Hanging Stuffed Animal

Stuffed animal hanging under the rear end

I have noticed that some cars and trucks have a small stuffed animal hanging under the rear end. I have seen many things but never this.

Just another fashion or ????

:o

i have noticed this as well of late. i think it is just atrend, it usually hangs from the rear tow loop

It is said that a car with that kind of thing with it under the rear means it has killed someone in an accident. People put those stuffed animals/dolls to lure the soul they killed. (That's what I have read)

Edited by solid

It is said that a car with that kind of thing with it under the rear means it has killed someone in an accident. People put those stuffed animals/dolls to lure the soul they killed. (That's what I have read)

i find that difficult to believe, just from the sheer number of these i see. Can anyone corroborate?

i find that difficult to believe, just from the sheer number of these i see. Can anyone corroborate?

I believe there's a story by Kamolrat Deephoram, titled ''A Doll on an Exhaust Pipe: Fad or Belief?'', that was in the Child's Thainews (and may also be on the www.childthainews.net web site).

I think it's only in Thai, if someone wants to dig it out and translate it (I can't).

I didn't know it either until about month ago. I think this is new for Thai, too since some thai friends of mine told me that it's from Japan.