Hi All,

I know everything is all up in the air at the moment with the covid virus etc, but is it still £5000 in you bank account for 6 months to qualify for a SETV Visa (2 months + 1 month extension at immigration)  ?

I'm thinking of trying to travel at the end of this the year around November -December.....

Thanks in advance.....

Baz......

25 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

That requirement is not required.

If you outline in detail such things as how long you would like to stay in Thailand.

Which country you from. Your age. etc You will obtain better advice re your options.

I would like to stay for around 3-4 months max, I'm 52 & from the U.K........

It is impossible to predict the requirements for an SETV (and COE if those are still required) eight months from now. I can appreciate why you would like to plan ahead but, realistically, you cannot yet plan affectively for a holiday in Thailand towards year end. The situation may be clearer about six months from now.

8 hours ago, baz69er said:

I would like to stay for around 3-4 months max, I'm 52 & from the U.K........

As pointed out the financial requirement you mentioned in your OP is not required and indeed an SETV would give you 60+30. Most others are asking advice for travel in near future. A lot could change by Dec. Personally I would be just keeping eye on things. If land borders are open in Dec it's a completely different ball game. You could even end up traveling visa exempt.

Added note. Being over 50 and from UK you can obtain a non O based on retirement if and when a longer stay is wanted.

10 hours ago, baz69er said:

I know everything is all up in the air at the moment with the covid virus etc, but is it still £5000 in you bank account for 6 months to qualify for a SETV Visa (2 months + 1 month extension at immigration)  ?

According to the Consulate websites, the financial requirement for a SETV is £3,000.

The Consulates are unfortunately closed for the foreseeable future, therefore all applications must be made online to the Thai Embassy London.

The SETV will grant a stay of 60 days + a 30 day extension from a local Immigration office.

Unless borders have reopened, which would allow you to exit/re-enter for a further 30 day Visa exempt entry + a further 30 day extension, allowing a total of almost 5 months stay, currently a 90 day short stay would be the maximum you could obtain on a TV.

The METV has been suspended and replaced with the STV (Special Tourist Visa) which grants a stay of 90 days + 2 x 90 day extensions at local Immigration offices granting a total possible stay of almost 9 months.

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There was never a requirement to have 5000 pounds in the bank for 6 months to get a single entry tourist visa.

That was for a special tourist visa (STV) and that was dropped some time ago.

The requirement a few years ago when you could no longer apply for a visa by post where you signed a declaration that you had enough funds for your stay in Thailand, I had done this for many years & then all of a sudden it changed to online only & you had to show proof of £5000 for 6 months.........

4 hours ago, baz69er said:

The requirement a few years ago when you could no longer apply for a visa by post where you signed a declaration that you had enough funds for your stay in Thailand, I had done this for many years & then all of a sudden it changed to online only & you had to show proof of £5000 for 6 months.........

There is no such requirement at this time. It does not mention any minimum amount for any amount of time.

Only a METV has a 200k baht in the bank for 6 months requirement that is about 5000 pounds.

The standard financial proof for a visa is 20,000 baht.

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no such requirement at this time. It does not mention any minimum amount for any amount of time.

Only a METV has a 200k baht in the bank for 6 months requirement that is about 5000 pounds.

The standard financial proof for a visa is 20,000 baht.

It sounds like the online application that I used last time was incorrect & that they where asking the wrong information.....

Hi,

Thank you for all the replies, I've just found some old statements that I had to have send to me through the post from my building society (e-savings) for proof of funds for my online visa a few years back & it was £5000 & from some of the replies I have had from members, I was being asked for the in-correct information for the visa that I was applying for, I knew at the time that things weren't right & there where a lot of members on the forums regarding the new online visa application system & I for one had to submit duplicate copy's to proceed any further to complete my application, well anyway I'm going to keep £3000 in my account permanently just to be on the safe side when borders are open, but like we all know things can change & being prepared for the worst is the best policy.....

Cheers

Baz