Are you happy with your Childs education?

MickeyMaow

6 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

Any clue how many women are raped in Thailand everyday? Sold into prostitution by their parents?

Of course you don't because Thailand never reports the truth about anything. You have no idea.

Thai girls shipped off all over the world with false promises of jobs to be forced into prostitution?

A naïve girl like a 20 year old Thai marrying a 70 year old foreigner?

Open your eyes man.

I love the USA, probably one of the best counties in the world.  My opinion is it's thee best. But the level of happiness in a person's life is better here in Thailand IMO. It makes me dizzy to think about paying 500K USD for a house in the US. I know in Florida you can pay less but wait property taxes are double from CA. Then you have the education system which is getting more "Woke" everyday. It's hard to believe the insane, crazies in charge of the schools.

Here in Thailand if money is available for the best Uni's in Bangkok, if the kid has an excellent English speaking and writing capability I believe they can have a comfortable life here. Starting a business in TL is much easier and less complicated. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

Any clue how many women are raped in Thailand everyday? Sold into prostitution by their parents?

Of course you don't because Thailand never reports the truth about anything. You have no idea.

Thai girls shipped off all over the world with false promises of jobs to be forced into prostitution?

A naïve girl like a 20 year old Thai marrying a 70 year old foreigner?

Open your eyes man.

Umm. Yes I actually probably have a better handle on it than you. I know or have met one of the front runner well to do Thai man who heads his organization who investigates and even follows these criminal from Northern Thailand to where the girls are being sent to. They go to the mountains and other rural out there areas to try and educated the folk to stop the selling off or thwart the kidnapping of girls, and try to educate the folk that the work offers are not above the table but are lies. Not as easy as said as money is king for uneducated poor people. They also work with human rights here and I met him one day through a mutual Thai friend we both know who happens to be very well widely renown legal person in this subject here. As for my daughter and my son, I have kept them very safe and aware for here living in Thailand, so they have never ever been in any danger. They were not even allowed to walk to the store alone when young because of they are 1/2 and 1/2 and if I might say, very beautiful looking kids. Now one is mid going later 20's and the other 2 in university so they have more freedom, but we still want to know where they are and where they are going to and when coming back home. Doesn't matter if boy or girl. This sort of industry prays on both. Do you remember when Bangkok had all those people on the streets begging? All sorts of type and young kids? That is another grey area.

BTW. Ever heard about the black van that cruises around neighborhoods in rural areas and in the mountains and such? No, I guess you wouldn't know that would you!

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Umm. Yes I actually probably have a better handle on it than you. I know or have met one of the front runner well to do Thai man who heads his organization who investigates and even follows these criminal from Northern Thailand to where the girls are being sent to. They go to the mountains and other rural out there areas to try and educated the folk to stop the selling off or thwart the kidnapping of girls, and try to educate the folk that the work offers are not above the table but are lies. Not as easy as said as money is king for uneducated poor people. They also work with human rights here and I met him one day through a mutual Thai friend we both know who happens to be very well widely renown legal person in this subject here. As for my daughter and my son, I have kept them very safe and aware for here living in Thailand, so they have never ever been in any danger. They were not even allowed to walk to the store alone when young because of they are 1/2 and 1/2 and if I might say, very beautiful looking kids. Now one is mid going later 20's and the other 2 in university so they have more freedom, but we still want to know where they are and where they are going to and when coming back home. Doesn't matter if boy or girl. This sort of industry prays on both. Do you remember when Bangkok had all those people on the streets begging? All sorts of type and young kids? That is another grey area.

BTW. Ever heard about the black van that cruises around neighborhoods in rural areas and in the mountains and such? No, I guess you wouldn't know that would you!

You never mentioned your comment how this, which you describe as unsafe, is actually safer than anywhere else in the USA.

Where I live is safe. Chicago not safe.

Characterizing one entire country as being safe over another is foolish.

All countries have their evils, ALL!

9 hours ago, Puwa said:

Son did 7 years at CMIS, 2 years homeschool, then 3 years of high school back in the States, and now just completed second year at a good American uni, majoring in chemistry. He's luuk-krueng. His mom is a very special person, an educator herself, dual nationality, bi-lingual. For years she worked at teaching him good study habits, instructions that he barely tolerated until his second year in school in America, and then it all magically kicked in. 

Chiang Mai can be a good place to raise and educate young kids. It's my opinion (and my own experience) that children grow up too fast in America, under immense pressure from a young age to perform, compete, imbibe materialism, and mimic adults rather than grow up naturally. I think our son benefited from ample time to be a kid. He put away his Legos when he was about 12. Nevertheless, at 16 he handled the transition to US public school quite well (but we should have gone 1-2 years earlier, frankly). In any case, the main thing is that he prefers the States and is happy building his American life. He'll turn 20 soon. 

CMIS had a wonderful student community and many Thai, mixed, and farang families who weren't there to show off. The result was a  balance of positive Thai cultural values and western education. No school is perfect, but at CMIS we never felt that the school was only interested in money or was endlessly pandering to its hi-so families. We're not Christian, and the Christian roots of CMIS were not a problem for us. It was actually a great opportunity to begin talking about belief, respect, evidence, and scientific thinking from a very early age.

We paid roughly 110K per semester, or $7k per year, about $50k over 7 years. This still surprises me, because I am by no means wealthy, but somehow we pulled it off.  Nevertheless, the move to America was necessary for college prep (also a ridiculously overdone and for some expensive experience). The move wasn't cheap, believe me, but I was only 47 so it was a pay-as-I-earn type situation. Then when he started uni, it was back to Thailand to cut costs and start shovelling $25K per year into tuition. Another pay-as-we-go situation. I never saved up for college costs; i just planned out our life so that when the time came I would have very few other fixed expenses. Not cheap, but education is an investment with a long return. Halfway there, wish us luck. 

The advice I would offer is not to close the door on education "back home." It may not be for everyone, but the benefits are real. Don't burn bridges with work, friends, or family.

Good luck to the OP and to all wrestling with education choices in CM.

Nice post, glad to hear everything worked out well. Some nice observations.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

You never mentioned your comment how this, which you describe as unsafe, is actually safer than anywhere else in the USA.

Where I live is safe. Chicago not safe.

Characterizing one entire country as being safe over another is foolish.

All countries have their evils, ALL!

Oh please spare me your foolish insult. All depends on how naïve and street wise you are, and yes there are dangers everywhere. I listed some of the dangers here through real hands on knowledge through real professional Thai people.  

If you have been in Thailand long enough and are outgoing then you have probably needed to use your own common sense and street wise sense skills, that is if you have any or are actually out going!

This conversation all spouts from education here and it I am satisfied with it for my kids, and so I compared it to not letting my daughter go over to the USA alone to school because it is way dangerous when you are naïve and innocent as she is, but did state the schools in the USA (especially from where I am from upscale suburbs of the Bay Area) are superior in education.. She wanted to go to the USA for University, but honestly the pandemic shot that down. Do you even have kids? Do you even live in Thailand? And if so how long?

Here is way more safe than the USA hands down, but there are real dangers for sure as you had mentioned, but I think you said it to me in a condescending way, so I told you my experience of why and how I really know which backed up your statement. You probably were just regurgitating from reading or a story someone told you, but yes you are correct, but I actually know from real people who are in the real trenches of that war.  

Unless you are out in Kansas in the desolate region of nowhere fenced off in no mans land where the only thing could hurt you is boredom, most all places in the USA with Americans and their messed up ways of thinking is dangerous (Oh you from California - Heard that too much back in the day).. I have been all over the USA and had too many situations, everywhere in Thailand and have had many situations, and a good portion of the world and have been suckered probably in 1/2 of all the places I have been world wide and with dangerous situations as well. Yes I have a tendency to get into things..

Just leave it alone, as in any given city in the USA or in any country if you walk on any wrong street or to any wrong corner being the wrong place or area or just even in in a good place at the wrong time it can be dangerous. My perception in this case is my kids being too trusting and honest to be unsupervised in the USA opens them up to people seeing that, just like when you travel and when we look naïve and become open targets as a stupid tourist not looking smart. Americans are bullies.

I am well travelled and well versed in Thailand as over 30 years and counting now, as well as so many countries and still may have some problems.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Oh please spare me your foolish insult. All depends on how naïve and street wise you are, and yes there are dangers everywhere. I listed some of the dangers here through real hands on knowledge through real professional Thai people.  

If you have been in Thailand long enough and are outgoing then you have probably needed to use your own common sense and street wise sense skills, that is if you have any or are actually out going!

This conversation all spouts from education here and it I am satisfied with it for my kids, and so I compared it to not letting my daughter go over to the USA alone to school because it is way dangerous when you are naïve and innocent as she is, but did state the schools in the USA (especially from where I am from upscale suburbs of the Bay Area) are superior in education.. She wanted to go to the USA for University, but honestly the pandemic shot that down. Do you even have kids? Do you even live in Thailand? And if so how long?

Here is way more safe than the USA hands down, but there are real dangers for sure as you had mentioned, but I think you said it to me in a condescending way, so I told you my experience of why and how I really know which backed up your statement. You probably were just regurgitating from reading or a story someone told you, but yes you are correct, but I actually know from real people who are in the real trenches of that war.  

Unless you are out in Kansas in the desolate region of nowhere fenced off in no mans land where the only thing could hurt you is boredom, most all places in the USA with Americans and their messed up ways of thinking is dangerous (Oh you from California - Heard that too much back in the day).. I have been all over the USA and had too many situations, everywhere in Thailand and have had many situations, and a good portion of the world and have been suckered probably in 1/2 of all the places I have been world wide and with dangerous situations as well. Yes I have a tendency to get into things..

Just leave it alone, as in any given city in the USA or in any country if you walk on any wrong street or to any wrong corner being the wrong place or area or just even in in a good place at the wrong time it can be dangerous. My perception in this case is my kids being too trusting and honest to be unsupervised in the USA opens them up to people seeing that, just like when you travel and when we look naïve and become open targets as a stupid tourist not looking smart. Americans are bullies.

I am well travelled and well versed in Thailand as over 30 years and counting now, as well as so many countries and still may have some problems.

Americans are bullies.  ????????

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

Americans are bullies.  ????????

I am qualified to say that as being American and going through school there. You gotta be tough to get through school. And I am referring to kids in schools. 

Edited by holy cow cm
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

I am qualified to say that as being American and going through school there. You gotta be tough to get through school. 

Depends on where you go. I wouldn't send my kid to public school from where I'm from in Ca. I didn't do it 30 yrs ago and I certainly wouldn't do it now.

9 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Depends on where you go. I wouldn't send my kid to public school from where I'm from in Ca. I didn't do it 30 yrs ago and I certainly wouldn't do it now.

Precisely. Some schools and places are worse than others. But it is in every school to a point. And my home place was middle upscale but still had a wrong part of the tracks as well.

Sorry you are not wise at all.

You have been all over every where and lived in the third world for 30 years, where nothing operates normally and you are brainwashed with what ever it is the govt wants you to know only. Like no Covid. Now surprise!

How many tens' of millions of daughters in US schools, yet your daughter would be the only one unsafe?

Come on man, make some sense.

Like Thai people who sell their daughters into prostitution are trustworthy?

Like Thai people don't have a messed up sense of thinking? Come on man, do you read the news?

Thai people don't sucker and scam foreigners? Come on man. Double pricing? Scams? What Thailand do you think you are living in?

Fear a government that has all the guns.

American's are no more bullies than 10 Thai's jumping in and nearly stomping an elderly couple and their son to death in Hua Hin.

We can protect ourselves here just fine. We can get a concealed carry permit here and I can assure you, no one is going to start any S****

Every single one of your points about the USA is the same in Thailand and any other country in the world.

Except you are somehow delusional in thinking Thailand has none of these problems.

You ignore the safety of millions for 1? Makes zero sense.

• Thanks 1

You have been all over every where and lived in the third world for 30 years, where nothing operates normally and you are brainwashed with what ever it is the govt wants you to know only. Like no Covid. Now surprise!

How many tens' of millions of daughters in US schools, yet your daughter would be the only one unsafe?

Like Thai people don't have a messed up sense of thinking? Come on man, do you read the news?

Thai people don't sucker and scam foreigners? Come on man. Double pricing? Scams? What Thailand do you think you are living in?

American's are no more bullies than 10 Thai's jumping in and nearly stomping an elderly couple and their son to death in Hua Hin.

We can protect ourselves here just fine. We can get a concealed carry permit here and I can assure you, no one is going to start any S****

Every single one of your points about the USA is the same in Thailand and any other country in the world.

Except you are somehow delusional in thinking Thailand has none of these problems.

• Confused 1

On 5/19/2021 at 8:22 PM, stament said:

Mass shootings at schools is one for sure.

Do you have a clue there are millions and millions of schools in the USA?

How many mass school shootings the past 20+ years? <20?

You have better odds of winning the lottery and getting struck by lightning on the same day.

Do yourself a favor and read exactly how many school teachers and students have been killed in Thailand. 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/cnainsider/shopping-haven-mbk-bangkok-thailand-deadliest-school-rivalries-11547204

Everyday occurrence in Thailand

Do you have a clue there are millions and millions of schools in the USA?

How many mass school shootings the past 20+ years? <20?

You have better odds of winning the lottery and getting struck by lightning on the same day.

Do yourself a favor and read exactly how many school teachers and students have been killed in Thailand. 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/cnainsider/shopping-haven-mbk-bangkok-thailand-deadliest-school-rivalries-11547204

Everyday occurrence in Thailand

For me, 1 school killing is too much and it's not just the in schools. They might be small odds but however small and unlikely, still possible.  I am risk averse and hence would worry. Of course, what worries me, doesn't necessarily worry others, and we are all entitled to make our choices. For me, I'd be worried....

1 minute ago, stament said:

For me, 1 school killing is too much and it's not just the in schools. They might be small odds but however small and unlikely, still possible.  I am risk averse and hence would worry. Of course, what worries me, doesn't necessarily worry others, and we are all entitled to make our choices. For me, I'd be worried....

Thankfully we don't live in Bangkok ????

Seems you are a bit too trigger happy as you fired multiple similar shots off there.....

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

You are a real piece of work. Ofcourse you do not understand, and how could I expect someone of your ah- hem, caliber to be able to. How many kids have you raised? I have raised 3 great kids here and have been there step by step all the way with them. And yes they are 1/2 and 1/2 which makes life even more difficult if you know anything, but for here it was a virtually safe and easy walk in the park compared to the USA. for the USA. me and my other 2 brothers went to a few different schools from grade school to high school, and I can say we all were in a lot of down and dirty fist fights which comes exactly to my point of the USA. This for some of them was an act of bullying from kids. Although I didn't mind as never really got the bad end of the stick except for suspension from school. 

FYI. One of my kids just got laid off from Thai airways and just started her own business, my next one is in second year at CM University ( He tested in and passed on his own accord- not bought in by daddy), and my last is entering CM University this year and was one of 80 out of 850 to get into her choice of study.  

Have your even been to the USA. How long have you even lived in Thailand or if not, time spent visited here? I really don't think you know anything of what you spout out and this is a dangerous thing. So at this time of too many off kilter posts by you, I suggest you educate yourself before you post as illiteracy and lack of reading comprehension skills is not an excuse to go on a I know it all rant and listen to me as I know all. You sound like a teenager kid trying to impress adults that you know something, and it is plainly just so off target and reality on most levels.

Thailand schools aren't perfect, but they are better for many reasons.

BTW. For you point on CV-19, what the heck are you talking about? And for the Government brainwashing me, what the heck are you going on about? Those are 100% false if you have read any of my posts. 

I would suggest you stop replying to my posts because it looks like we will always be at odds to disagree. Have a good day!

OH, BTW, my mum/mom was actually Australian and yes I have been to Australia a few times.

Edited by holy cow cm
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Would point out only 15% of the world is western people (and that includes Hispanics).

The 3rd world is normal, western people aren't normal.

My western children in the UK were bullied more than my Thai children in Thailand.

When I was at school in the UK, if you weren't in the skinhead gang, you would be bullied and beaten fairly regularly. I used to work in council estate schools in the UK, what went on was far worse than anything I've seen in a Thai school.

I'm happy enough with my kids education in Thai government school, and they're happy enough as well. Sure it's different in schools here, but it's not worse.

A+ on that. 

• Like 1

Just now, holy cow cm said:

OH, BTW, my mum/mom was actually Australian and yes I have been to Australia a few times.

Australia, worst education system in the western world.

You wouldn't believe how many Aussies I know that left school not being able to read and write.

You can see from many posting on this forum they don't even know lose and loose are different words.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Australia, worst education system in the western world.

You wouldn't believe how many Aussies I know that left school not being able to read and write.

You can see from many posting on this forum they don't even know lose and loose are different words.

On that I will write no comment. But what I can say is my mom was one not in that category as was definitely educated. I may make fast hasty writing mistakes, but I do know the difference between there and their, and do look at both sides of the fence to understand factual and lies and what it could possibly be as is unproven.

BTW. What I am proud of here is none of my kids have ever been in a fight or even any big tussle or scuffle. I find this just amazing. If in the USA this 1000% would not be the case.

• Like 1

Just now, holy cow cm said:

BTW. What I am proud of here is none of my kids have ever been in a fight or even any big tussle or scuffle. I find this just amazing. If in the USA this 1000% would not be the case.

Agree!

Fights at school in the UK endemic as well.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

You are a real piece of work. Ofcourse you do not understand, and how could I expect someone of your ah- hem, caliber to be able to. How many kids have you raised? I have raised 3 great kids here and have been there step by step all the way with them. And yes they are 1/2 and 1/2 which makes life even more difficult if you know anything, but for here it was a virtually safe and easy walk in the park compared to the USA. for the USA. me and my other 2 brothers went to a few different schools from grade school to high school, and I can say we all were in a lot of down and dirty fist fights which comes exactly to my point of the USA. This for some of them was an act of bullying from kids. Although I didn't mind as never really got the bad end of the stick except for suspension from school. 

FYI. One of my kids just got laid off from Thai airways and just started her own business, my next one is in second year at CM University ( He tested in and passed on his own accord- not bought in by daddy), and my last is entering CM University this year and was one of 80 out of 850 to get into her choice of study.  

Have your even been to the USA. How long have you even lived in Thailand or if not, time spent visited here? I really don't think you know anything of what you spout out and this is a dangerous thing. So at this time of too many off kilter posts by you, I suggest you educate yourself before you post as illiteracy and lack of reading comprehension skills is not an excuse to go on a I know it all rant and listen to me as I know all. You sound like a teenager kid trying to impress adults that you know something, and it is plainly just so off target and reality on most levels.

Thailand schools aren't perfect, but they are better for many reasons.

BTW. For you point on CV-19, what the heck are you talking about? And for the Government brainwashing me, what the heck are you going on about? Those are 100% false if you have read any of my posts. 

I would suggest you stop replying to my posts because it looks like we will always be at odds to disagree. Have a good day!

You don't seem to comprehend English very well?

I am from the USA, I am living in the USA.

I did spent 10+ continuous years in Thailand, after visiting many times in the 80's and 90's.

My caliber of advanced MS education (2) , commercial pilots license and over 35+ years in commercial aviation; which I am still working in the USA right now yet you claim a person of my caliber?....

I did raise a kid in the Thai education system. I did bring that child into the USA education. I, unlike you, have factual experience in both education systems, which you do not. He is 1/2 and 1/2 and Speaks English, Mandarin, Thai and Spanish. Do I spend all day bragging he is at the University of Florida, National Merit Honor Society, etc.? No I don't. But I will bet you anything when he graduates he will earn 10 times what your kids in Thailand will earn.

Dear old Dad will leave him a very healthy chunk when I kick off, because instead of F****** Off in Thailand, I plan to continue working for the big bucks as long as I can to give my family the best that I can. Love my job, love the educated people I work with, love the technology. Been working long enough for 6 weeks vacation, company holidays, etc. Have plenty of money to holiday anywhere we like, which isn't Thailand. So I do live a full life, very happy.

Wife and son will both have their very own excellent futures in the USA.

Do you honestly think CM University in world class and going to afford your kid the luxury of starting salary of US $75,000+ a year? You would have to tell a bold face lie if you did.

Never was in a fight one in my entire life in the USA. Never got scammed in the USA. Never 2 tier pricing in USA. Own a beautiful property in the USA. Our 19 rai farm in Thailand is in my wife's name. I couldn't own anything there.

Had the kid in Prem International School in Chiang Mai. Look up the tuition? Then understand this FACT? When he moved to the USA he was still a year behind his age group in education. FACT because been there and done that.

You don't seem to understand that you live in Thailand. You are not educated with an advanced US education. Anything you think you know you get from the news or online. Pretty straight forward fact. You can believe anything you want to believe. But the fact is, most of your braggadocio is just that. Going to Uni in Thailand is better than nothing at all. But on the world stage, that education is worthless outside of Thailand. Sorry that is a fact.

Ever wonder why Thailand censors so much news, that you never even get to see in Thailand? You think you get the whole story? You think you get the truth? Think again Bud, you get what they want you to get. The rest of world does not fall under the Lese Majeste law. You might be shocked to learn a few things about Thailand that is published in the news you never get a chance to learn from.

Not everyone trapped themselves in Thailand and has to tell themselves how great it is.

Sounds like you are doing a good job with your kids.

I have always taught my family there are 2 kinds of education. School (books) and the real world (what you see and learn with your own eyes). With the latter, a book education is only half an education. Are your kids world traveled? Much more to learn out there in the real world away from uncensored Thailand.

With over 90,000 employees in the Fortune 50 company I work at, there are ZERO Thai's working here. We have 1000's from India with advance computer science degree's. We have an advanced IT center in Bangalore, India with 10,000+ more employees. We have many Chinese PhD, Russian, South Korean, Taiwanese and Vietnamese. We have employees in 142 countries around the world. Our company even sponsor's a US Green Card for many of the educated from all the countries I listed.

So, if you want to question me and make a stupid comment of what caliber person I am? You can do that. You can believe what ever you want.

Doesn't make it true one bit.

You want want to talk yourself up here, but talk is talk.

That is what makes the forum so interesting.

11 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

Do you honestly think CM University in world class and going to afford your kid the luxury of starting salary of US $75,000+ a year? You would have to tell a bold face lie if you did.

We have 1000's from India with advance computer science degree's. We have an advanced IT center in Bangalore, India with 10,000+ more employees. 

So, if you want to question me and make a stupid comment of what caliber person I am? You can do that. You can believe what ever you want.

Would point out earning a lot of money doesn't make many people happy.

My adult children in Thailand, are a lot happier than my adult children in the UK.

Inheriting a lot of money often just ends up being spent on drugs.

As for Indian employees, most companies just hire them because they're cheap.

In aviation, they tend to design software that flies aircraft into the ground.

No need to ask what calibre of person you are, we can see that from every post you make.

You still ended up living with a Thai women, same as all the rest of us.

You purchased 'take out', we're all 'eating in'.

Edited by BritManToo

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier." ahahhaaa