Best hospital in Bangkok

Sergach

Sorry to interupt , Just been to the docs. and I paid my bill and left , when I got home I looked at the breakdown of the bill .......Doctors Charge , Blood pressure and weighing charge , then I got to the Medication charge , then there is the Case Medication which I was charged half as much again . 

Does anyone know the difference between Medication and Case Medication ?

On 3/14/2021 at 12:48 AM, SiSePuede419 said:

The best to take the money of snobs who think they're too important to wait at a government hospital?

All of them.

My wife used to work at a private hospital and all the doctors there worked at public hospitals, too.

If you want to pay more for the same doctors, then a fool and his money will be parted. ????

Surely most expats have insurance.  The higher standard of facilities, amenities and shorter waiting times are important, as well as the English speaking capabilities of the ancillary and nursing support.

Recently I've been mainly going to Bangkok Hospital but I've used Bumrungrad many times too and I've been very happy with both.  I've also heard excellent things about Samitivej.

The thing I prefer about Bangkok Hospital is that they have multiple different clinics for people of different nationalities.  There is an 'International' clinic that provides general medical services to Thais, Indians and English speaking patients.  Then a separate clinic for Chinese, separate clinic for Arabs, separate clinic for Burmese, separate clinic for Japanese and a few others.  There is staff in the separate clinics that speak those languages and are familiar with their religions and customs.  This can provide a more pleasant and comfortable atmosphere for patients with fewer cultural and language misunderstandings.

Cost is relative depending on your individual expectations and where you come from.    Compared to seeing a doctor or visiting a hospital in the USA, medical care here is dirt cheap and the service is much better.

That said... BEWARE of having prescriptions filled at the hospital pharmacy.  Bumrungrad's pharmacy charges far more for the same meds that you can get much more cheaply at outside pharmacies.  I learned this the hard way when they charged me a crazy price for a dozen or so Tylenol tablets when I already had a full bottle of it at home - I didn't really look at the bill until I got home, but it was a lesson learned).  Similarly the medicine I was prescribed for High Blood Pressure by a Bumrungrad Doctor, I found at a pharmacy near the JW Marriott for about HALF Bumrungrad's price.  Their doctors typically direct you to their pharmacy after you see them, but in reality you do NOT have to buy your meds at the hospital pharmacy - just tell your doctor you prefer to get the prescription filled at an outside pharmacy.  

• Like 1