Trip down memory lane - Bulldog Syndicate 1993

nglodnig

A game I was addicted to back then, ran on DOS (only) when I upgraded my PC to Windows it stopped working. There was a sequel called Syndicate Wars which I loathed. Ended up giving up playing games totally and got on with my life. Nearly thirty years ago showing my age here.

ANYWAY reading the excellent Altered Carbon I saw the author had also been doing work on a remake of the game (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syndicate_(2012_video_game)) - which apparently was a bust and not at all like the original - first person shooter stuff - I liked to be above in my balloon controlling minions from below. So I googled a bit - the original game is available through Electronic Artists at the dizzying price of six Euros! Naturally I went mad and bought it. It works by using a DOS box emulator so now instead of looking at a poxy fourteen-inch screen I can now play it on my 32-inch wonder with stereo speakers (useful for that GREAT music).

Anybody else remember the game?

Edited by nglodnig
factual correction it's a game not a comic book he worked on

Yeah it was a great game. It was fun persuading all people so you got a nice human shield around you.  

I played the original on a Mac, which probably had better graphics (higher resolution and/or more colours) than the DOS version. 

The 90s were a great period for gaming imo. Nowadays I don't play too many games anymore.

You can buy many classic games cheaply on GOG: https://www.gog.com

Edited by wolf81
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, wolf81 said:

Yeah it was a great game. It was fun persuading all people so you got a nice human shield around you.  

I played the original on a Mac, which probably had better graphics (higher resolution and/or more colours) than the DOS version. 

The 90s were a great period for gaming imo. Nowadays I don't play too many games anymore.

You can buy many classic games cheaply on GOG: https://www.gog.com

No need to pay. Google abandonware, there are sites with great old games for free. If you don't mind running a DOS emulator, or ever an Amiga emulator the choices are endless. I often dust off Uplink and pretend I'm an elite undercover hacker, or talking about elite, I renew acquaintance with Elite Plus every now and then. I do remember isometric 3D Syndicate, a very good game. Having said all this, my time at the moment is all sucked into the supermassive black hole that is Red Dead Redemption 2. Cyberpunk 2077 be damned! 

• Like 1