enough of that for me over there.

says WHO? of course you can touch it as it's not frozen. you just have to make sure to top it up before your annual renewal is due. new regulations are "three months before renewal".

.......... taking sexual advantage of poor and needy ladies in this country......

I thought it was the other way round............... :o

You thought that Thai ladies travelled 1000's of Kms to Western countries to sexually exploit poor Farangs, then go on the internet bragging about how easy it is to take advantage of financially vulnerable people ?

It's a Farang thing.

Edited by Maigo6

.......... taking sexual advantage of poor and needy ladies in this country......

You thought that Thai ladies travelled 1000's of Kms to Western countries to financially exploit partnerless Farangs, then go on the internet bragging about how easy it is to take advantage of lonely people ?

Thai ladies travel to Bangkok and share tips and brag to all of their friends that are doing the exact same thing .

Italy is quite expensive and sex services rather unavailable.Who cares of the view if you have to give yourself hand jobs ? Much better sitting in my Pattaya condo receiving visits of needy Thai girls.

Given all the arguments provided in this discussion, I am of the opinion now that thai visa laws should get tougher to avoid jerks like this guy coming so easily to this country.

JR Texas: I am amazed at how many people swallow the politically-correct myth that tightening the visa rules will somehow improve the "quality" of farangs in Thailand.

This myth is related to another one that is pervasive worldwide: rich people are good and poor people are bad.

I have been on both sides of the money fence.........having money is better than not having it........but I was the same person when rich and the same person when poor.

If you want to improve the quality of people try working on ethics, morality, education, etc.....maybe even restore family and community again. Or, perhaps, elect a good and decent human being to guide the masses......something that hasn't happened since 1963.

Retirement visa for over 50s - easy?

Where's the hook?

I'll get standard UK pension plus a small supplement from Germany when I retire.

Hardly a fortune.

I have it in mind to work on a little, part time as I can do my work online.

There must be stumbling blocks somewhere if chose to do this in LOS.

It can't be that easy, folks.

What's the catch? Umpteen 100k B in the (Thai) bank that you can't touch?

So many guys on this board bashing the visa system, doesn't sound like settling there as a pensioner is a viable option unless you snag a Thai wife, good or bad.

Not bashing here, it's an interesting thread but I lost sight of the bottom line about 50 posts ago.

Help me please to see the light here, I'm due to retire soon and considering options right now.

P.S. I don't give a toss about edonista and co. and their carnal pursuits, there's more than enough of that for me over there.

Hi quertz.

It is possible for a single person relying on a UK pension to get a retirement visa, as the rules stand at the moment. To qualify you can use a combination of income (in the case of a UK pensioner that would be around the B30,000 mark per month), plus a bank balance amount to bring you up to B65,000 a month. So we are talking in a case like yours of B30,000 ish a month and B420,000 in the Bank. Thats based on exchange rates of 65 baht/pound. The real expert on Visa requirements is "lopburi3" he's very clued-up visa wise, and is much more qualified to answer visa questions but he seems to steer clear of these "handbag swinging" threads.

Indeed it is. For example the girl of yesterday is still sleeping (she probably is in yaba down phase) apart a brief wake up to assault my fridge. And when she will have rested enough, you can be sure she will ask for money for ID card and so on.....you call me sex tourist , I call myself social assistant :D

Or, perhaps, elect a good and decent human being to guide the masses......something that hasn't happened since 1963.

You're talking about Thailand or the USA? I'm a bit confused. :D:o

JR Texas to ThaiGoon: That was a reference to JFK (a former American president for those that do not know who I am talking about). I believe he was the last great political leader on the planet..........

Thailand, as you know, needs a radically different type of leadership.........and that leadership must come from a leader that instill positive goals in the minds of the populace.....the type of goals that inspire people to take action.....the type of goals that if met will create economic conditions that benefit the majority and not just the 1% minority......the type of goals that if reached will lead to 21st century sustainability (economic, environmental, population)......the type of goals that if attained will make future generations look back and say "thank you."

Is it possible? :D Of course it is! :D It is also possible that monkeys will start flying out of my ass. :D

jerks like me ..

In this score we agree Edonista. More than that, you are perhaps the lowest wan_k_r I have ever read in this forum.

Bragging about his wealth,

Never bragged. Just answered to people falsely stating that rich people have no problems in getting a visa, had to clear out such disinformation by informing that I am rich yet I cannot get any visa apart the tourist one

complaining about his visa allowances with no arguments,

I am not complaining, I just point out a visa absurdity: what has Thailand to gain in making me move to Philippines or another place ? Thailand would just lose my spending money and probably also the invested one.And ,pardon me, but I have given plentyful arguments (the same thing cannot be said about you)

uncapable to get a woman in his own country,

It is all a matter of price. Italian ladies want me handsome (that would mean losing 15Kg , and I never liked starving), want me high status (that would mean squandering my money in silly status symbol like expensive car, dresses,restaurants and big house), want me hard worker to get all the money for the above (I prefer to be a lazy boy making my money work for me instead), all that for what ? for a woman that will hardly give me a blow job ?

The first right of a consumer is to refuse to purchase bad service for a high price and seek better suppliers. I just did that and moved to Thailand.

taking sexual advantage of poor and needy ladies in this country......in sum a self confessed sample of the worse scam bag and sex tourists that Europe releases.........

just answered about this in my previous post

Over and out for me..I have a better fish to fry.

qwertz, I would suggest you to open a new topic about visa for over 50's...cheers.

yes for sure you have better thread to get fried :o

I have been reading through lots of post regarding "new" visa regulations, and marraige requirements - abiltiy to prove income etc.

I really love Thailand but it looks like there are so many hoops to jump through now I was wondering if people thought it was still worth the hassle.

A friend of mine had a shop then a bar and is now seriously thinking of leaving Thailand.

So should I give up on Thailand and try moving to a more ferrang friendly country. Maybe Laos or Vietnam??

Chang.

PS

If you going to flame dont even bother posting.

Welcome! Come and see for yourself how it is to live here. I have been here a very long time and things are really good. You will have a good time. No problems when your papers are in order. :o

:D

JRTexas- You think JFK was a great leader--that's hilarious, really. The myth of the great leaders of the past. That's why you think things are so bad today--they are relative to the mythic Camelot that never was.

Agreed that tightening visa restrictions is an imperfect fit since there are certainly good and poor farangs in Thailand. But in my opinion a disproportionate number of the undesirables (read Edonistas posts to see what I mean by 'undsirables') will get swept out with the tightening. And that's a good thing.

Agreed that tightening visa restrictions is an imperfect fit since there are certainly good and poor farangs in Thailand. But in my opinion a disproportionate number of the undesirables (read Edonistas posts to see what I mean by 'undsirables') will get swept out with the tightening. And that's a good thing.

So true. :o (Especially if it at least can keep the likes of JRTexas and Edonista out of my country.) :D

Or, perhaps, elect a good and decent human being to guide the masses......something that hasn't happened since 1963.

JR Texas to ThaiGoon: That was a reference to JFK (a former American president for those that do not know who I am talking about). I believe he was the last great political leader on the planet..........

he was truly great... a cold warrior par excellence during his whole political career... exactly what Thailand needs nowadays... perhaps replacing the thai advisers in Viet Nam with thai soldiers and inventing a new domino theory?

and where do we find the asian equivalent of Marilyn Monroe?

he was truly great... a cold warrior par excellence during his whole political career... exactly what Thailand needs nowadays... perhaps replacing the thai advisers in Viet Nam with thai soldiers and inventing a new domino theory?

and where do we find the asian equivalent of Marilyn Monroe?

Actually Thailand has plenty of Marilyn Monroe equivalents...and some are actually women too!!!!

JRTexas- You think JFK was a great leader--that's hilarious, really. The myth of the great leaders of the past. That's why you think things are so bad today--they are relative to the mythic Camelot that never was.

JR Texas to Dumspero: There have been great leaders in the past that transcended individual selfishness and acted in the interests of the majority. Here is a short list: JFK, RFK, MLK, Gandhi.

Many people would argue that the people I just mentioned were great leaders...........yes, myths have surrounded them and their accomplishments........but some myths are close to the truth. One only has to examine what the above-mentioned leaders accomplished to see how close myth and reality approximate each other.

The now prevalent myth that The Bad Bush is a patriot and that he trying to rid the world of terrorism is so far from the truth that even a dumb rock could spot it for what it is: A Big Lie.

You used the word "undesirable." I can think of many rich and powerful people that fall under the xenophobic/racists/Puritanic social category of "undesirable."

Personally, I find selfish, ignorant, bigoted, short-sighted, hurtful evil <deleted> as undesirable....no race or gender has a monopoly on such people.........and financially, some are poor, some are rich, and some are in between. :o

how did you guys get from is it worth living in thailand to JFK??

To get back on the subject.

Thailand is a great place to live if you can. get a proper visa and come over and enjoy.

I hope so....the further I am from Mr. bush the safer I feel :o

57 years as U.S. citizen

So true. :D (Especially if it at least can keep the likes of JRTexas and Edonista out of my country.) :D

In Pattaya alone there are at least 5,000 girls that live on what "undesirables" like me give them. I wonder what gives you the right to appoint someone as "undesirable", and please explain me how 5,000 girls (and relatives upcountry)starving without our money could ever be "a good thing" :o