Clearing Hard Drive And Re-install Windows

Moonfruit

Any ideas on how i should go about doing this?

I am resurrecting one of our old computers for use in the office. However, my daughter has filled it was lots of junk programs and files and stuff.

I just want to clear it all and re-install windoze so its as new.

Thanks for your helps!

Guest Reimar
Any ideas on how i should go about doing this?

I am resurrecting one of our old computers for use in the office. However, my daughter has filled it was lots of junk programs and files and stuff.

I just want to clear it all and re-install windoze so its as new.

Thanks for your helps!

Boot from the original Windows CD, delete all existing partitions, create a new partition format the partition (full format) and do a clean install of Windows! Install all progs you want and/or need and here you go: you're ready with your "new" computer!

one question. how to boot from cd instead of hard drive?

Two ways to do that. You can hit F8 while starting up (after the boot screen). Or you can press the del button (keypad) while you see the bootscreen.

The first option should bring a logon screen were you can choose the desired drive to boot from. The second option you have to change the bootsequence in the bios.

On some computers you can get into a boot sequence menu by pressing on the F8 or F12 button during booting. You'll be given a choice between all connected drives, just choose cd-rom...

If this option is not present, you'll have to enter the bios set-up, most often by pressing the F2 button or the Delete button (depends on what model mainboard) during boot.

Find the boot sequence menu, and make sure the cd-rom is before the hard drive in the sequence. Press the F10 button to save and restart...