Government Expects Made-in-Thailand Campaign to Create Bt1.77 trillion

snoop1130

360e89bcc187a9b53884a50a6a242b7f_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The government believes its new Made-in-Thailand campaign, which promotes the use of locally made products in state projects, can create domestic economic value of 1.77 trillion baht.

Industry Minister Suriya Jungrungreangkit said the scheme aims to help local businesses, including small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), through state procurement projects. Factory operators and workers should also benefit from the scheme.

He said up to 60,000 factories have registered with the Industry Ministry and there are around 5 million workers employed in factories and SMEs, adding that the scheme will reduce the country’s dependence on imported products.

Authorities expect the scheme will be another tool to help Thailand cope with the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic, while also improving the efficiency of local industries.

nnt.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2021-03-18

• Haha 2

If it's made in Thailand it will be more expensive than importing it from China and therefore I doubt any label on it will make any difference in the Thailand domestic market. That said, Myanmar products saying made in Myanmar might sell better in Myanmar than those stamped made in china these days

We use a sauce pan that was made in Thailand and it has lasted much longer than the Chinese pan that we had from before.

I have bought many other things that were made in Thailand and they saved me money and were not that much more expensive than the Chinese

equivilant. 

Geezer