New 90 Day reporting requirement in Chiang Mai.

Rolled up to Immigration in Promenada, Chiang Mai yesterday with all the listed copies of passport main page, visa, departure card, entry stamp and latest extension. Check station outside office handed them all back and said don't need. Then she asked for something new, my GPS coordinates of where I live. Had to go through phone and find it then she wrote on top of application. Office opens at 9. As I was early walked out with new 90 day at 9.04.

Anywhere else doing this?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dazinoz said:

This has been mentioned a few times here over the last 30 days. I can't recall the offices. Maybe best to do a Google Maps snapshot with GPS coordinates and have it in your supply?

I plan to include it in my next 90-day report by post.

18 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

This has been mentioned a few times here over the last 30 days. I can't recall the offices. Maybe best to do a Google Maps snapshot with GPS coordinates and have it in your supply?

I plan to include it in my next 90-day report by post.

Yep good idea. I handn't heard about it.

December at Promenada, they did not want the copies which I had dutifully brought. However they did not want GPS, either. 

Thanks for the information. I am stopping by next week, a phantom out of the smoke, I will try to determine what my gps location is and bring it in, but make them ask for it, if they want it.

• Like 1

PLease can somebody stop this nonsense and blacklist every immigration officer at all Embassies if they ask for a visa, that would be my day.

LIve at less than 1 km from immigration, provided x numbers of detailed maps yet nobody showed up the last 25 years to check. And what about those people with a second house in a part of the country were  they don't have a burning season? 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Dazinoz said:

Rolled up to Immigration in Promenada, Chiang Mai yesterday with all the listed copies of passport main page, visa, departure card, entry stamp and latest extension. Check station outside office handed them all back and said don't need. Then she asked for something new, my GPS coordinates of where I live. Had to go through phone and find it then she wrote on top of application. Office opens at 9. As I was early walked out with new 90 day at 9.04.

Yes. I too was at the same office recently. I took a photo to keep mine for safe keeping

• Like 1

I did my  90 days reporting this week too at Promenada.

Usually they just ask me the TM47 form, passport and the previous 90 days receipt.

And yes, this time the clerk at the entrance desk asked me were I live; I gave her the name of the moobaan and she found the GPS coordinate very quickly on her mobile phone,

She wrote them at the top of the TM47 form.

About five minutes later it was done. Only one customer before me.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dazinoz said:

Then she asked for something new, my GPS coordinates of where I live.

One wonders how they are going to obtain what they consider to be this vital piece of info from those who submit their reports online - once that is possible again, of course.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, OJAS said:

One wonders how they are going to obtain what they consider to be this vital piece of info from those who submit their reports online - once that is possible again, of course.

Probably why online not working. Last 2 reports I tried many time each time with no success.

I went to Promenada on Monday for the same purpose. I arrived at 8am sharp to find it closed and stencilled on the door the opening hours of 11am to 8pm Mon to Fri. There were also opening hours for Sat and Sun. which I did not take any notice of and cannot remember.

I then made my way to Immigration at the Airport Drive Through counter and handed in only the form and my Passport. It was returned within 1 minute with the receipt and no request for any additional document.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Maybole said:

went to Promenada on Monday for the same purpose. I arrived at 8am sharp to find it closed and stencilled on the door the opening hours of 11am to 8pm Mon to Fri.

It actually opens at 9am. Did not see the sign saying 11 to 8.

Yes reported in Feb..at the Prom...requested..GPS...house location..said it was a new requirement...No problem wife had a new 5 G...Only needed form and PP...so.. all of 5 minutes..in and out ..All very polite and helpfull..krup..

• Like 1

I went to Chiang Mai Immigration at the airport yesterday - drive in. In at 1.03pm driving out at 1.05pm. Gave them my passport and completed TM47. No requirement for GPS coords. Very easy.

• Like 1

Wonder if this will be requested for the On Line 90 reports once it comes back on air.

IMHO this makes a lot more sense than refusing Google Maps printouts and  requesting a hand drawn map for the extensions of stay.????

Edited by Boomer6969
  • Like 1

On 3/11/2021 at 2:28 PM, SomchaiCNX said:

PLease can somebody stop this nonsense and blacklist every immigration officer at all Embassies if they ask for a visa, that would be my day.

LIve at less than 1 km from immigration, provided x numbers of detailed maps yet nobody showed up the last 25 years to check. And what about those people with a second house in a part of the country were  they don't have a burning season? 

Don't expect any help from our respective entirely worthless embassies. They are assigned to a 3rd world country and are more useless than the people you (we) are complaining about ????

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Think what he was saying is if there is no housing estate or house on the Google map can not get a true GPS coordinate.  

Then you get GPS co-ordinates form your phone at your house before going to immigration.

Immigration only asked me for coordinates.

Edited by Dazinoz
  • Like 1

Just now, Dazinoz said:

Then you get GPS co-ordinates form your phone at your house before going to immigration.

Sounds good and hopefully when they check it themselves it doesn't show  an empty lot and they don't laugh at you.

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

Sounds good and hopefully when they check it themselves it doesn't show  an empty lot and they don't laugh at you.

Here that is very possible. From what I have seen of Grab car drivers here officers probably have little idea how to use coordinates. Uber used to be good and find my house easily, Grab........ I have given up waiting at my house and go wait out front Mooban.

Oooops, a bit off topic there.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2021 at 12:41 PM, Dazinoz said:

So now there are differences between Chiang Mai offices. Office in Promenada requires it, main office doesn't. Who the hell runs this circus?

Likely they are just not asking people for them.Was at Promenada this morning, two gals out front pre screening docs before you could enter the room. Only a TM 47 needed, however they did work on something while I waited. Then they handed back TM47, passport and a queue number. They never asked for GPS coordinates. I then entered the room.

As I waited for my number to be called, I noticed what the women had been working on. The Latitude and Longitude of my condo were scribbled on the top of my TM47 form.

Edited by LomSak27

17 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

Likely they are just not asking people for them

They did ask me to see if I could find on my phone but she was also looking on her phone. I had forgotten my glasses and she found something and put that on the form.

On 3/15/2021 at 2:53 PM, ThailandRyan said:

Think what he was saying is if there is no housing estate or house on the Google map can not get a true GPS coordinate.  

Drop a pin where the house is now, lon-lat will be displayed.

• 3 weeks later...

I just did my 90 day report at the drive through at the airport immigration office, they didn't ask about GPS coordinates.

Just a completed TM47 and my passport, took maybe a minute.

Did anybody do it at Promenada in the last few days and can give an update?

Edited by jackdd