London murder case triggers wave of grief, rage over threats to women

webfact

On 3/12/2021 at 10:35 AM, Pilotman said:

As you are  obviously saying, it looks ridiculous on paper.  The Greens are just a set of out of orbit lunatics. My eldest voted Green Party at one election, ( she lived in Brighton at the time, so was tainted by that weird City and its legion of wokes) I didn't speak to the stupid child for weeks.  She has since recovered from that short period of madness. 

In the light of your comments about your eldest, it's perhaps ironical that it was Baroness Jones of Moulescoomb who made this ridiculous suggestion. In case you didn't already know, Moulescoomb is the name of a rundown council estate in Brighton!

• Like 2

On 3/12/2021 at 1:00 PM, OswaldBastable said:

I thought you weren't allowed out to visit friends?

I wasn't anyway.

On 3/12/2021 at 1:01 PM, Surelynot said:

Bubble you are

My understanding is that, in order to be in the same bubble as someone, you have to live at the same address as them. Clearly not the case here.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, OJAS said:

My understanding is that, in order to be in the same bubble as someone, you have to live at the same address as them. Clearly not the case here.

? What is the point a bubble then......that is just a household? 

I am not claiming to know...but I thought the bubble allowed restricted mixing of households?

.gov

Guidance

Making a support bubble with another household

How you can safely expand the group of people you have close contact with during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Don't supposed it crossed your mind the horrendous situation some mothers might find themselves in...unsupported, caring for kids.....looking after a home...an abusive, violent partner.......mother stuck at home with the kids 24/7.......swap all out all the men for women and see how many kids get murdered.

Oh .so you think that is ok then to murder their own children. 

Seems you will let women get away with anything, but are very against all men as you think they are all rapeists. 

Edited by jak2002003

Listening to womens responses on LBC it just made me think what do women want us men to do. 

I have had wife's daughters and sons and they do not put themselves late at night in what could be be dangerous situations. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Listening to womens responses on LBC it just made me think what do women want us men to do. 

I have had wife's daughters and sons and they do not put themselves late at night in what could be be dangerous situations. 

OMG.......OMG...speechless.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

24 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Me neither, i never dared walk around Brixton after dark, even when I was young.

There and Tower Hamlets have always been dangerous at night.

Edited by OswaldBastable

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Was the killer cop from Brixton/Tower Hamlets?

The murdered lady was walking alone through Brixton at the time.

https://wikibious.com/wayne-couzens/

"On Wednesday, March 3, 2021, Everard was walking between Clapham Junction and Brixton, heading for her home. She had gone to meet a friend and was coming back around 9 at night. "

Edited by OswaldBastable

1 minute ago, OswaldBastable said:

The murdered lady was walking alone through Brixton at the time.

More to the point the Killer Cop was in Brixton when he picked his victim.

Nothing to do with Brixton (or Tower Hamlets) and everything to do with where the killer cop chose to go hunting.

• Like 2

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

More to the point the Killer Cop was in Brixton when he picked his victim.

Nothing to do with Brixton (or Tower Hamlets) and everything to do with where the killer cop chose to go hunting.

Do we have any information on the motive? There was a woman arrested at the same time, which casts doubt on the 'random victim' theory. I got the impression it wasn't sexually motivated, but a hired killing, of course I may be completely wrong.

Edited by OswaldBastable
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, OswaldBastable said:

Do we have any information on the motive? There was a woman arrested at the same time, which casts doubt on the 'random victim' theory.

On what basis does the arrest of another woman cast doubt on any ‘random victim theory’?

Oh and welcome to TVF, you did well to find your way to emotive issues on the World News Forum, most newbies hang around ‘General Topics’ first.

Not that new members jumping straight into emotive topics on the World News Forum is entirely unheard of.

Again welcome.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It didn’t take you long to be from preening ‘male victimhood’ to preening ‘white make victimhood’.

I'm not preening anything.

If you dislike people being wary of racism or sexism simply because they are not doing so focused on the race or gender that you have singled out for victimhood, you are probably part of the problem.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

On what basis does the arrest of another woman cast doubt on any ‘random victim theory’?

.... Oh and welcome to TVF, you did well to find your way to emotive issues on the World News Forum, most newbies hang around ‘General Topics’ first.

Not that new members jumping straight into emotive topics on the World News Forum is entirely unheard of.

Again welcome.

Thanks for the welcome,

'Jumped' into this news item as I was born in Clapham and worked/lived in London nearly all my life. It's local news for me as I only left England last week.

Can't really comment on many 'General topics' as this is my first time in Thailand, and I haven't been let out of the hotel yet.

Edited by OswaldBastable

21 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Yes, looking at more specific demographics would probably pinpoint better the exact groups that perpetrate certain crimes.  But that would mean they cannot say "men are the problem", which is probably really "white men are the problem".

Which specific ‘demographic’ group did the killer in this case belong to?

He’s male and he’s?

6 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Which specific ‘demographic’ group did the killer in this case belong to?

He’s male and he’s?

So a white man kills a woman, and suddenly all white men are killers?

Do you know how racist that sounds?  I assume you do, but why do you not mind writing it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, OswaldBastable said:

Me neither, i never dared walk around Brixton after dark, even when I was young.

There and Tower Hamlets have always been dangerous at night.

Yeah for sure and many more places but there are plonkers here as above etc who have no idea of what I am trying to say about women taking care of walking alone at night the same goes for any agenda..

On 3/12/2021 at 3:56 AM, JonnyF said:

Yeah they better have a lot of female bus drivers, taxi drivers, doorpeople, barwomen etc. In fact, why 6pm? Just lock up all men forever.

The whole idea is ludicrous. Typical of the Green Party. No thought given regarding the reality of their proposals. Just fluffy, idiotic virtue signaling.

Great,the green party showing their true colours and what to expect if you vote for them.

8 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

So a white man kills a woman, and suddenly all white men are killers?

Do you know how racist that sounds?  I assume you do, but why do you not mind writing it?

Hang on a minute.

When did I make such a claim?

Provide a quote of me saying such or retract.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Was the killer cop from Brixton/Tower Hamlets?

Which " killer cop "? Isn,t everyone presumed innocent until proven guilty?some bit of nonsense that go,es back to the magna carta,still i see your source came from the guardian which would explain it.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Which " killer cop "? Isn,t everyone presumed innocent until proven guilty?some bit of nonsense that go,es back to the magna carta,still i see your source came from the guardian which would explain it.

There’ nothing about ‘presumed innocent until proven guilty’ in magna carta, and while the presumption of innocence is a requirement in the judicial process I know of no such requirement being held over an individual when expressing a personal opinion outside the judicial process. 

So I got the Guardian, where did you pull your magna carta gaff from?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

There’ nothing about ‘presumed innocent until proven guilty’ in magna carta, and while the presumption of innocence is a requirement in the judicial process I know of no such requirement being held over an individual when expressing a personal opinion outside the judicial process. 

So I got the Guardian, where did you pull your magna carta gaff from?

Ever heard of sub judice? Obviously not.

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

You are so naive the other way around happens to, I have been in that position myself.

Why would I not imagine it could be the other way around? What a stupid comment to make..........I was single dad of four children aged of 4 to 14 until the final one went to University......so wind your neck .......I probably have significantly more life experience than you will ever have.

Edited by Surelynot
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

You are so naive the other way around happens to, I have been in that position myself.

I didn't really know until help was provided how many women have a problem..

To make easier for someone like you to understand with your self opinionated rhetoric is not possible.

If a male is a victim is a victim of domestic violence and defends himself hes a wifebeater,if he do,es nothing hes a wimp,bit of a no win.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/12/2021 at 5:32 AM, JonnyF said:

Don't forget to file it in your little black book under JonnyF ????.

But actually I've shared before on TV, so No it's not particularly interesting.

In fact I recall you enquiring which University I studied at, but as I have had problems with some fairly creepy internet stalkers on TV in the past (not naming any names of course ????) I declined to divulge????.

I too decline to give away any details of my personal past,too many sad bitter people with nothing better to do on tv and other forums for that matter,forums can be of value for amusement and information,but you,ve got to sort through a lot of chaff before you find any wheat.

• Thanks 1