Usa Visa For My Thai Girlfriend

Sawadee Kap to all.....

Anyone have luck or suggestions on getting my Thai girlfriend a visa to come here to Los Angeles to see the area.....and experience my life over here?

Any agencies anyone has used sucessfully in attaining a visa before from Thailand or US?

We love each other a lot but are not yet ready to get married just because of morals. Trying to spend as much time in love together to make sure it is for real and will last forever.

Have a great day and thanks to anyone for any assistance. I will be in BKK next week and if anyone has a good law office I should maybe go to I would appreciate it a lot. Many of them out there!!!

Jason

Chances of getting a tourist visa to the USA to visit you are slim to none unless she owns land, has money and a good job to return to. Your best bet is to get her a K-1 visa it's good for 90 days and you can get extensions you don't have to get married but she has to return to Thailand when it expires.

Chances of getting a tourist visa to the USA to visit you are slim to none unless she owns land, has money and a good job to return to. Your best bet is to get her a K-1 visa it's good for 90 days and you can get extensions you don't have to get married but she has to return to Thailand when it expires.

I didn't think you could file an extension on a K1

Your g/f has a few options available for her to come to the US, however since you seem not ready to commit (to marriage), that leaves out 2 of them (e.g. enter as a fiance or enter as a spouse). That leaves a "tourist" visa.

To get a tourist visa, your g/f will have to prove beyond a doubt that she will return to Thailand after her stay in the US is concluded. If your g/f has plenty of assets, property, a good job and can present solid evidence that she will return to Thailand then it is a mere matter for her to apply for the visa. If any of the above cannot be satisfied, then forget it because the US would consider her a high-risk candidate that would probably overstay her visa.

Most folks that are in the same position as you simply opt for the fiance visa. This takes about 6 months to obtain. Once your g/f has this visa, she can come to the US. She must marry you within 90 days (3 months) or return to Thailand. An overstay without marriage would be a violation of the law. Many folks do this too.

Even with assets, property, a good job and solid evidence that she will return to Thailand, if visiting a BF living in the US is given as the reason for visit, it will likely be seen as an attempt to short circuit the immigration visa route.

No agent or lawyer is going to help, and you don't need them as the application process is easy. Don't waste your money.

TH

• 3 weeks later...
Even with assets, property, a good job and solid evidence that she will return to Thailand, if visiting a BF living in the US is given as the reason for visit, it will likely be seen as an attempt to short circuit the immigration visa route.

No agent or lawyer is going to help, and you don't need them as the application process is easy. Don't waste your money.

TH

Darn... Guess I shouldn't even bother then, huh?