Vfs Or Aus Embassy

Hi Guys,

First of all i'd just like to say thanks to everyone that has given information on australia visa's, all the information has been very help.

Okay, my fiances visa application (prospective marriage visa) is completed, she is just waiting for her police check, which she has been told will be ready this friday. going off all the information on this site, i am 100% sure the application is both complete and very well done.

on austembassy.or.th it states:

"Applications for Migration Visas can be lodged either at the Australian Visa Application Centre or by appointment at the Australian Embassy."

I called the embassy and was quiet rudely told i should go to the application centre, which i then stated i had a complete application and was ready to lodge it. the lady i spoke to reluctantly said I can make an appointment to bring it into someone at the embassy.

Which is the better method? (note my fiancé will be applying alone (i’m in melb).

I just want the process to move as quickly as possible.

thanks guys

If you want a quick decision made, and if you have have the police clearance and had the medical check done, and if all of the required papers are on hand, and if the application is strong...no more 'ands'....then, you should make an appointment at the Embassy.

You should be informed who your case officer will be when you make the appointment. On the day of your appointment, your g/f should be interviewed by the nominated case officer.

If all goes well and with any luck at all you will have a decision within 24 hours.

Embassy. Only go to the VFS if you want a long wait, no help, a headache, problems, problems and more problems. I wouldn't even use the VFS if the waived the visa fee!

The embassy offers professional service and you will be able to find out everything you want, you will also be dealing with the scource rather than the puppets. You will also most likely meet your case officer face to face when you submit at the embassy and if your relationship is genuine and you get along good together, for your case officer to see this when you submit the visa application, if you do it together, this will only be a bonus that you can not get at the VFS, you might also not even need an interview if you both really impress the case officer. Forget VFS, embassy only, just call about 2 weeks in advance to be polite, but they can squeeze you in on short notice anyway.

Sorry, I read she is applying alone, it will still be better if she goes to the embasy, so she can meet the person who will make the decision. You should call and make the appointment for her though, I know they don't enchourage people to apply there, thats why they have the VFS, a Thai MIGHT have trouble getting an appointment at the embassy, an Aussie wouldn't even be questioned. Make sure she dresses nice, but NOT to formal..............

Edited by aussiestyle1983

all the papers are together. it will be a complete application.

i'll way till she has the police clearance in her hand, then i'll call the embassy myself and make an appointment for her.

thanks for the advice guys, i know with all the help i got here, the visa will be approved as quickly as possible.