Hua Hin airport now ready to accept international flights

snoop1130

Hua Hin airport now ready to accept international flights

IMG_20191111_141400-1024x768.jpg.1c121bb773ed1dcc1462451f9b2954af.jpg

Image:  77Koaded

Some of Thailand’s secondary airports have been given the green light to receive international flights, the Department of Airport announced on Friday.

Hua Hin, Krabi and Surat Thani airports have been granted permission to accommodate international flights, once Thailand re-opens its borders, TNN reported. 

The news regarding Hua Hin airport was made after an announcement about the opening of new domestic routes elsewhere in Thailand.

Starting later this month, Bangkok Airways will offer flights to  Khon Kaen and  Mae Sot, while Nok Air will operate flights between Chiang Mai and Mae-Hong Son.

While there was no further information regarding Hua Hin airport, work to improve facilities and infrastructure at the airport has been ongoing for some time.

As Thaivisa first reported in November 2019, work began extending the runway at Hua Hin airport, while a much larger parking area with a capacity to park five B 737s at any one time was also understood to be part of the expansion plans.

Eventually, a new terminal will be built at Hua Hin airport which will be able to accommodate 900 passengers per hour - three times the current capacity.

The news comes as Air Asia is expected to resume flights between Hua Hin and Chiang Mai and Udon Thani from April. The services had been stopped due to the new wave of coronavirus infections in Thailand. 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-03-12

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

i can stow away in the landing gear and finally escape Hua Hin! 

I thought you'd be flying them in instead of bussing them!

Edited by PatOngo

Do they even have domestic flights?  I checked into trying to book flights from CM to HH are few years back.  Finally just gave up and drove, well, to Cha Am.  Wife and I tend to travel native Thai.

16 hours ago, connda said:

Do they even have domestic flights?  I checked into trying to book flights from CM to HH are few years back.  Finally just gave up and drove, well, to Cha Am.  Wife and I tend to travel native Thai.

Yes they do, as it says in the opening post "The news comes as Air Asia is expected to resume flights between Hua Hin and Chiang Mai and Udon Thani from April. The services had been stopped due to the new wave of coronavirus infections in Thailand". Flights are on sale now for flights to Udon Thani and Chiang Mai from 2 April.

I flew to Udon Thani from Hua Hin last November, and also flew to KL from Hua Hin in December 2019.

• Thanks 1