Options? Covered calls?

9 minutes ago, RAZZELL said:

Do any of the Thai-based brokers let you sell covered calls in USA or UK stocks?

Many thanks

RAZZ

wouldn't it make more sense to go to a UK broker instead? why make things more complicated by adding administrative layers for your trades?

Edited by GrandPapillon
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

wouldn't it make more sense to go to a UK broker instead?

Just to point out the bleeding obvious, non-residents can't open UK brokerage accounts (or bank accounts for that matter).

• Like 1

17 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

wouldn't it make more sense to go to a UK broker instead? why make things more complicated by adding administrative layers for your trades?

Not many sell covered calls that's why!

RAZZ

20 hours ago, Oxx said:

Just to point out the bleeding obvious, non-residents can't open UK brokerage accounts (or bank accounts for that matter).

sure you can, maybe with Brexit now it's impossible, but you could open an account as EU resident in the UK

Edited by GrandPapillon

IMO the OP would be better off opening an online trading account with a US or UK broker. I have a trading account with an Australian broker. I can buy or sell calls and puts on it, not naked options.

I'm not aware of options trading here in Thai stocks, which is what I would expect Thai brokers to do. There may be one or two that trade options on US and UK markets, but I would expect them to charge a hefty premium for so doing.

• Like 1