Banking in Patts with BKK accounts???

moontang

Did a little searching. A 2018 thread had a table showing the Bangkok Bank (Bkk) fee for using the card "out of province" but the link with it is broken.
Actually it says "in another region" not "in another province". 

I think Bangkok Bank took down the English fee table on purpose. I've looked on their site and found a .pdf Fee table. 38 pages, all in Thai. They even note on the English language page that the fee table is only available in Thai (no reason given).

The Fee Table (in Thai) - effective Jan 2021.

FeesTable3_16Jan2021.pdf

Edited by Kerryd
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

They even note on the English language page that the fee table is only available in Thai (no reason given).

Interesting you bring up that point. I have been to a few presentations by Bangkok Bank staff where they were obviously marketing for non Thai customers. I said to them that many of their internet resource pages, giving important information, like interest rates, charges etc, were presented only in Thai... and seemingly deliberately only in Thai. 

15 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's easy to open a new account once you have one with Bkk Bank. Just open another in Pattaya.

Easy?   Even here in Bangkok you can not open a new account at most branch's without a new letter from your Embassy under current requirements.  And the letter has to be current and specific.  No notice is given to other accounts you may have with other branch's.  

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Easy?   Even here in Bangkok you can not open a new account at most branch's without a new letter from your Embassy under current requirements.  And the letter has to be current and specific.  No notice is given to other accounts you may have with other branch's.  

Oh! Times change. I opened several new accounts without any need for letters from embassy etc. Walked into new branch, showed them bank book from other branch and passport and they opened as many new accounts as I wanted.

Seems Thais really don't want us there any longer, so making it difficult in every way possible.

Back in the 90s I opened my first Bkk Bank account while on a visa exempt visit.

PS. Back in the good old days I got 90 days visa exempt entry at the border, renewable indefinitely with a rail trip to the Malayan border. Sad days when that ended.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Back in the 90s I opened my first Bkk Bank account while on a visa exempt visit.

PS. Back in the good old days I got 90 days visa exempt entry at the border, renewable indefinitely with a rail trip to the Malayan border. Sad days when that ended.

I opened my first account in the early 2000's while on a 30 Day Visa Exempt stamp. Just needed a CoR (which cost 100 baht back then for next day pick-up).
That was back when you could still do the monthly border runs (which I normally didn't need any ways). 

In '08, they wouldn't open an account for my dad, but only because he had less than a week left on his 30 day stamp. Apparently, if he had of had 2 or more weeks left, they would have done it. (He went back to Canada and returned 6 weeks later with a Non-O and they opened the account without any hassle.)

One think you could consider if the 20baht/transaction is too much too bear.  If you have a (proper) address in Pattaya (i.e. that would let you get a CoR), then open an account at your "home" branch and transfer some money into it.
Then go to a bank branch in Pattaya (probably one close to where you stay) and ask them to transfer that account to their branch.

Branch managers, especially at the smaller "shophouse" branches, like having more accounts (and deposits) on "their" books as it makes them look better (and thus a better chance of advancement). 
I've had bank staff get promoted/transferred to a new branch and then try to convince me to move my accounts there as it would make them look better. Never mind that my current branch is about 700 meters away and their (new) branch is about 7 kms away.

You'd need to have an actual address though, just like opening an account anywhere. 

• Like 1

Let me be more specific.. Not talking about ATM... I got a cimb preferred that I can use for free at any Thai bank atm, nationwide for free.  I want to wire 500k from my Nonthaburi Krungsri account to the US, from a Krungsri branch here in Patts.  So can I withdrawal 500k without paying the 20 THB +. 1% interprovince fee?  would be 520 THB.. And I just hate fees, but it could also effect how I execute my plan. 

On 3/17/2021 at 3:24 PM, Kerryd said:

I opened my first account in the early 2000's while on a 30 Day Visa Exempt stamp. Just needed a CoR (which cost 100 baht back then for next day pick-up).

I was staying in an hotel, and didn't need a CoR to open my first account. The good old days really were the good old days for those of us that started visiting LOS in them.

I've suspected for some years that they really don't want us farangs living in LOS anymore, and everything I read like this thread confirms that for me.

IMO they just want tourists that visit for a week or two ( visa exempt ) and spend lots of money. Long stay farangs not welcome any more.

36 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I was staying in an hotel, and didn't need a CoR to open my first account. The good old days really were the good old days for those of us that started visiting LOS in them.

I've suspected for some years that they really don't want us farangs living in LOS anymore, and everything I read like this thread confirms that for me.

IMO they just want tourists that visit for a week or two ( visa exempt ) and spend lots of money. Long stay farangs not welcome any more.

I would tend to agree.  Ideally, they want you back home remitting wires every month to your beautiful girlfriend, who stopped working at the bar, because you send her 15000 per month.  That's more than a high percentage of them woukd make working, and often times it is discovered there are several payors involved.  I recall a fairly attractive girl at John's Place in CM.  She regularly wore a Polo shirt with a Western Union logo on it.  Likely didn't even know how to send one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Thought there was a daily limit of 300k ($10,000) for transfers out.? Varies by bank so may be yours is different.

Bbl says 25000 usd per day, which usually has better rates and is 400 instead of 500.  50,000+ you need a special form.  In all cases, you need to state a reason.  It's 300 if you do ot online, but approval requires wp and several days. 

36 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Using the Kasikorn bank "card free" withdrawal there in no out of area fee. 

Cannot speak to other banks, but likely the same.

No interprovince fee on cimb atm, but that is limited to way less than the 500k I mentioned. 

3 minutes ago, moontang said:

No interprovince fee on cimb atm, but that is limited to way less than the 500k I mentioned. 

Sorry, I thought we were talking about ATM fees. 

Online transfers are also free, but as you say they are limited.

That said, I thing the limit is set arbitrarily and you can have this adjusted in your account, but I do not think you can adjust it online. I know I could not increase my transfer limit online, but I only tried with Krungsri.  

8 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Sorry, I thought we were talking about ATM fees. 

Online transfers are also free, but as you say they are limited.

That said, I thing the limit is set arbitrarily and you can have this adjusted in your account, but I do not think you can adjust it online. I know I could not increase my transfer limit online, but I only tried with Krungsri.  

I believe if can be done on-line with Bangkok Bank.

Just now, jacko45k said:

I believe if can be done on-line with Bangkok Bank.

Have YOU done it. It looks like you can do it online with Krungsri, but when I tried numerous times on numerous occasions I could not. 

That said, I am t befuddled old man....

7 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Have YOU done it. It looks like you can do it online with Krungsri, but when I tried numerous times on numerous occasions I could not. 

That said, I am t befuddled old man....

I believe I did it but some years ago, reducing some limits, a OTP was sent.