Tat Launches Amazing Thailand Grand Sale In June

george

TAT launches Amazing Thailand Grand Sale next month

BANGKOK: -- The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) plans to hold the Amazing Thailand Grand Sale between June and August and the Amazing Thailand Grand Sale Fair 2007 next month, both aimed at stimulatฌing spending during the low season.

TAT governor Phornsiri Manoharn said the three-month-long Amazing Thailand Grand Sale was expected to boost spending, particularly at shops and department stores in major tourism venues like Bangkok, Pattaya, Chiang Mai, Phuket and Hat Yai.

For the event, major department stores and shopping complexes throughout the Kingdom will award altogether 10 roundtrip airline tickets, two nights' free accommodation in a Bangkok hotel and a Visa cash card worth Bt25,000.

The TAT and NCC Exhibition Organiser will co-host the Amazing Thailand Grand Sale Fair 2007 from June 21-24, featuring a variety of quality products, services and tourist attractions at discounts of 10-50 per cent.

-- The Nation 2007-05-15

Contrast this grubby price slashing with what happens in real quality tourist areas on the Med.

There, "if you have to ask the price, you shouldn't be here" is the motto.

Never seen a great Monte Carlo give-a-way sale! :o

buy one get one free in pattaya?....cant see how this latest idea will attract more foreign visitors....ok the tourists already here might get more tack for the euros but i dont see hoew its persuading more falang to come here.....or am i missing the point?

They would be most helpful if they would just show their staff how a map functions. I asked one where we were and they pointed to the Plain of Jars and then to Angkor Wat. Think gods they have border checkpoints or these poor souls would be gone missing.

buy one get one free in pattaya?....cant see how this latest idea will attract more foreign visitors....ok the tourists already here might get more tack for the euros but i dont see hoew its persuading more falang to come here.....or am i missing the point?

You have got the idea.

It is TAT that is missing the point. :o

TAT launches Amazing Thailand Grand Sale next month

BANGKOK: -- The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) plans to hold the Amazing Thailand Grand Sale between June and August and the Amazing Thailand Grand Sale Fair 2007 next month, both aimed at stimulatฌing spending during the low season.

TAT governor Phornsiri Manoharn said the three-month-long Amazing Thailand Grand Sale was expected to boost spending, particularly at shops and department stores in major tourism venues like Bangkok, Pattaya, Chiang Mai, Phuket and Hat Yai.

For the event, major department stores and shopping complexes throughout the Kingdom will award altogether 10 roundtrip airline tickets, two nights' free accommodation in a Bangkok hotel and a Visa cash card worth Bt25,000.

The TAT and NCC Exhibition Organiser will co-host the Amazing Thailand Grand Sale Fair 2007 from June 21-24, featuring a variety of quality products, services and tourist attractions at discounts of 10-50 per cent.

-- The Nation 2007-05-15

Do we get the chance to buy a HOUSE + LAND with our names on the Chanote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry this should have been in the "joke" section.

yeah, you are missing the point. Farangs spend not much on shopping here; this campaign is primarily for middle easterners, Indians and other niche markets, Japanese, Singaporeans, Hong Kong and mainland CHinese, Malaysians..... simply it generates sales despite being fairly poorly executed, and competes directly against the similar campaigns run in:

- Singapore

- Malaysia

- HK

It is linked to low cost airlines and Thai Airways alike.

I am unsure if Monte Carlo's experiences have much relevance to Thailand; Thailand is for the most part selling mid price items and some luxury, the very things that price conscious Asian tourists care about being on sale! Ironically, whoever told you that 'if you have to ask the price, you are probably in the wrong place' doesn't know much about luxury brand buying; in fact most luxury brands excluding LV and a few others do discount quite heavily during this period worldwide, and that generates sales for them; many Thais fly abroad to HK during this period, and many HKers fly here for the same reason.

Totally unsure as to why you think TAT has missed the point; not great execution for sure, as would be expected from any govt department, but the concept is a sound one....or maybe I am missing something???

The promotion isn't aimed at attracting more foreign visitors - it's for the domestic market i.e Thais & getting them to travel . . . . and pretty successful it is too at filling the empty rooms in 2-4 star resorts.

Last year I got a very good deal for a resort in Krabi - much lower than the online rates offered by asiarooms/agoda/sawadee etc