Earliest to go from 800k to 400k???

Extension granted on 21 December 2020, for OA-Retirement... my sixth.  One year, from 10 January 2021 to 9 January 2022.  Sold my condo, and woukd like to reduce holdings here, especially with what appears to be a strengthenig dollar.  What's the earliest date I can drop from 800k to 400k.  Thanks in advance! 

1 minute ago, dick turpin said:

?????

He applied for and obtained extension Dec 2. He is required to maintain the 800k in the bank for 3 months post Dec 2/2020. 

Just noticed my error. He obtained it 21 Dec (old eyes) .....so yes he can withdraw 400k anytime post 21/March

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

He applied for and obtained extension Dec 2. He is required to maintain the 800k in the bank for 3 months post Dec 2/2020. 

Just noticed my error. He obtained it 21 Dec (old eyes) .....so yes he can withdraw 400k anytime post 21/March

The OP says the extension runs from, One year, from 10 January 2021 to 9 January 2022.  

so that is confusing, maybe just to be safe he better do it 3 months after 10 January ?

regards worgeordie

Just now, worgeordie said:

The OP says the extension runs from, One year, from 10 January 2021 to 9 January 2022.  

so that is confusing, maybe just to be safe he better do it 3 months after 10 January ?

regards worgeordie

Nup it's 3 months from date of application. In OP case that was Dec 21

1 minute ago, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

Yes, I wasn't sure of that aspect, either, and even wondered if it varied with the wind speed. 

10 minutes ago, moontang said:

Yes, I wasn't sure of that aspect, either, and even wondered if it varied with the wind speed. 

you been in thailand long enough you should know to "err on the side of caution"

even if some  ONE  at the immig office tells you differently.   There is always some ONE else

to say  no no no

but of course :  "up to you "

16 minutes ago, rumak said:

you been in thailand long enough you should know to "err on the side of caution"

even if some  ONE  at the immig office tells you differently.   There is always some ONE else

to say  no no no

but of course :  "up to you "

That is why I was trying to get a feel for the enforcement of this fairly knew rule.. Hadn't gone below 800k since I came on OA in 2014, so I didn't pay that much attention to it.  Heck, I am pretty dang close to calling it quits, here.  I was never one to look for only Thai places, but that never stopped me, and I have been really feeling outnumbered lately. 

I'm 100 percent certain the starting date for the three months is the date that the extension is granted, rather than the end date of the previous extension. HOWEVER, I'm so paranoid about things like this that personally I haven't dared to go under 800K until the latter.

On 3/17/2021 at 10:08 AM, moontang said:

What's the earliest date I can drop from 800k to 400k.  Thanks in advance! 

My strict immigration office says in their written conditions:

Prior to the filing date no less than 2 months and after permission is granted no less than 3 months the applicant must have funds deposit in a bank in Thailand of no less than Baht 800,000.

imageproxy.jpeg.2039e26aaf57f3bf9ed4bc2b

12 minutes ago, khunPer said:

My strict immigration office says in their written conditions:

Prior to the filing date no less than 2 months and after permission is granted no less than 3 months the applicant must have funds deposit in a bank in Thailand of no less than Baht 800,000.

imageproxy.jpeg.2039e26aaf57f3bf9ed4bc2b

The reason is that's exactly what is required. 2 months prior and 3 months post DATE OF APPLICATION.

Don't understand the confusion in this thread. 

Having stated that....if you can afford it lock away 800k+ in a designated account and don't touch it then fool proof option, be it an FD or Savings a/c.

55 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The reason is that's exactly what is required. 2 months prior and 3 months post DATE OF APPLICATION.

Don't understand the confusion in this thread. 

Having stated that....if you can afford it lock away 800k+ in a designated account and don't touch it then fool proof option, be it an FD or Savings a/c.

Note the 800 must be kept for 3 months after extension (permission) is granted, not after date of application.  Sometimes they may not grant the extension on the same day application was made.

On 3/17/2021 at 6:46 PM, Jingthing said:

I'm 100 percent certain the starting date for the three months is the date that the extension is granted, rather than the end date of the previous extension. HOWEVER, I'm so paranoid about things like this that personally I haven't dared to go under 800K until the latter.

Yes I'm a bit the same. Bit like the saying "better safe than sorry" however you are 100% correct in stating  2 month prior and 3 post the date of application. 

That has one rider. Think there is couple of upcountry ill informed immigration offices that are working on 3 months prior for the 800k. Some folk that deal with these F ed offices could advise.

Just now, mojaco said:

Note the 800 must be kept for 3 months after extension (permission) is granted, not after date of application.  Sometimes they may not grant the extension on the same day application was made.

Yes true. Think some ask you to return next day. So not hardly worth a mention.

24 minutes ago, mojaco said:

Do you have example of where it's longer than next day? 

Just now, khunPer said:

The office I quoted on Koh Samui, it often takes five days to a week.

Seriously. Thanks for that was not aware.

Do you know if the 3 month starts from application or approval. My guess is still date of application. 

(4) At least 2 months prior to filing date, and at least 3 months after being granted permission, the alien must have fund deposited in a bank in Thailand of no less than THB 800,000. The alien can withdraw the fund 3 months after being granted permission and the remaining balance must be no less than THB 400,000

35-2561 change 327-2557 Criteria (2019) Eng.pdf

If the OP's extension was granted on Dec 21st, he can withdraw 400K on March 22nd (21st is a Sunday).

13 hours ago, khunPer said:

The office I quoted on Koh Samui, it often takes five days to a week.

Unfortunately not, but I would count from the date stamped in the passport. 

A retirement extension would have two dates with the one top saying "Extension of stay permitted up to......" and in the middle "Signed....." and "Date....."; which date I would count from, if I needed to cash money out from the 800k baht deposit.

Archived