Punitive Action against offending Co-Owners and Renters

I am just seeking some ideas.

Most nights I can hear loud music and sometimes a bass guitar. I live in a condo.

Ofcouse all this takes place when there is no manager on site.

I  plan to speak with the manager. I will suggest that I invite the security guard into my apartment such that he can -

1) witness the noise first  hand.

2) Seek out the  source of the noise

3 ) Submit  a report to the manager -the following day.

The problem is I cannot  think of any punitive action that will serve to change  the behavoir of the noise creators.

I  have  no faith in the management company .

Can anybody help?

Most condos have regulations covering noise, the OP would need to consult them prior to taking any action.

Noise is part and parcel of Thailand, I continue to marvel at my GF who can conduct a conversation with her grand-daughter while on the phone to a friend, and the TV is going full blast. I'm surprised most Thais don't have industrial deafness.

If the OP is renting, move.

• Like 2

We had a similar problem in our townhouse gated community with the neighbors across the street from us. We, along with several other neighbors complained to the homeowner's association here, and they set some very strict time constraints as to when the offending neighbors were allowed to make noise. Of course, the noisy neighbors pretty much ignored the new rules set in place. We then contacted police, who told us that there is a noise curfew in Bangkok from 11:00 PM, and to call them if they violated the curfew. The problem was the tenants could see the police from quite a distance every time they came, and were very quiet by the time the police came to the property. 

We then consulted a lawyer, who told us that we could sue. But, if the loud buggers were not the owners, we would have to sue their landlord who basically is responsible for their tenant's behavior. Since the landlord was a good friend of ours who moved back to Australia, we didn't want to sue except as a last resort. We then contacted the landlord who spoke to the tenants and he told them to shut up or move out. That did the trick, and we rarely hear noise from the tenants anymore. 

Hopefully the management in your building can resolve the problem. In the mean time, document the dates and times when the noise occurs, and if possible, record the noise. When I showed the landlord the list and dozens of recordings on my mobile phone of their loud parties, he resolved the problem the very next day. That was a few years ago, and the tenants have been reasonably quiet ever since. The tenants hate us with a passion and we don't speak, but that's fine with us. Good luck. 

If you have access to all the other floors it should be fairly easy to locate the condo the noise is coming from. Take your cell phone get an audio recording app and record the noise from outside his door, show security or management the audio recording and have them sort it out.

Edited by pacovl46

44 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

have them sort it out.

,Have them sort it out ' is the basis for my post

The  manager will not sort it out. I have complained on 4 occasions.

The manager agrees to send out an email stating that all loud noises must cease by 21.30.

Todate no email has been spent.

We have a AGM coming up .I intend to raise the issue there.

However unless I can suggest a practical and legal solution which management can implement -then I fear my complain will fall on deaf ears.

The rules and Regs are clearly posted. They are hand painted(to give them some scaleand durability) and sited next to the lift door(1st floor)

Todate the most practical suggestion to my problem is to wear earplugs. This -or rather Bluetooth Headphones - is my current solution.

14 hours ago, Delight said:

,Have them sort it out ' is the basis for my post

The  manager will not sort it out. I have complained on 4 occasions.

The manager agrees to send out an email stating that all loud noises must cease by 21.30.

Todate no email has been spent.

We have a AGM coming up .I intend to raise the issue there.

However unless I can suggest a practical and legal solution which management can implement -then I fear my complain will fall on deaf ears.

The rules and Regs are clearly posted. They are hand painted(to give them some scaleand durability) and sited next to the lift door(1st floor)

Todate the most practical suggestion to my problem is to wear earplugs. This -or rather Bluetooth Headphones - is my current solution.

Call the cops on the offender’s ass then and/or try to get in touch with the owner of the building or the offender’s condo.

• 2 weeks later...

This problem appears to be resolved.

A week or so ago I asked the security guard .

1) Visit my apartment and witness the noise.

2)Carry out a survey to establish the apartment of my  noisy neighbour

3) Report his findings to the building manager. This he would have to do the folowing day

In the event he ignored my request 3. He Visited  my noisy neighbour  that  night-spoke with his Thai girlfriend about the noise.

Problem solved. Problem solved and no hard feelings with my neighbour.

If the noise re -ocurrs then I will repeat the process.

Simple.

Obviously it is the security guard that is deserving of my  thanks.

Edited by Delight
spelling