Direct to the UK

blackcab

Are any airlines currently flying direct to the UK from Thailand?

I have a friend who is currently due to return to the UK and is flying with Qatar through Doha. Unfortunately Qatar will be added to the UK's red list in a few days.

The general idea is to see if there is an alternative flight to the UK which might be cheaper than paying for hotel quarantine in the UK.

If there are no direct flights then a non direct flight could be considered if it bypasses all countries on the UK's Red List.

After quarantining here for 16 days in Thailand they don't want to do another 10 days in the UK!

Thanks.

only Thai i think( if they still fly) ,  Eva have stopped for now

NB pedantic but Best check for "non Stop" flights "direct flights" ones will often stop along the route!

Lufthansa fly to UK via Frankfurt i think 3 times a week at present

• Thanks 1

THAI fly direct non-stop from BKK to LHR every Sunday. Normally 03:30am departure with arrival in UK about 09:30am. About 20,000 Baht one-way. Don't forget Negative Covid PCR test required no more than 72 hours before departure and filing of passenger locator form.

• Thanks 2

On 3/16/2021 at 5:14 PM, soi3eddie said:

THAI fly direct non-stop from BKK to LHR every Sunday. Normally 03:30am departure with arrival in UK about 09:30am. About 20,000 Baht one-way. Don't forget Negative Covid PCR test required no more than 72 hours before departure and filing of passenger locator form.

Also have to book and pay upfront for 2 more covid tests which are taken in the UK within the 10 day quarantine period at a cost of between £175 - £250 depending on the laboratory of choice used . 

4 hours ago, superal said:

Also have to book and pay upfront for 2 more covid tests which are taken in the UK within the 10 day quarantine period at a cost of between £175 - £250 depending on the laboratory of choice used . 

Thanks. I'm flying back in April and was only recently aware of those day 2 and day 8 covid tests. So that's best part of £300 total in tests to enter UK. Have to book those tests before departing Thailand and add info to passenger locator form. Full info at: https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk

Edited by soi3eddie