New Quarantine Rules a Disappointment

rastlin

OP,

A little less bias would be appreciated."Thais this and Thais that" are counter productive comments. 

Most governments across the planet are scrambling to re-open their country to visitors and tourists.  

Its no different here than say: The Caribbean and West and Lower Antilles. 

Heres just a sample for you from Antigua and Barbuda: a simple short flight from Miami, FLA..... 

Steps for MSJMC RT-PCR Testing and ANTIGEN Testing Requirements:

THIS PROCESS APPLIES TO TRAVELERS ONLY!

Travellers are required to commence the process at least 7 days prior to the departure date to facilitate an appointment for swabbing.
***The appointment will be confirmed once registration and financial clearance have been verified.

Application Requirements:

STEP 1 – REGISTRATION AND BILLING

· Completed RT-PCR test request form/antigen test request form for each person, See Form for use for both tests Here
· Government issued photo ID (passport preferred)
· RT PCR Test Processing Fee:
$300 XCD – Antigua & Barbuda citizens AND Citizens of CARICOM member states (N.B this category does not include international patients with MBS cards)
$200 USD – International Patients

ANTIGEN Test Processing Fee: 

$260 XCD – Everyone

See Credit Card Authorization Form Here

STEP 2 – SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT

· Please email a copy of your travel itinerary and this stamped PCR request form to [email protected] for an appointment. Please indicate any special requirements with regards to timeline for validity of test, result submission to the destination before travel, etc.

STEP 3 – SAMPLE COLLECTION

· Original PCR /Antigen test request form stamped by MSJMC Cashier & Passport must be presented to the physician at the time for testing.

*** Sample Collection Days: Weekdays (Monday – Thursday) from 2pm to 4pm & Friday from 1pm to 3pm (BY APPOINTMENTS ONLY). Results are issued 24-48 hours after sample collection.

For further information about covid-19 testing at the Mount St. John’s Medical Centre in Antigua, please call Tel: (268) 484-2700 or email: [email protected]

Antigen Testing is also available for visitors staying at the following listed resorts in Antigua: Admirals Inn, Antigua Village, Antigua Yacht Club Marina, Buccaneer Beach Club, Carlisle Bay Resort, Cocobay Resort, Curtain Bluff Resort, Galley Bay Resort & Spa, Hammock Cove, Hawksbill Resort, Hermitage Bay, Hodges Bay Resort & Spa, Jumby Bay Island, Mill Reef Club, Nonsuch Bay Resort, Ocean Point Resort, Pineapple Beach Club Antigua, Sandals Grande Antigua, Siboney Beach Club, St. James’s Club, Royalton Antigua Resort & Spa, Blue Waters and The Inn at English Harbour.

Please check with your resort for rates.

14227-ABTA-Resorts-PCR-Testing-Flyer-Web

If your resort does not appear on the list, on-site swabbing services may be available at your resort for PCR and ANTIGEN Testing at the Mount St. John’s Medical Centre. Please contact your resort.

You're an American, therefore you should check with the US State department prior to traveling anywhere.  

If memory serves ; Burma is now a Do Not Travel.  THAILAND is now a Reconsider Travel to somewhere else.

....and the examples above (Antigua) are Same. Level 3, Reconsider Travel. 

This is as of March 1, 2021. 

Any questions about unfair or fair quarentine practices now?

Check out Taiwan.  You may also quarantine at your house or a friend's house. 

Then again, in New Zealand, they have there boarders closed. So unless its official government business, or is government sanctioned its Forbidden. 

On 3/11/2021 at 12:02 AM, KhaoYai said:

I think more details will become available shortly.  They are unlikley to attract many tourists whilst they have any form of quarantine and even less if the 3 month rule is as was stated in the original announcment on Thaivisa. That won't work for many people, they don't get to choose when they get vaccinated. 

I've had my first dose, my second is in May so as I understand it (according to the announcment), I would have to travel before August/September.  I don't think anybody knows how long a vaccine gives protection yet and my government at least, has not stated how often people will have to be vaccinated in the future.  I can't just roll up at my doctor's and demand another vaccination because I need to travel (yet) and I don't think anybody can. 

The whole thing is up in the air at the moment but its clear the application of the 7 day quarantine as reported so far, won't do much to help Thai toursim.  I'm hoping for more favourable news when the details are released.

A note of caution - according to my wife there's been quite a backlash against Chan-o-Cha's announcement, including some from doctor's groups in Thailand.  I doubt that will make hime change his mind on 7 day quarantine completely - he's not known for listening to public opinion but it could affect the 'small print' when it becomes available.

It just shows you how nonconfrontational the Thai people really are, except of course a few students, that they allow a not very bright, Military Academy educated guy and a bunch of tinpot soldiers to have a major say in how the country is run.

The way things are today, pandemic and all, is there no one in this country with the balls to get an elected government in? The majority of the Thai people need to rise up and join the students and shut the country down and force this unelected "PM" out.

12 hours ago, rioD said:

The U.S is the COVID capital of the world.  Just because you're vaccinated, you're still in the U.S were the virus is most prevalent. Your vaccinations do not mean you can't catch the virus, it may simply lesson the odds. You can still get it and spread it. You aren't immune and nobody ever claimed the vaccinations would make you immune if you paid attention. 

Not meaning to send this excellent topic off topic, but is there not a good reason why the US is the COVID capital of the world when a big majority of the US population are obese or overweight? Also to a lesser extent is the UK.

4 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Not meaning to send this excellent topic off topic, but is there not a good reason why the US is the COVID capital of the world when a big majority of the US population are obese or overweight? Also to a lesser extent is the UK.

fat and old is a death sentence these days.

7 hours ago, possum1931 said:

The majority of the Thai people need to rise up and join the students and shut the country down and force this unelected "PM" out.

If only - Prayut relies on the inherent acceptance of Thai people to maintain his position.

• Like 1

Wow reading all these comments, no wonder pandemic in faranlads are out of control, especially with mentality of your convenience over public safety. Please stay there, and don't come.

• Thanks 1