Tailored Suits

soundman

G'day all,

I have a friend who is going to spend four days in Pattaya next week. He wants to buy a couple of tailored suits.

Can anyone recommend a reasonable tailor, not too pricy, reasonable service etc?

Cheers & thanx,

Soundman.

G'day all,

I have a friend who is going to spend four days in Pattaya next week. He wants to buy a couple of tailored suits.

Can anyone recommend a reasonable tailor, not too pricy, reasonable service etc?

Cheers & thanx,

Soundman.

Try Burdha accros from Friendship Pattaya Tai.

Am very satisfied customer.

cheers

onzestan

Sorry Soundman, but suits made in Thailand look exactly like

what they are ... Suits made in Thailand.

Naka.

CORRECT YOU ALSO MUST LOOK THAT ONE LEG IS NOT LONGER THAN THE OTHER

BEST TO GO BANGKOK THE ORIENTAL HOTEL IS THE PLACE

Sorry Soundman, but suits made in Thailand look exactly like

what they are ... Suits made in Thailand.

Naka.

So very true. I have had many colleagues asking me why I don't buy a suit in Thailand and then showing me their latest "top quality" buy. It looks like a cheap suit, feels like a cheap suit, usually wears like a cheap suit and then falls apart like what it is. So I've never bought a suit in Thailand.

Mind you the last time I wore a suit I was getting married. :o That's enough to put me off suits for life. :D

If your friend wants a good suit, it is possible, in Pattaya.

He must select a good cloth, anticipate about a week in the making and preferably see some of the tailor's work that has been worn regularly for about a year.

If he allows himself to be persuaded by one of the Indian touts along Beach Road to buy a suit from their establishment, then he will have a cheap suit that looks fine for half an hour, then looks like a cheap suit. Don't sit down in it, don't try to bend the elbow, walk stiff-legged and you may preserve it's looks all evening. But you'll look like an idiot who has just bought a cheap suit.

Same rules apply in Hong Kong, Singapore, KL, anywhere. The only difference is that in Patters they may be a tad cheaper.

Remember to get you order in early and do not settle for delivery on the day you are leaving.

You need time for small alterations if you are to get the fit that you want.

Over the last 5 years I have had 3 suits, 3 pairs of dress pants and about 10 shirts made at Michelles on Beach road near to Mike Shopping Mall. Good materials, fittings service etc.

:o

I can second this recommendation.

Although I haven't purchased there, my friend from the US who is a busy defense attorney has purchased suits and shirts on two occasions with good results. He even brought back some pants to be let-in after his no beer and pizza diet worked! This at no extra charge. As pointed out on other posts, take your time to select the material carefully and do at least 2 fittings before accepting the final product.

Thanx for all the info.

I have allready had the "cheap thai suit" experience hence my post on the forum. Will pass info. onwards concerning shops with satisfied customers.

Cheers & thanx again.

Soundman.

my son-in-law bought 5 suits and a dress coat from jacks tailors jomtein beach road. excellent service and quality.

i took a pair of trousers in and had three copies made all of better worksmanship than the one i took in. reasonable price too.

chez

G'day all,

Cheers & thanx,

Soundman.