Thailand Suicide Rate during Covid.

Neeranam

I watched the last day the video.. Sad, terrible and real documentary. Students, elder, families without incomes,  lonely people, inmigrants..The Good samaritans service are overcharged. This drama is happening not only in thailand, but in countries with the economy on the floor and with a poor Health programs.

Edited by Tarteso
  • Like 1

Are any rates presented in the video?

If so, how do they compare to other periods of time?

I found this, but it's only through 2019:

https://www.dmh.go.th/report/suicide/english/stat_prov.asp

There are a gazillion different figures out there, ranging from 6-ish up to 14.4 per 100,000.

Would be nice to udenrstand the actual figures and the trends.

Economic challenges usually rank 4th, as a reason, following relationships, drinking and illness.

• Like 2

I saw this video on my YT feed, very sad, I shed a year or two, especially for the lady who went to the Finance Ministry.

Just shows that the military Muppets haven't got a clue and don't want to know what's going on in the lives of societies most vulnerable citizens and probably don't care either.

• Like 2

On 3/19/2021 at 12:58 PM, Airalee said:

Wouldn’t the unprecedented economic challenges this time around lead to relationship problems, people hitting the bottle more and mental illness issues?

No clue.

I was highlighting the reasons pre-COVID.

That's why I was looking for more detail.

Sad indeed. Typically, mental illness in Thailand would be brushed, and hard for folk to come forward due, primarily, to issues with face as well as lack of facilities. Good that it's getting more exposure and things are being set up. As far as the army's concerned, they wouldn't give a monkey's... likely considered a weakness they could do without. Regard affect from covid, suicide is going to be a major secondary.